PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blount pace to rush for most yards by a Patriot RB since 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
He's on pace for a 1,283 yard season, which is more than Ridley's big season a few years ago.

Most by a Patriot RB since Corey Dillon and the 3rd most since 1990 (Curtis Martin being the other)

Wow!

Blount has been tremendous!!!

And as if that wasn't enough, we have ANOTHER back who's on pace for career highs in both rushing yardage AND highest YPC in a season!!!

200x200px-ZC-66def6ac_tom-brady-peace-sign-o.gif

...oh, and he's faster too... 3/10's of a second!!! ;)

Lets hope that LeGere Blount doesn't run out of that PED masking agent.:p:D Seriously Blount has run so Good this year I am speechless I don't even worry about his negative yards anymore because once he hits the hole he just explodes through it. With a Healthy Shifty Lewis and the Hammer Blount we have an Offense that is built for the Playoffs bad weather and all...Good luck NFL Defenses.:cool:

Was at the game on Sunday and couldn't believe how fast he looked. Sure it may take him an extra step to get going, but if the Oline continues to play well and give him a little space he is dangerous. D Lew also looked good, making some nice cuts in the bad weather, must have some confidence in that knee

He has been incredible this season and is super important to the team with a struggling D. I am so thankful we re-signed him in the off season. He looks like a completely different back. He looks faster and even more nimble. Kudos to LG!

He has been incredible this season and is super important to the team with a struggling D. I am so thankful we re-signed him in the off season. He looks like a completely different back. He looks faster and even more nimble. Kudos to LG!
The D is strong.

Not to mention the scoring. Even without a TD the other day he's still on pace to pass CD and Martin's 14 TD seasons.

right now we have a three headed monster at RB with blount/lewis/white. pretty excited to see what mcdaniels can do with all 3

I think it's also worth noting that he has his most yards in a season as a Patriot already. He has 802 and his previous record was 772 in 2013.

Not to mention the scoring. Even without a TD the other day he's still on pace to pass CD and Martin's 14 TD seasons.

He had a monster day... and a helluva TD run called back.

Blount is no Corey Dillon-not many are-Dillon is an alltime great rb in the nfl. That being said, he has been huge this season. Or not so huge-as in he dropped some pounds. The lost fat has made him noticeably quicker and faster and could have the added benefit of increasing his stamina so he can still bring it in the playoffs. One other factor-devlin makes a big difference with him. I dont know what the stats are with blount with and without devlin-but it has always looked like he runs better with devlin plowing ahead-saw that several times last sunday. This offense could be at full strength for the 1st time in years-come playoff time. The depth is astounding at rb, wr and te. The opposite of the D-which despite all the crying has produced good results-but is dangerously lacking at depth at a bunch of key positions de, ilb,olb and dt. I love blounts attitude as well. You can tell he enjoys being a Patriot.

His running and cuts are so deceiving. It looks like he's running in slow motion or a step slow from hitting hole but I think with him losing weight and being more on point and focused with D Lewis being out half this season motivated him and it's paying off in dividends.

Blount looked like a walking corpse last season and the beginning of preseason. Either he saw the writing on the wall or someone on the coaching staff lit a fire under his ass to kick it up a gear. He looks like a completely different player out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down