PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC & MWPF Patriot Big Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I think between both of us, if you combine these, it's actually a pretty good representation of what you might see on Pats board.

Again I'm sorry Ian I didn't see the other thread. W/e u wanna do.

Last edited:

I think most of would have figured the 2nd round was taboo. Perhaps just for WR/CB positions and/or they had our biggest expectation which led to our biggest disappointments (crash and burn picks).

I think most of would have figured the 2nd round was taboo. Perhaps just for WR/CB positions and/or they had our biggest expectation which led to our biggest disappointments (crash and burn picks).
Yea 2 & 3 are interesting for us. WR in general has been a nightmare in terms of picks.

Lately Ive really been thinking about only drafting QB, OL, DL, CB w/ S being the big exception inside the top 50-60 picks.

Yeah, I never would've guessed that the 3rd round was the only remaining spot where Belichick hasn't picked up a pro bowler. The 3rd looks even worse when you look at those starts/years columns, too.

Yeah, I never would've guessed that the 3rd round was the only remaining spot where Belichick hasn't picked up a pro bowler. The 3rd looks even worse when you look at those starts/years columns, too.
There's nothing I want more than spending a weekend in the war room & understanding the thought process collecting the data & picks together & seeing the actual picks being made.

Possible partner

Very plausible. Gruden and Belichick have a good relationship, and Belichick doesn't hesitate to trade with his friends. And right ahead of Miami at 11 and Buffalo at 12. The general trade value chart says it'll cost 23 and 31, and the Pats could get 10 and 110 back.

Interesting for a draft where a lot of commenters have crapped on the WR class you have a ton of guys with a 2nd round grade. Also I am curious what caused you to rate Mike White QB so high. I just didn't see him in the top 3 rounds but I'd love to know your opinion on him
Few thoughts on Ridley, Moore, Anthony, Kirk, Coutee & a few others. 3 of the 5 (Moore, Kirk, Coutee) have age on their side, all have been big time producers w/ less than ideal QB situations or teams situations, can win many diff ways (at the line, in route, inside/outside, 50/50, yac, great hands etc)have the #'s you like & we've seen these types have a ton of success in the league.

Sutton & Tate are both big bodies that are great at using their size & are that big poss. guy you want on the outside. Not true #1's but impact guys. I loved Tate for a while now, no secret if you visited the draft board. His body control, hands, high pointing-50/50 ability have been top tier. Hes a nightmare on 3rd down & RZ. Terrible QB situation & OL. VG Blocker as well. Catches knowing hes getting lit up, tough player. Very young.

Gallup is a do it all guy that just gets it done. Ive seen him separate w/ elbows, hip checks & shoulder bumps in route. 50/50 guy even tho hes not a big guy. Big production. Catch through contact, tough dude.

Very plausible. Gruden and Belichick have a good relationship, and Belichick doesn't hesitate to trade with his friends. And right ahead of Miami at 11 and Buffalo at 12. The general trade value chart says it'll cost 23 and 31, and the Pats could get 10 and 110 back.
It makes too much sense if we want to go that way. Oakland & Denver have been loud about moving.

Id offer Gronk for 10 straight up and Jordan Richards

Interesting for a draft where a lot of commenters have crapped on the WR class you have a ton of guys with a 2nd round grade. Also I am curious what caused you to rate Mike White QB so high. I just didn't see him in the top 3 rounds but I'd love to know your opinion on him
Sorry page froze I suspect theres gona be tons of traffic gere

I just really like White. Hes been through a ton and just performs. Excelled in diff systems, real arm talent (strength to hit anywhere, can change up speed, touch & placement, accuracy (hit 65+% from deep a few years ago). He was told by USF that they were going w/ Flowers. White went to WKU, had a moment were he knew he had to step it up and did. He just responded very well. Now I don't like his pocket awareness & presence at times, his legs are heavy but not Malllet bad. He needs a little work but is young enough where you can sit him for a year or two & have him in his prime for a bit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye