PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BOB gets an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot woot!!!!

lucky us......lets hope d-watson stays healthy

h-town in the house

lets go patriots!!!!!!........meh, titans stink.....easy game

Bob is overrated I would have given him one more year a prove it deal.

Texans ownership smarter than i thought

i expect in ~2 years texans will be the #2 team in the AFC (after us of course)

can you picture it in 2 years? Brady and BB really nearing the end, and the upcoming best teams in the AFC/NFL are led by former disciples Josh, Matt and Bob

BOB is a good coach with buzzard's luck down there with Qbs and a crappy GM.

Not totally sure about over rated. Talk about a team that has been consistently decimated by injuries.

But I agree, a one year deal would've been better
Hopefully he has a year where his stars stay relitevly healthy.

Good for him. He deserves it.

I definitely think, given how the team was playing with Watson under center, you give him 2 more seasons before giving him the boot. They were starting to really come on strong.

Not totally sure about over rated. Talk about a team that has been consistently decimated by injuries.

But I agree, a one year deal would've been better
Hopefully he has a year where his stars stay relitevly healthy.

can't disagree more. IMO History shows that owners who have been more patient with coaches who have a solid strategy, character, and skills; but a little bad luck or just more time to implement.. . end up winning championships. Owners who string guys out or cycle through flavor of the month every 2-3 years don't do so well.

A 1-year deal tells every player with a multiyear deal they can ignore him, distracts the HC with thinking about his next job or other what ifs, tells the rest of the league to talk to the coaches agent, and at the end of the day is pointless.

You can still fire the guy after 1 year even if you gave him a 5-year deal. Sure the owner might have to pay the guaranteed part of salary, but they can legally structure some protections and THERE IS NO COACH CAP. So, so what if you pay a couple mil to a coach who ain't there anymore. The 32 blow more on other useless tits on boar hogs (Gotohell) than you can shake a stick at. So what was the benefit of one year?

O'Brien's proven himself to be a very good coach, and the rumors are that he would have left if he hadn't gotten what he wanted. In other words, you would have done nothing of the kind, or you would have been looking for a new head coach.

O'Brien got 4 more years and his choice selected as GM. The power struggle between he and Smith is over, and he won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back