PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blake Bortles considering offers from Many teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who answers “Yes!” to that question also says:

“I hope this ice cream shop has vanilla!”
“That enema was quite refreshing!”
“Can you think of anything more exciting than being quarantined in your home?!”
“Oooohh, they’re showing The Godfather Part 3 on HBO right now!”
“This burlap thong is quite comfortable!”
Ma
Lmao at Godfather 3

So it has come to this... no thanks pick 6 Bortles.

The person who answers “Yes!” to that question also says:

“I hope this ice cream shop has vanilla!”
“That enema was quite refreshing!”
“Can you think of anything more exciting than being quarantined in your home?!”
“Oooohh, they’re showing The Godfather Part 3 on HBO right now!”
“This burlap thong is quite comfortable!”

Don't talk **** on vanilla or enemas

I don't think that's an accurate distinction of the split, because I think the Brady thing breaks that. But that's just my take.

I think a more interesting split is going to be by age. Those who only know the Brady era are probably going to be in for a shock. The days of "That team sucks" comments being about every team except the Patriots are gone.
Started watching in 07. Honestly, this feeling is new to me. I wouldn't call it fear, but maybe uncertainty? I want to convince myself NE wins 11 games. Not because I am spoiled, but programmed to know only success. I will stay a fan, but I'm 27. I might have seen my last superbowl.

The over reactions this year will be the story more than the play of the team.
Will show who truly loves the team and the game and who just enjoyed the winning.

With COVID19 in full force there might be no reactions Period! :oops:

Not surprisingly the Patriots are one of the teams supposedly in talks with Blake Bortles but the Rams do want him back.
Interesting tidbit is Patriots coach Jedd Finch was his OC in Jacksonville.
However I would bet he resigns with the Rams.
Thoughts would you be happy with Stidham Bortles and Kessler?
I’d be happy with Stid and bring in another vet for backup....Kessler May be ok in that role...just don’t know much about him

Started watching in 07. Honestly, this feeling is new to me. I wouldn't call it fear, but maybe uncertainty? I want to convince myself NE wins 11 games. Not because I am spoiled, but programmed to know only success. I will stay a fan, but I'm 27. I might have seen my last superbowl.

upload_2020-3-18_22-2-44.gif

Who says millennials are soft?

No....unless he is replacing Kessler.

it's stidham and hoyer now bro. Bring the H man back and move BB's parking spot 2 ****ing miles away.

Just say no! And please no more bortles threads. That guy is a bad joke and could not win at a division 3 college school!

let the jets stick it to us by signing him!

Can’t say “happy” is the best word to describe it. Happy would be having a 29 year old TB still at QB. But, time doesn’t stand still. How long will it take for the front runner arrogance to wear off for many here if it ever does.

The OP is not sourced, but I would not be the least surprised if the Pats were talking with Bortles about signing to compete with Stidham in TC with the winner getting the unenviable task of immediately replacing Tom Brady as QB of the NEP. Cut the “he sucks” nonsense. I seem to remember Bortles going into Heinz Field and going blow for blow with Big Ben, LeVeon and AB and emerging victorious before leading the next week in Gillette with a SB on the line when Tom Brady went unconscious in the 4th quarter as was his norm with a game and championship to win.

Coaching and systems matter. I’m not a blind “in Bill I trust guy”, but he is the smartest guy in every NFL room he graces. We’ve watched for 20 years his coaching and his system turn other team’s castoffs into productive, champion caliber Patriots at every position. Should we not have a scintilla of faith he might be able to do the same with the QB position?

Buck up buttercups! This is the new norm. We can’t turn back the clock to Brady’s youth. This team is not going to be bad enough to draft Trevor Lawrence and packaging all are 6 and 7 round draft picks with our first is not gonna get us high enough to draft Tua. Our only chance is for a HC and OC who between them have 14 SB rings to find something in some QB that no other coach to date have been able to find. That QB won’t be the GOAT, but he might, I say he might, be good enough to win a division, a conference and a championship someday.

Short Term Pain for Long Term Pain. Tank4Trevor

Just say no! And please no more bortles threads. That guy is a bad joke and could not win at a division 3 college school!
Wikipedia disagrees:

"In 2013, Bortles led the Knights to the inaugural championship of the American Athletic Conference, earning the league's automatic berth to a BCS bowl, the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl. Passing for 301 yards and rushing for 93 yards and four touchdowns, Bortles led UCF to an upset of fifth-ranked Baylor, 52–42. Bortles was named the Offensive MVP of the game, which was UCF's first major bowl win in school history."

And God help me... I would be OK with Blake Bortles as a backup/competition with Stidham. He'd likely come cheap, he's got some raw ability, and I think there's a non-zero chance that we could coach him up and put him in situations and schemes that would mask some of his deficiencies.

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!

No.

And upon thoughtful, deep, reconsideration? NO!

Not surprisingly the Patriots are one of the teams supposedly in talks with Blake Bortles but the Rams do want him back.
Interesting tidbit is Patriots coach Jedd Finch was his OC in Jacksonville.
However I would bet he resigns with the Rams.
Thoughts would you be happy with Stidham Bortles and Kessler?
Whatever BB decides. Remember---TRADE FOR TREVOR

Bruh... We went from TB12 to possibly having to consider Blake mother effing Bortles. Tear it down. Tear it all down...
Couldn’t agree more. With the uncertainty of the NFL season even being played, a total rebuild couldn’t come at a better time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes