PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Herald and Agent in bed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you could make some of it up.

Like the part where Reiss beat anybody t the Stallworth story. Sorry, that was Michael Smith of ESPN.com... as Reiss clearly credits in his blog item about the Stallworth deal, saying "ESPN first reported the agreement, which has since been confirmed."

Oh, and the part where Reiss "clobbered" anybody on the Kelley Washington signing. The Palm Beach Post first reported that Washington was visiting the Patriots, after leaving Miami unsigned. A few days later, Adam Schefter of the NFL network reported contract details at the same time Reiss was just reporting a deal had been made.

Why does it seem like everybody on this site falls all over themselves to give Reiss every bit of credit they can? I mean, he was scooped by national guys, who cover 31 other teams, on both of these, and you credit him for getting a blog post up about it before the guys at the Herald? (And let's not even start on the Adalius Thomas deal, which was reported on in gradually greater detail by at least half a dozen reporters before Reiss.)

I respect Reiss for the time and dedication he puts into his very thorough and dependable blog, which is a valuable resource for Pats fans... but the guy doesn't break stories that he didn't learn in a press release from the Pats' media reps, which is why he's usually a bit behind the curve.
My point was that Reiss beat the Herald boys with the posting of his news. Nowhere did I say he was the first with the story.

The point being that his diligent monitoring of the team and stories about the team usually gets the story out first in regards to the media sources that I monitor. I don't have time or inclination to monitor national sources. Reiss does, and that's the point. In addition, as others have observed, he verifies before he'll post or report. Yeah, in the luck of the draw, sometimes the others may beat him to a story, but many times, and particularly with Moss, Reiss understands what's really going down. He knew, like many of us, that the deal was smoke, and he had the guts to report just that with no ego involved.

Oh, and as for analysis goes, it's hardly Reiss' strong suit... in fact, he really doesn't do all that much, leaving most of it to Borges.

Borges goes much more in depth, and has a much better understanding of the game... if it weren't for his ridiculous anti-Belichick agenda slanting everything he writes about the Pats, he'd actually be pretty good.

As for real good analysis, check out some of Breer's "Tale of the Tape" posts in the Herald blog. He details the things about the game that you can only see on the coaches' game film.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion, no matter how absurd and ill-formed it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back