PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

biggest problem with the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically, the competition committee has swallowed one of their own, with the head, Mike Holmgren, victimized by his own stupid points of emphasis in the superbowl. These morons are creating a Frankenstein monster by constantly revising all these rules. Nobody is safe when the officials look everywhere for every possible infraction, because every play starts to look like a possible penalty. The refs are being scolded for 'no-calls', but not for 'blown calls'. Do you think anyone had a word with the refs for screwing up the NE-Broncos game? No chance! But if they miss an illegal contact six yards from the line of scrimmage in a Colts game, it's a different story. Why wasn't that called?

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I have always thought that the first round rookies should make somewhat more than second round picks, just enough to keep them from wanting to play in Canada. I think that bad teams with top picks each year are getting further and further in the hole by signing giant deals with unproven players.
Why not make rookies start at the bottom? Reggie Bush would never make $200,000 a year at his first regular job out of college, even if he was the best student in the country. It doesn't work that way in the real world.
To me, the rookies should be slotted automatically into an exact salary range, with a choice of 3-5 year deals as the biggest negotiating factor. You would never need a 'superagent' like Tom Condon, who stuck the 49ers with the Alex Smith deal (provided Smith is the bust he seems to be).
Your big paycheck would be your second contract, the one you have earned based on true ability and production, not combine numbers.

Also, I think the officials need to be full time, young and not influenced by the sham 'competition comittee'. And there is no excuse for not having cameras all over the field and the use of modern technology in spotting the ball, goal line, ect. People need to get fired after a certain amount of bad calls, as well.
Those are teh 3 points that I feel are the biggest...definitely the refs draw the most scrutiny...and adding technology and making them full time is a MUST!! Make them work the offseason making calls and preparing for the season!! Ot's a real joke they don't have full time officials!! I agree about rookie salaries, but again, it's to me the top tired rookies..1st two rounds or so...angle that scale down a bit..give more to later round picks. Good points!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes