PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s long passes (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady’s deep ball has always been underrated here. Back in his prime, he could heave it 70 yards downfield with velocity. He still can huck it now at age 42.

He threw a 74 yard pass to Moss against the giants in the super bowl that hit him in the hands in STRIDE. If not for a great play by the giants CB, would have been the greatest competition in nfl history

Brady’s deep ball has always been underrated here. Back in his prime, he could heave it 70 yards downfield with velocity. He still can huck it now at age 42.

He threw a 74 yard pass to Moss against the giants in the super bowl that hit him in the hands in STRIDE. If not for a great play by the giants CB, would have been the greatest competition in nfl history

Sad thing is Brady had very few Deep Ball receivers Moss and Cooks.

Deep ball passing by and large a crapshoot, with all capable QBs. They all wind up somewhere in 30-40% completion range per season. The receivers make a big difference too.

Shockingly few to Moss and I think zero to Cooks but 2 to Sam Aiken? Lol definitely didn’t recall or expect that. Shows the things we choose to care about. Lots of great plays there but while a deep ball TD is definitely one of the most watchable plays in all of sports it’s only part of what makes TB so amazing. The sheer number of different receivers those 40 plays went to over the years show how timeless and untethered to specific skill guys Tom’s career has been. I would suspect a similar video of any other QBs career would be primarily to just a handful of receivers.

Considering Brady has not had game breakers most of his career, he has thrown a lot of deep parts with success.

Deep ball passing by and large a crapshoot, with all capable QBs. They all wind up somewhere in 30-40% completion range per season. The receivers make a big difference too.

I'd like to know what Russell Wilson's is... I swear that guy is something else with the deep ball.

Brady may still have a strong arm but I don't think he was ever very accurate on long passes. That was the only thing that Garropolo did better than Brady.

I certainly hope the 1 Slater catch is in there :)

Nothing like seeing the old pre-HD 3:4 ratio low rez footage to remind you how long ago some of this was. What a career.

Comments:

a.) Deion Branch.....

b.) Wes Welker....

c.) Randy Moss, man.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill