PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Polian is Buffalo Bills new team President

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Per Jason LaCanfora:

Bill Polian will be taking over as Bills team president/football czar but move may not be announced til late Jan, due to his commitments

Last edited:
Explains why Marrone opted out! you never want to be the coach that the GM didn't hire!!!

ask Rex how that works out for you

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ill-polian-turns-down-role-with-buffalo-bills

Polian, the former Colts general manager, informed Bills owner Terry Pegula that he will remain at ESPN for 2015 and beyond, per NFL Media columnist Michael Silver. ESPN's Chris Mortensen first reported the news.

Buffalo never extended a formal offer to Polian, but the sidesspoke over the holidays about a mentoring/advisory role with the organization, per Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News.

Carry on, Patri-OTS fans.

Not that I care about the Bills because I don't but to take the to a winning record 9-7 after the years they have had and then lose the QB and now the coach leaves speaks of poor management and ownership. The way I see it good for the Pats..

I heard Polian say this to a reporter during some NFLN show. It just goes to show what a lying crapweasel he is. It'd be interesting to see what sort of clause FESPN has in their contract whereby they might gouge him monetarily, or even prevent him from going somewhere else while his contract is still active.

Either way, Buffalo deserves the likes of him. He'll keep them in the lower 1/3rd of the NFL ranking for another decade.

Why would Polian leave a cushy ESPN job that does not require long hours, to work in a town like Buffalo. Team "presidents" require a high level of focus, time commitment and knowledge, while ESPN commentators never mispeak, make a bad draft choice and are all viewed as football authorities..

Why work, when you can wallow in the pig trough??.. ESPN probably pays better also.

I, for one, am glad he's not going to be in our division. I don't know who's seeing lower third of the league records on his resume. I see three Super Bowls with Buffalo, a 12-4 season with Carolina and a perennial winner in the Colts surpassed only by our record in recent times. Is there someone else named Polian?

I don't see him going to the Hall of Fame this year, unless they are having trouble keeping kids off the lawn, then he would serve a useful purpose.

Are the Bills on the competition committee? If not, then all is well.

There's one thing about that committee that has always bothered me. Bill Belichick or another representative from the Pats have no interest in taking part. IMHO, the Pats would be better served if they had a voice on that committee. For a HC who believes in leaving no stone left un-turned, this is a huge boulder that needs to be rolled over.

As it stands now, there are nine members of the committee and five are reps from NFC teams (Atl, SL, Dal, NYG & GB). Of the four reps from AFC teams three are from the same division (Bal, Cincy and Pitt) along with Houston. Does anyone doubt that if a question comes up on that committee the AFCN will have the edge?

Since I see Jeff Fisher on the committee again, I will assume that a person can take time away from the game and still get a seat on that committee if they so choose. That leads me to believe that Polian could end up there again. Ugh.

There's one thing about that committee that has always bothered me. Bill Belichick or another representative from the Pats have no interest in taking part. IMHO, the Pats would be better served if they had a voice on that committee. For a HC who believes in leaving no stone left un-turned, this is a huge boulder that needs to be rolled over.

As it stands now, there are nine members of the committee and five are reps from NFC teams (Atl, SL, Dal, NYG & GB). Of the four reps from AFC teams three are from the same division (Bal, Cincy and Pitt) along with Houston. Does anyone doubt that if a question comes up on that committee the AFCN will have the edge?

Since I see Jeff Fisher on the committee again, I will assume that a person can take time away from the game and still get a seat on that committee if they so choose. That leads me to believe that Polian could end up there again. Ugh.
Yeah, first new Polian rule will be: any player with a last name ending in "ski" cannot catch an offensive pass.

There shouldn't be a committee. I think why BB and others don't want to beon it is, it is mostly a waste of time for people who like to have social meetings all the time. The fact they would also do actual work is the problem. guys like Shula would still be politicking and trying to change rules whether there was a committee or not. I don't know if there is a modern equivalent to him.

Well I had nothing against the bills all these years...now I really can't say that anymore

Guess I won't need to feel sorry for them anymore

If I remember correctly he left the Colts with nothing his last few years.
Some pretty bad drafts.

Those drafts were piss poor, but they look like A+ drafts when compared to drafting E.J. Manuel in the first round.

There shouldn't be a committee. I think why BB and others don't want to beon it is, it is mostly a waste of time for people who like to have social meetings all the time. The fact they would also do actual work is the problem. guys like Shula would still be politicking and trying to change rules whether there was a committee or not. I don't know if there is a modern equivalent to him.

I think Polian operates the same as Shula did back in his day. The only difference is that Polian doesn't coach.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back