PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Herald: MRI for McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Cartman thanks for mentioning Earthwind. I used to love hearing BB say his name at press conferences. It always cracked me up.

Last edited:
Just caught BB's presser from earlier today. This exchange made me laugh. You could tell the reporter knew it was futile to ask but had to try anyways.

Q: On a scale of one to ten, how serious would you say Devin McCourty's rib injury is? I don't think we've tried it that way before.

BB: Well we can give the same answer that we usually give on Monday which is, ‘We'll see on Wednesday.'

As I recall, McCourty had a rep for returns in his college years.
But the Pats don't use him this way for some reason.:confused:

Devin is an excellent KO returner. BB does not use him there because he also plays both special teams coverage units. No reason to overdo it.

Just caught BB's presser from earlier today. This exchange made me laugh. You could tell the reporter knew it was futile to ask but had to try anyways.

Q: On a scale of one to ten, how serious would you say Devin McCourty's rib injury is? I don't think we've tried it that way before.

BB: Well we can give the same answer that we usually give on Monday which is, ‘We'll see on Wednesday.'

Lol, the dude already knew what the deal was. That must suck as a reporter to have to write that down :p

Good to hear it may not be serious. After all Bledsoe was wanting to go in after Mo Lewis hit him as well :bricks:

As I recall, McCourty had a rep for returns in his college years.
But the Pats don't use him this way for some reason.:confused:

Their names are Edelman and Tate.
Hope DMac is okay. I think he should be since none of the reports indicate anything serious.

Last edited:
If we win this week could be a blessing in disguise if Butler can play well and gain some confidence heading into the playoffs

Butler's been playing well enough that if the team is that worried about McCourty, they can rest him until the playoffs. He's not going to make us forget about McCourty, but I don't worry about him nearly as much as I did earlier in the season. We can also slide Chung into the nickel if need be. As for McCourty, he said after the game that he was okay. Furthermore, they labeled his return to the game as "questionable". If the rib injury were that bad, I think they would have given him a "doubtful" status.

Butler's been playing well enough that if the team is that worried about McCourty, they can rest him until the playoffs. He's not going to make us forget about McCourty, but I don't worry about him nearly as much as I did earlier in the season. We can also slide Chung into the nickel if need be. As for McCourty, he said after the game that he was okay. Furthermore, they labeled his return to the game as "questionable". If the rib injury were that bad, I think they would have given him a "doubtful" status.
And what would make you think the Pats would designate him with a doubtful status even if he was? Have you been watching BB all these years? You got a better chance of guessing if Brett Favre is going to retire next year.

And what would make you think the Pats would designate him with a doubtful status even if he was? Have you been watching BB all these years? You got a better chance of guessing if Brett Favre is going to retire next year.

I'm aware of that. But if they (this includes McCourty) thought that the rib injury was that serious, they would have listed him as "doubtful" to return. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Off the top of my head, Matt Light was listed as "doubtful" after his injury in the Broncos game last season.

Last edited:
Who knows. Maybe Butler getting extra reps will be beneficial for us. If he ever had to come in during crucial drives, he would have the extra experience.

Luckily he's got plenty of time to rest, that's about all you can do with rib injuries. Unlikely that he'll really need to play for 5 full weeks. I think we can win 2 out of GB/MIA/Buff minus McCourty. Of course that is assuming the worst, hopefully it is not that bad.

i dont think its going out to far on a limb to say that we can win the rest of the regular season games without McCourty.

If McCourty is injured, BB will rest him. He wants Devin back 100 percent in the playoffs.

Guys, calm down. It doesnt look like he will miss more than a week or two, if any time at all. Like Kontra said he was listed as questionable to return, if the Pats knew something was seriously wrong they would have announced him as doubtful. I think I saw Rap also say that McCourty seemed to play a few plays after he thinks the injury occurred.

I'm still trying to figure out how he hurt his ribs on the strip fumble that he caused. I keep watching the replay and it looks like he hurt the leg that the WR landed on more than anything - but I'm no doctor.

According to the report it happened when he fell... he could have been twisting from pulling the ball out and maybe landed on his chest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes