PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bold FA Prediction - Patriots Sign Teddy Bridgewater

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll settle for drafting Chase Litton from The Herd. Groom him for 3 years and turns the reigns over.

I think at the end of the day, we will see a rookie taken in roughly the 3rd round, and another in the 6th or 7th round or signed as a UDFA. I think Bill drafted Brissett because he didn't want Jimmy G to get to settled in as the permanent backup and I expect him to repeat that pattern by bringing in TWO young talents to push each other.

I think this is a good idea. If you do not think much of Falk or Kauleta, this is a good idea.

BUT, I might look into Kaepernick first.

Kaepernick would last about 25 seconds here. Tebow was eccentric but at least he worked hard and kept his mouth shut for the most part. You'd have to surgically stitch Kaepernick's mouth closed to give him any chance here.

The judgmental hair-trigger media environment in Boston is the absolute worst case scenario as far as Kaepernick and his tendency to run his mouth about things he doesn't even begin to understand is concerned.

I think at the end of the day, we will see a rookie taken in roughly the 3rd round, and another in the 6th or 7th round or signed as a UDFA. I think Bill drafted Brissett because he didn't want Jimmy G to get to settled in as the permanent backup and I expect him to repeat that pattern by bringing in TWO young talents to push each other.
I agree with 2 QBs.

Brissett? Parcells swung and missed on him. He convinced BB to Draft him. Journeyman back up best case. One step up from Geno Smith. Lousy groceries Bill P.
DW Toys

How insightful. You continue to add tremendous value to discussions.
Yeah, ok, you tie your future to a QB with terrible mechanics and a career average 86 QB rating coming off a career threatening injury. Enjoy.

Kaepernick would last about 25 seconds here. Tebow was eccentric but at least he worked hard and kept his mouth shut for the most part. You'd have to surgically stitch Kaepernick's mouth closed to give him any chance here.

The judgmental hair-trigger media environment in Boston is the absolute worst case scenario as far as Kaepernick and his tendency to run his mouth about things he doesn't even begin to understand is concerned.

I know people hate Kaepernick. I don't. I think he can play. It's the reactionary fanbase that is against him.

I know people hate Kaepernick. I don't. I think he can play. It's the reactionary fanbase that is against him.

Kapernick is a 30 year old running QB. Why in the world would the Patriots want him? Even considering just the football case.

I agree with 2 QBs.

Brissett? Parcells swung and missed on him. He convinced BB to Draft him. Journeyman back up best case. One step up from Geno Smith. Lousy groceries Bill P.
DW Toys

Disagree with your assessment of Brissett Remember he stepped into a situation in Indianapolis where no one would expect anyone to make wins happen. This was a team that exposed and destroyed Andrew Luck, who was legitimately an excellent QB and potentially one of the best in the business. What chance did a second year QB who barely got his feet wet the previous year have? Brissett did well just to survive.

And he came within a few plays of salvaging at least 5-6 of the games he lost, which isn't too bad for a youngster on a terrible team with a lot to learn.

He's got some talent. Enough to win with a solid team around him. Geno Smith doesn't. Personally I think the kid's ceiling is somewhre in the Carson Palmer range -- not elite, but fully capable of a good year if things go well around him. If you're looking for a solid backup worth developing over the long term, Jacoby Brissett isn't a bad selection.

Kapernick is a 30 year old running QB. Why in the world would the Patriots want him? Even considering just the football case.

Are the Patriots married to a pocket passer?

McDaniels isn't. It's why he drafted Tebow.

30 years old?

So he has another 13 years to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case