Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What should we do with Bourne/Parker in 2023?

• Keep Parker, cut ties with Bourne

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Keep Bourne, cut ties with Parker

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Keep both

Votes: 63 80.8%
  • Cut ties with both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Parker is entering Jag city always glued to Defenders. I would love for us move on from him: we need guys who can Separate and Parker is not that guy.

Parker is entering Jag city always glued to Defenders. I would love for us move on from him: we need guys who can Separate and Parker is not that guy.

We need guys PERIOD right now, because the only guys we have under contract right now are Parker, Bourne, and Thornton. If they re-sign Meyers, trade for a #1 guy like Higgins or Hopkins, AND draft a kid in the first three rounds, then I'm fine moving on from Parker. But if they're not re-signing/adding three guys, they just don't have enough proven bodies for my taste right now.

The Patriots currently have 5 WR on the roster. Bourne, Parker, Thornton, Bowden, Nixon. I'm not including Marcus Jones, though he's likely to take a few snaps at WR each game.

The Pats typically have 10-12 going into TC. They'll likely add at least one low end vet. But the others are likely to be Draftees or UDFA.

Getting rid of Bourne and/or Parker would be suicide for the team for this reason. We don't want a rehash of the 2006 season where our WRs corps basically relies on ONE guy

Catching 66% of his targets and averaging over 17yds a catch is not JAG.

Parker's problem is he can't stay on the field.

IF we take Zay Flowers @14 some might be pissed but I would be very happy. Flowers would be a #1 WR here instantly!

Bourne was a better player in Mac's Rookie year he showed he's more explosive than Meyers but Fat Matt didn't like him and BB followed suit last year very foolish move. Parker will not be missed he's not that good anymore. Dude played in a game which he saw 45 snaps and had one measly Target Revis in his prime wasn't covering him. That did it for me Parker have one of the lowest separation numbers among Starting NFL Receivers.

The Patriots currently have 5 WR on the roster. Bourne, Parker, Thornton, Bowden, Nixon. I'm not including Marcus Jones, though he's likely to take a few snaps at WR each game.

The Pats typically have 10-12 going into TC. They'll likely add at least one low end vet. But the others are likely to be Draftees or UDFA.

Getting rid of Bourne and/or Parker would be suicide for the team for this reason. We don't want a rehash of the 2006 season where our WRs corps basically relies on ONE guy
Parker is not a Patriot Type Receiver he's Big and Slow bad combination.

I think we need to double dip at WR in the draft, with one of the picks being an early one. We really need an infusion of talent and to give Mac a true #1 and #2 WR.

IF we take Zay Flowers @14 some might be pissed but I would be very happy. Flowers would be a #1 WR here instantly!
They could probably trade back and grab Flowers and another need with a low 1st and high 2nd. Flowers would be a nice addition, he and Thornton and Bourne have some positional flexibility and Parker can be that more strictly outside guy. You might not need to go get an elite established WR1 at that point and could instead use your 2023 cash on someone like Edmunds at LB, a halfway decent FA tackle and other needs or nice-to-haves. Both Bourne and Parker will be free agents after this year however.

They better both stay, both are on very affordable deals for what they can bring to the table.

Parker just needs to stay healthy, he had a slow start but once he got going he was a legit downfield target. And can also be a big asset on the slant routes with his body, easy completions.

Bourne will produce well too if we decide to stop stepping on our own **** and keeping one of our best weapons on the bench.

At around 6m both should be no brainers

Meyers is a good player, but he will get overpaid in a WR market that grossly overpays. Agholor has to go, he’s as unreliable a player as I have seen, and they overpaid him to begin with. That said they will need to find another WR through trade or free agency, and one in the draft.

Agholor will be addition by subtraction... Take that money, add $2-2.5M extra/year for 4 years, and we have Meyers, maybe...

Parker was/is what I feared he would be: utterly unreliable... But we have nobody in the building worthy of replacing him; so what are we gonna do?

Dawghouse Bourne has to stop dropping/fumbling footballs and running into/not blocking for his teammates when he's on the field.

And the less said about BoneyT, the better.

I voted for Keep Both, but it's not because I love them or anything.

Unless I’m reading wrong, Parker is under contract for 6.2 mil
A great pick up if Parker could stay on the field. Been impressed with his play on several occasions.

Parker is not a Patriot Type Receiver he's Big and Slow bad combination.
When did this stop being a Patriot type receiver?

Curious what the opinion is here on both WR’s.

I feel like I’m in a minority, but Parker was really underrated last year at times and I hope he stays. He made some in traffic catches I had not seen a Pats WR make in quite some time here. What we wished Harry would bring physically.
I'm in agreement with you, what's limited Parker in his career has always been Injury.. however he made some awesome acrobatic catches these past season.. I want him here along with Bourne.. as for Bourne every team Needs a guy like him.. awesome locker room guy, great community guy, fan favorite, he engerizes the crowd.. he needs to return to this offense on a full time basis no matter who we add..

I'm in agreement with you, what's limited Parker in his career has always been Injury.. however he made some awesome acrobatic catches these past season.. I want him here along with Bourne.. as for Bourne every team Needs a guy like him.. awesome locker room guy, great community guy, fan favorite, he engerizes the crowd.. he needs to return to this offense on a full time basis no matter who we add..
I concur.. I actually was a big fan of parker. His sideline catches were amazing and he got into a rhythm with Mac towards the end . No point throwing away that progress. People need to realize we had nkeak Harry for 3 years and agholor for 2 years who couldn't match what Parker did in 1 year.

Parker is great insurance as wr 3. We don't have a wr 1 and maybe might not have one . But if Thornton develops and we land a stud slot receiver in draft who knows we could explode .

I personally think we will lose Meyers , Brown and Henry this off-season unless Henry signs a 3 year extension including this year for 25 million with 12 million guaranteed . If Henry is released he might get a 2 year deal at 12 -14 million and a 5 million dead cap.

I concur.. I actually was a big fan of parker. His sideline catches were amazing and he got into a rhythm with Mac towards the end . No point throwing away that progress. People need to realize we had nkeak Harry for 3 years and agholor for 2 years who couldn't match what Parker did in 1 year.

Parker is great insurance as wr 3. We don't have a wr 1 and maybe might not have one . But if Thornton develops and we land a stud slot receiver in draft who knows we could explode .

I personally think we will lose Meyers , Brown and Henry this off-season unless Henry signs a 3 year extension including this year for 25 million with 12 million guaranteed . If Henry is released he might get a 2 year deal at 12 -14 million and a 5 million dead cap.
Definitely agree!!!! That Minnesota game Parker was phenomenal.. I know he missed some time this season with concussion, but he made some great catches.. Myers I would like to keep him,but I beleive he goes after the money can't blame him.. an undrafted kid came in made a name for himself.. he too has a repore with Mac.. I know HH is still under contract right? He's actually been productive.. Smith is the one I'd think would be cut if anything.. we have some pieces as you mentioned on offense... we just need that bona-fide WR that allows every else to play in position..

Smith's contract makes cutting him unfeasible.

I really think O'Brien will make much better use of Smith given he has great YAC ability and decent blocking. So we'll see Smith coming out of the backfield often with RPOs - doesn't need fancy route running or contested catch ability if he's schemed better.

Evan Lazar had some great videos showing how O'Brien has used these concepts.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back