PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Vinovich named to referee this year's Super Bowl

Remember - Vinovich most likely made none of these calls but was the one to deliver them. The supporting cast of ref's saw the play and threw the flag and those people will be changing for the SB.

Yea that's what I was thinking. As long as it's not the same supporting cast.

He was incompetent with more than one DPI, also when Brady was poked in the eye. He also didn't handle our ineligible receivers well from neutral fans perspective. Obviously he should have given Ravens some time after annoucement of ineligible receiver, few seconds I mean. If that had happened to our team we would be furious.
Hey I was at the game and I heard him announce the "ineligible receivers" named Vereen and I think Hoo-man, and I had time to wonder in my seat (just like the Ravens on the field), "What the heck are the Pats doing now? Isn't that Vereen's number? Hmmm, I never heard of a back or TE being called, 'ineligible'" There was plenty of time to ponder what was happening. The difference is I am a (rabid but not a rulebook studier) fan and John Harbaugh, his assistants and his players are highly paid professionals who are supposed to know the rule book. It has since come out as BS that no one has ever done this before. If that happened to our team I would be furious with the players and the coaches who did not know the rules and/or were not prepared and instead of calling time out, ran onto the field and got a 15 yarder, setting the other team up for an easy TD in a highly contested game.

The calls tend to even out as BB says. Heck, if we are lucky enough to make it to the SB and Seattle makes it too, a PI wacky crew might help us as the Seahawks have a very aggressive secondary. The refs are the last thing to worry about at this juncture.

1. Boger was the referee 2 years ago for ravens/49ers. Not last year. Seahawks/broncos was terry mccauly

2. Don't let one questionable DPI vs the ravens fool you. Vinovich was absolutely one of the better referees this year in the regular season, which is what they are graded on to qualify I believe

It sounds like he is the Peyton Manning of officiating.

He was incompetent with more than one DPI, also when Brady was poked in the eye. He also didn't handle our ineligible receivers well from neutral fans perspective. Obviously he should have given Ravens some time after annoucement of ineligible receiver, few seconds I mean. If that had happened to our team we would be furious.
And to all those beating the "never seen before" drum...
http://www.businessinsider.com/bill-belichick-new-formation-another-nfl-team-2015-1

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back