PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick opens up... (press conference question re: punting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He seems to mention everyone but Mesko, who crashed out of the league after we released him. I wonder why he kept Mesko for 4 years, rookie contract I guess. Glad we found Allen.

I wonder if at this point he gives answers to special teams questions just to further annoy the local media. :D

Or maybe he sees a few of the local guys staring at their watches trying to get out a bit early, so he decides to keep rolling on and on to troll them.

I don't know, but he's the best.

He seems to mention everyone but Mesko, who crashed out of the league after we released him. I wonder why he kept Mesko for 4 years, rookie contract I guess. Glad we found Allen.
I don't think that was intentional with Zoltan.

In the same interview he rattled off his entire staff in CLE - including scouting except for one person.

A thread to bookmark and reread for the crowd early in the season who were bashing Ryan Allen because some meaningless stats was telling them to.

You know who you are folks..

Mesko’s cut was a major surprise because he was one of the top punters for the two or three seasons he was with the Pats. His punts were the best I've seen for distance and hang time. He could also make the ball come down at weird angles which made it hard to track. Would love to know the back story on him.

Last edited:
I hope he never retires but if he does I hope he writes a book.
I'd like to see a series of books and lectures (for his charity) covering different periods in the game as it has evolved. I don't think that's asking too much.

I'd like to see a series of books and lectures (for his charity) covering different periods in the game as it has evolved. I don't think that's asking too much.
I think that would be remarkable. And an absolute goldmine for the charity

A thread to bookmark and reread for the crowd early in the season who were bashing Ryan Allen because some meaningless stats was telling them to.

You know who you are folks..
Not sure who they are but Allen is exceptionally good in my mind. His accuracy inside the 20 is ridiculous. His distance and hang time isnt bad either.

My memory of Zoltan was that he was quite good with us. When we got Allen it was defintely an upgrade. But suprised that Zoltan never stuck anywhere.
Seemed like a hell of a guy too.

In the running for coolest Patriots first name along with Barkevious and Earth wind.

Mesko’s cut was a major surprise because he was one of the top punters for the two or three seasons he was with the Pats. His punts were the best I've seen for distance and hang time. He could also make the ball come down at weird angles which made it hard to track. Would love to know the back story on him.

If he was that good, how come he crashed out of the league when he cut him.

Another stupid ...

... cliffhanger thread title. :mad:

My memory of Zoltan was that he was quite good with us. When we got Allen it was defintely an upgrade. But suprised that Zoltan never stuck anywhere.
Seemed like a hell of a guy too.
Yep. Smart too and trying to make a difference.

About

IIRC during the offseason Mesko interned with some high-flying Wall Street investment bank or brokerage. Just guessing but he may have decided running a hedge fund offered a better combination of security and compensation.

You found my point.

He had a good first two years, and a garbage third year, and he was cut. Both Cincinnati and Pittsburgh cut him after that.

That's the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back