PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady admits he wouldn't throw to receivers he didn't trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see Tom win more Super Bowls while some of these “fans” cry about it.

Your Brady obsession is embarrassing.

I probably agree with you, but you don't have to discredit the information I posted. I am angry most days and especially today, because of my excessive pain, not an excuse, but I am making it one. It is Easter and Passover, and people should be with their families not getting sick from a virus and dying from a virus, but eating together.

What is your buddy Brady about? Himself!

Have a beautiful day, what is left of it. Enjoy those that can be around you today. Get pissed at me anytime you want.

I probably agree with you, but you don't have to discredit the information I posted. I am angry most days and especially today, because of my excessive pain, not an excuse, but I am making it one. It is Easter and Passover, and people should be with their families not getting sick from a virus and dying from a virus, but eating together.

What is your buddy Brady about? Himself!

Have a beautiful day, what is left of it. Enjoy those that can be around you today. Get pissed at me anytime you want.

That article was idiotic though.

Happy holiday.

I would love to hear a QB say "Yeah man I throw to receivers I don't trust" lmao.

I mean, the WR drafting sucks. You can say NE is good at finding players to make **** work, and even that they're the best team, while also admitting that picking WR was never a big strength, outside of already-proven FA's.

No need to divert to how well we manage with pass-catching RB's (seems like we're pretty bad at finding RB's that run super well) or... I wouldn't even say TE's, I mean - saying NE knew Gronk would be as good as he was is like saying NE knew TB would be as good as he is.

Can we just accelerate time where we jump to the hot take that Gronk was actually the most important player on the team from 2010-2019, so it can then be shot down? So we can get this whole "Who's most important?" debate out of the way as well.

The 'still successful' Eagles went 9-7 last year, while the Pats went 12-4 with Brady throwing to equally bad receivers. If the Eagles were still successful last year, then the Pats were not just successful, but considerably more successful.

I am talking about the offensive production. I am talking about making use of all the receiving group and not honing in on one guy.

The Patriots scored more points than the Eagles (420 to 385), had more passing yards (3961 to 3833), higher passing yards per attempt (6.1 to 5.9), all while having a worse running game (1703 yards to 1939, only 3.8 yard/attempt to 4.3 yards/attempt). The respective running games rank for yards and y/a is: NE: 18th, 25th; PHI: 11th, 19th. So, Brady did more, despite having a significantly worse running game to rely on...

Brady threw to 18 different guys last year, Wentz to 17, the breakdowns are very similar between the 2 (how the attempts, yards, etc are spread between players).

Talent wise, I'm taking PHI group of WR/TE/RB over NE all day, every day. Ertz/Goedert vs 39yo Watson/Lacosse/Izzo is a massive gap in talent. Sanders/Howard/Scott/Sproles vs White/Michel/Rex/Bolden, I might give the edge in passing to NE, however PHI group is MUCH better running with the ball. Agholor/Jeffrey vs Edelman/Dorsett, Edelman is the best of the group, but I'll take the PHI combo over NE because Dorsett has shown useless as anything more than a #3/4 option. The depth beyond that you could argue one way or the other, but PHI's WR depth is certainly more athletic than NE (and most I are 6'+ unlike more midgets in NE)...

Breakdown of the most targeted players:
For PHI:
Player - Targerts - % (Targets/Snaps)
Ertz (TE) - 135 - 14.5%
Goedert (TE) - 87 - 11.3%
Jeffery (WR) - 73 - 14.8%
Agholor (WR) - 69 - 10%
Sanders (RB) - 63 - 10.3%
Ward (WR) - 40 - 13%
Scott (RB) - 26 - 14%
To include their best target (just 3 games):
Jackson (WR) - 10 - 15.4%

NE:
Player - Targerts - % (Targets/Snaps)
Edelman (WR) - 153 - 15.2%
White (RB) - 95 - 19.4%
Dorsett - 54 - 9.6%
Sanu - 47 - 12.4%
Meyers - 41 - 9.9%
Burkhead - 38 - 14.4%
Gordon - 36 - 11.3%

Where exactly is Brady 'only throwing to one guy' compared to Wentz...
Looking at top 5 targets compared to the rest of the targets (targets/snaps):
NE: TOP5: 13.7%, the rest: 7.2%
PHI: TOP5: 12.2%, the rest 8.2%

The facts simply don't support this idea that Wentz did more with less or spread the ball out better than Brady...

If you want to look at quality of Defenses each team faced, NE faced slightly better. Ranks for passing defense (yards) and total defense (points), average for NE: 15.10/16.44 respectively, PHI:17.5/17.19. Top 10 defenses faced (passing defense/total defense): NE: 6/5, PHI: 5/5.

If you want to look at games vs common opponents, it's very close. Average points scored/passing yards: NE: 27.67/256; PHI: 28.25/241. Records: NE: 8-1, PHI: 7-2.

So, again, where exactly did PHI do 'more with less' than the Patriots, with respect to offense and passing? But don't let the facts get in the way of your argument...

Last edited:
That article was idiotic, though.

Happy holiday.

Maybe, idiotic in your mind.

There have been many videos to view Brady's obsession with himself that can be use to draw a conclusion about him. There have been many, too many, numerous print stories about Brady's obsessions about himself to draw conclusions from, about Brady. I add them all up and they say he is a narcissist just like his buddy. He always has been.

Again, Happy Holiday, to you, your family and friends with you today. May you and them be safe.

BTW, I don't care if Brady wins another SB. Just not against the Pats. I don't think he could win a SB against the Pats, not yesterday, today or tomorrow not against BB. BB wins every time.

Go Pats

Remaining in the dark is your privilege; you don't need to tell me you wear a blindfold and plug your ears. You probably do the same regarding criticism of the present Commander of Lies. Brady and the Commander have much in common.
Keep your feckin leftist garbage opinions the FECK OFF this thread, you feckin ignorant libtard.

The offense was in the top 5 for about 85-90% of the years since 2001 and investing more draft picks into something that is humming along just fine is just not an ideal use of limited resources when you have an entire roster to consider. Especially, when history has shown that you can always get your LaFells or Hogans who don't break the bank but do their job via FA.

But then again maybe your prefer the Colts way of building teams.

To restate your conclusion

Since 2001, Brady-led teams have been in the top 5 for offense 85-90% of the time.

THEREFORE, since Brady is gone, Belichick can continue to rely on the same level of players on offense. Presumably, the replacement of Brady will be able to be in top 5 with the same help.

???

If Brady's replacement is a fine franchise QB, but not as good as Brady, wouldn't we need MORE quality help than before to have the same success on offense?

Last edited:
To restate your conclusion

Since 2001, Brady-led teams have been in the top 5 for offense 85-90% of the time.

THEREFORE, since Brady is gone, Belichick can continue to rely on the same level of players own offense. Presumably, the replacement of Brady will be able to be in top 5 with the same help.

???

If Brady's replacement is a fine franchise QB, but not as good as Brady, wouldn't we still need more quality help than before to have the same success on offense?

You are moving the entire discussion into a completely unconnected direction. Nobody has been talking about 2020.

This was a discussion on why investing more early draft resources in the past had diminishing returns relative to other positions.

You can see that they clearly started to change it up in the last two years with a RB and WR picked very early while Brady was getting older and Gronk contemplated (and then executed) retirement.

Point being for the majority of the 2010s putting an early round resource into an already humming offense would provide less ROI than into other positions.

Here’s an answer I wouldn’t have expected. Craig Morton is the only starting QB to win an AFC and NFC Championship. He lost both Super Bowls he started.

For a WR to be successful in the system they need to fully understand their route and how it intersects with the other patterns. When Brady scans the field and see the safety go with player X he immediately knows that player Y now has single coverage and should move to a specific place on the field. Brady will be often be throwing the ball before that player has even made their cut. Trust is the absolute most important thing for him to rely on. It baffles me that anyone would think otherwise, He does not throw to his "favorites" because he likes them he throws to them because they are where they need to be.

Maybe the system was too complicated for the players last year and they'll move to a less complex game plan with Stidham but I'd be surprised if it results in a similar level of success.

GTFO with this sh!t...Not giving that garbage website a click to read what is, judging by its title, a garbage opinion piece, not now and not ever...
Agree with the piece or not, no one bolsters their argument saying they disagree with something while having never read it. That being said, the piece does go to the extreme though I agree with many of its points.

At the end of the day, Brady was a fantastic football player for the Patriots but in no way does that make him a great or bad person. His actions outside of football dictate that and he does himself no favors with these type of interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back