PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Simmons Nails It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, screw that. Door #2 without a doubt. If this were 2000 or something, maybe #1, but, call me spoiled - and I love all these championships - but I've had a number of championships as a fan in the last few years. Had one a couple weeks ago. I'd choose #2 even if it were 50-50. The Patriots going undefeated, Belichick and Goodell sharing the stage after the Super Bowl, all while the national sports punditry wails and gnashes their teeth constantly about the injustice of it all ... nothing could ever top that.

I seriously never thought a Boston sports story/moment could top the Yanks-Sox series in '04, but this Patriots season is like a freaking Shakespeare play. It's awesome in the literal sense of the world, inspiring awe.

Thinking only Super Bowl now is to miss the grandeur of it all.

There's nothing a Pats fan ridicules more than a cowardly Colts fan posting on a Pats message board pretending to be a Pats fan. There's a word in prisons for people like you.....

"boyfriend"

owww, this guy says it best doesnt he?

No one tells it like it is like Simmons.....................He's the man

colts_uniforms_new1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Door 2 baby! LOL. Nice article. My brain tells me door #1, while my balls are screaming to kick in door #2.
box2.gif

The other poster is right. All you guys whine like little *****es. Ohhhh, the refs. Ohhhh, the crowd is too loud. Waaaaaaa! Waaaaaa!

lol, so hilarious. Not sure if there has ever been a team in history that has benifitted more from ridiculous call/non-calls then the Pats during their Superbowl runs. Now the tables have turned, and you guys can't take it. All you said before was "give us credit, we wer just better." Now you can't do the same.

I pray that we get the Pats again in the playoffs. Facts are: Indy left about 17 points on the field. The game shouldn't have been even close. We are a built for the bad weather, not the bad running game of the pats, and their exposed defense. With a healthy team, we will dominate the Pats in the playoffs. Your old defense will be tired from not resting trying to go undefeated. The Colts are one of the youngest teams, and will be fresh.

Can't wait. I just hope you guys are healthy so you won't have any excuses.

Dude you have no idea how lucky the Colts were that we didn't open up our offense early like we did late when we went no-huddle and lit you up for 14 quick points. We held back in the first half and played, very, very conservative, we saw the defense game plan you put out there with all your DB's and pulled back on the throttle. You saw what happened when we decided to start the aerial assualt. We won't be so nice next time, I guarantee you that.

Also, do you honestly think you can win an AFCCG game in Foxboro? You'll not only needs the refs again, you might need some help from King Kong. There is no chance you win that game in January, none..........

Simmons:

There's a lingering hope out there that the Patriots will eventually get what they deserve -- that the Karma Gods will bite them in the collective arse --

The Karma Gods are already biting. What the rest of the league fails to realize, however: it is they who are the target. Funny thing about the Karma Gods: They don't care about popular opinion. They only care about righting an injustice.

The Pats are the ones who have been unjustly treated this season: by the Commissioner's Office, the Media, the fans and rest of the NFL.

Yup, the Karma Gods are definitely here. Let's enjoy every minute of it!!! :rocker:

The other poster is right. All you guys whine like little *****es. Ohhhh, the refs. Ohhhh, the crowd is too loud. Waaaaaaa! Waaaaaa!

lol, so hilarious. Not sure if there has ever been a team in history that has benifitted more from ridiculous call/non-calls then the Pats during their Superbowl runs. Now the tables have turned, and you guys can't take it. All you said before was "give us credit, we wer just better." Now you can't do the same.

I pray that we get the Pats again in the playoffs. Facts are: Indy left about 17 points on the field. The game shouldn't have been even close. We are a built for the bad weather, not the bad running game of the pats, and their exposed defense. With a healthy team, we will dominate the Pats in the playoffs. Your old defense will be tired from not resting trying to go undefeated. The Colts are one of the youngest teams, and will be fresh.

Can't wait. I just hope you guys are healthy so you won't have any excuses.

Our old defense? Remind me again which guys were gassed in the 4th quarter last week? They didn't even have the flu to blame.

I think we actually have a better chance in the cold in foxboro. You guys now have turf, so you can't grow out the grass, and water the field like you did before. No more cheating with that.

We are built for the cold and snow. You guys are like we were back in '04. Finesse. We punched Tom Brady in the mouth right off the bat. You guys tried to go downfield. You guys tried, and it didn't work for 3 quarters. If either Reggie Wayne or Gonzo make one catch it would've been game over. You got lucky.

Face it.

You know what's funny? I can take all of the Colts points off the board, just watch:

BS PI on Samuel

BS PI on Hobbs

Blatant block int he back on Addais run

Colvin brutally held on Mannings 15 yard pass to Clark

So, dip****, it is the Colts that got lucky that the Patriots played the sloppiest they have all season for 3 quarters AND had the refs in their damn pocket. You can say we whine all you want but it's clear as day to anyone who isn't an Indy fan (and even some Indy fans that I've spoken with) that you guys got a ton of calls in that game go your way. You are the defending champs and you couldn't finish off a team at home up 10 with 9 minutes to go in the 4th, how embarrassing for you.

IndyJoe I can almost taste the salt of your tears,tell you what bro head back to Indystar if you know whats good for you.

Your team choked and lost to a superior team, its ok man let it out. No refs, pumped in crowd noise or jacked up heat could stop the Pats last weekend.

/kleenex

I think we actually have a better chance in the cold in foxboro. You guys now have turf, so you can't grow out the grass, and water the field like you did before. No more cheating with that.

We are built for the cold and snow. You guys are like we were back in '04. Finesse. We punched Tom Brady in the mouth right off the bat. You guys tried to go downfield. You guys tried, and it didn't work for 3 quarters. If either Reggie Wayne or Gonzo make one catch it would've been game over. You got lucky.

Face it.

Rewatch the game, we DID NOT try to go down field in the first half, I was telling all my buddies at half time that I was ticked off that we didn't try to go down field and that we need to do that in the 2cond half.

The refs honestly gave you a 10-17 pt swing. The bogus call on Hobbs literally handed you 3pts. The bogus non-call on Faulk on that key third down play, forced us to punt instead of continuing our drive WHILE IN COLT TERRITORY. Another 7pts was stolen on that PHANTOM MOSS PI, the guy is simply going up for the football and out comes a flag. It was as corrupt an officiated game I've ever seen in my life to the point that articles are still being written about it.

Give that game fair officating, Pats win easily by 17pts..........

We went away from the running game, and couldn't get our guys off the field.

We were running all over your defense. I think Joseph had more yards then your entire team. We won't make the same mistake in the cold in the playoffs.

Yeah because Addai was tired out, that was the freakin gameplan, stupid. Why the hell do you think they were in Nickel all game? Also, Addai had over a hundred yards less than the Pats as a team and the Pats outgained the Colts for the game, do some research.

We were running all over your defense. I think Joseph had more yards then your entire team. We won't make the same mistake in the cold in the playoffs.

NEWS TO JOE, that was our game plan bro, we played a 4-2-5 the entire 1st half, THAT DEFENSE WAS DESIGNED TO GIVE UP THE RUN, THAT'S WHAT WE WANTED YOU TO DO. HOW DID CLARK DO ? EXACTLY.......We took Clark him out of the game.

We are built for the cold and snow. You guys are like we were back in '04. Finesse.

Have you seen the Indy injury report from playing this finesse team? The refs handed it to Indy on a silver platter and they weren’t good enough at home to take it.

So, let me get this straight: the Colts are built for the cold now? :rofl:

Oh geez, you're right..can you post those stats for me to marvel at, particularly the second half ones where he excelled. You know, because he's so young and our old defense couldn't stop him.

All you said before was "give us credit, we wer just better." Now you can't do the same.

Um, the Pats were better in the game, that's why they won. What exactly should the Colts be given credit for? "Whining" would be if the Patriots had lost that game. They didn't, they won on the road in a hostile atmosphere with bad officiating. They were definitely the better team, no one doubts that, believe me.

Facts are: Indy left about 17 points on the field. The game shouldn't have been even close. We are a built for the bad weather, not the bad running game of the pats, and their exposed defense. With a healthy team, we will dominate the Pats in the playoffs. Your old defense will be tired from not resting trying to go undefeated. The Colts are one of the youngest teams, and will be fresh.

Now who's not giving who credit? Injury excuse? I'm sure you were rushing to discount the Colts championship game because of the Patriot injuries.

Yup, definitely Door Number 2.

All your "calls" amounted to 3 points. There wasn't a non call on Addai's run, that block actually almost resulted in a tackle. It helped your guy.

I think it was the Colts that actually were screwed by the poor officiating. Moss pushing off on his TD. The Pats tackling Mathis on the big throw to Moss. Faulk throwing a forearm to get free.

I'm actually at a loss for words. I'd have to go back in time to the fourth grade to get back to the intellectual level where I'd have the ability to both grasp this and counter it with an argument that would be understood.

much more then your team is now.

sorry to inform you. obv, you haven't been paying attention.

Tell me again how a team that plays in the cold isn't built for the cold like a dome team? And before you say it, while you are digging up all of Addai's brilliant stats from last week, grab me the rushing yards on the season for NE and the Dolts.

much more then your team is now.

sorry to inform you. obv, you haven't been paying attention.

Let me see: a small, speedy defense, a finesse back, receivers who depend on perfect timing routes, and a QB who routinely saves his worst games for a) the playoffs, and b) the cold...

vs.

A team that has played well in the cold for a long time.

Yep, I'm convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore