PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bodden deal done - 4 years, $22M ($10M GTD) [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

Thank you!! You can't rebuild an entire defense in one year, it likely takes 2 or 3. Last year we bolstered our secondary, hopefully this year we improve the front 7. Resigning Wilfork, Bodden, TBC now allows us to focus on that. One day at a time.... let's not forget we have 4 day one picks

Agreed. I would like to see NE re-sign Burgess, Kevin Faulk and a veteran receiver like Reed or a TE like Crumpler just to round out the roster and then see BB actually use his draft picks on players this year.

Re: Lombardi: Pats have re-signed Bodden [Agent: "Rumors are premature at best"]

Exactly, which perfectly highlights why I said that it's not ideal- it won't be all set until the contract's signed. But for every case like that, there are many, many more where the agreement in principle is signed and officialized. It isn't a guarantee, but it's about as close as you're going to get until you actually get one.
Right. It is rare that an agreement in principle is not followed through. Your post about it not being set yet made me think of a time when it showed that nothing is real until the contract is signed. But yes, I agree, these things almost always work out.

Sign the damn contract already Bodden!

Sign the damn contract already Bodden!

Hopefully it will be signed by this afternoon. Schefter said he will re-sign.

get it done already!!! It is the afternoon in NEw England

get it done already!!! It is the afternoon in NEw England

ahaha, Barely.

John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, a long-time beat writer and a guy with great connections in Houston, is hosting an online chat right now and seems to be acting like Bodden is a done deal to NE:

Texans Chat

Do you by chance know whay Bodden was offered by the Texans?
11:37
John McClain: I haven't been able to confirm this, so I haven't written it, but since you asked, I heard an average of almost 5 per year, a little more than they got Walter for. Once he signs with the Patriots, numbers will start to come out.

Re: Rappaport: No Deal for Bodden

Nice reporting by Rappaport. He may be wrong, but I like seeing him work hard and trying to get the story accurate.

30 Rock reruns...LOL.

I have a feeling the longer this thing draws out the worse the situation could get.

I have a feeling the longer this thing draws out the worse the situation could get.

Ah good, the doom and gloomers are back. I missed you. Houston by all reports have pulled out of the race. Sounds like it is only a matter of time to make it official.

When Bodden wasn't signed when free agency started, people complained that Bodden was gone and there is no way he is coming back and the Pats should have given him a few extra million to seal the deal. Now it looks like Bodden's market is around where the Pats thought it was and teams are dropping out of the race and most people are reporting the deal is done and people are still complaining that it may fall apart.

Didn't the Herald also try to say Bodden was 'ready to move on and about to sign with Houston'? I believe Shefter

This is the same thing we heard yesterday. Nothing new there.
Same with Rapaport, he said there's no deal but that doesn't mean there isn't a deal in principle that just needs to be finalized. That's the same as yesterday also.

If I were a betting man, the agent pulled Bodden out of Houston, then floated the Pats rumor to work Houston into a frenzy. Last year Bodden took only a 1 year deal in order to prove that he deserves to get paid NOW. Texas...no state tax...that is money in the bank. They are playing the game...

Ah good, the doom and gloomers are back. I missed you. Houston by all reports have pulled out of the race. Sounds like it is only a matter of time to make it official.

When Bodden wasn't signed when free agency started, people complained that Bodden was gone and there is no way he is coming back and the Pats should have given him a few extra million to seal the deal. Now it looks like Bodden's market is around where the Pats thought it was and teams are dropping out of the race and most people are reporting the deal is done and people are still complaining that it may fall apart.

STFU man seriously pull that stick out your ass, Id rather sound like a doom and gloomer rather then an internet **** talker. No need to attack somebody who has an opinion whether you agree or disagree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents