PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick appreciation thread

A 2 year turnaround is fantastic. We may not be an elite team but we're a playoff contender again after only one year of being really a noncontender.

He's really done some impressive work as a GM in the last 24 months. as a GM alone Bill is in the upper echelon of league executives. Throw in his incredible accomplishments on the field and there is no way he's not in Canton the moment he asks to be.

I've said this many times before but I have a sneaking suspicion that as the physical toll of being a head coach gets to be too much for him, Bill might kick himself upstairs to be a GM and advisor, and let his son/McD/a younger HC who'll listen to him handle the operations on the field and/or the more physical side of coaching.

Still the GOAT.

This team is the class of the AFC.
This is pretty good. That’s one of their opponents saying that.

“I talked to a couple people who played against them this morning about this,” Breer said. “I think the best way to put it … it’s a very well-conceived team. I’m gonna give you guys a direct quote from someone from this morning. ‘We saw them as the best-coached team we’ve seen since we got here. They do everything correct. They do everything disciplined. They have the perfect guys for it. They know exactly how they want to use them and where they want to use them. And everything is done perfectly. It’s a master-level class in coaching.’ “

NFL Rumors: Opposing Teams In Awe Of Patriots, 'Master-Level' Coaching

Pats finish their season 4-1 or better and I think Bill could get CoTY votes.

Still the GOAT.

This team is the class of the AFC.
Oh please. Belichick is extremely overrated, he’s a sub-.500 coach when he doesn’t have Tom Brady, Mac Jones, Matt Cassel, or Jimmy Garoppolo as his QB. Can’t win unless he has a winning QB. Give me Rex Ryan or Jeff Fisher any day of the week.

Never figured Nick Wright to be a card carrying member of Team Bill :D

Zero repercussions for Nick Wright dissing Bill for the last year or more. When he says people need to revisit their takes he should suggest himself first and foremost.

Can’t recognize a rebuild, has no clue about salary cap… shouldn’t be discussing football at all. Why we listen to nerds with zero athletic history and whose only credentials are their degree in broadcast journalism is beyond me. Who gives these guys the microphone?

Some things never change. Loved the commentary during the Sunday Ticket postgame show pointing out how Mac and even all the off-season free agent pickups are like “good win over a good opponent, but we have lots of things to work on, room for improvement, need to get to work.”

Some things never change. Loved the commentary during the Sunday Ticket postgame show pointing out how Mac and even all the off-season free agent pickups are like “good win over a good opponent, but we have lots of things to work on, room for improvement, need to get to work.”

thats among the reasons hes the goat. If this were a mike tomlin team youd hear them all talk about rolling out the red carpet for their sb entrance

Bill built the 2021 team mostly with players no one saw being this dominant. I’m pretty shocked and can admit I didn’t see a lot of the talent, which is emerging now as players gel and figure out where they fit in.

People cite the 2001 team a lot, but this team reminds me a lot of the 2010 team. They hit their peak around the same time and were blowing everyone out, completely steamrolling them. That team also had a lot of players whose value we didn’t yet realize, and they were coming off a disappointing 2009 campaign. It was another case of “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”

Hopefully this team will have better postseason success, but that 2010 team also laid the foundation for 8 consecutive conference championship appearances

Has one 7-9 rebuild. People revolt. Weird.
The problem is that BB does not conform and does not treat the press or the establishment with any pretense of respect. Treating the press like they are sub human for years motivated the revolution. Most fans live in the moment and went along with the revolt because their team was not in the super bowl and TB12 was there. Maybe Chill Bill will evolve to the point where people can appreciate the team.

The problem is that BB does not conform and does not treat the press or the establishment with any pretense of respect. Treating the press like they are sub human for years motivated the revolution. Most fans live in the moment and went along with the revolt because their team was not in the super bowl and TB12 was there. Maybe Chill Bill will evolve to the point where people can appreciate the team.
I love Surly Bill. He does respect some members of the media. He cannot tolerate stupid questions.

It’s 2021, the height of incompetent coaching in the league. And BB is the King.

And to add :

Tony Dungy, author of SOOO many disappointments, is a darling (despite the dark side no one cares to explore) and is universally heralded despite his failures and measly ONE SB (I know, one is amazing, but when you speak of all timers….)

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back