PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 TE/PTP Thread

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
TE/PTP Thread

How I graded the position in the past ...
Screenshot_2022-01-31-00-33-37~2.pngScreenshot_2022-01-31-00-34-06~2.pngScreenshot_2022-01-31-00-32-59~2.pngScreenshot_2022-01-31-00-34-13~2.pngScreenshot_2022-01-31-00-33-52~2.png

Tier 2
Trey McBride - 6'4/260 - Colorado St

Jalen Wydermeyer - 6'5/265 - TAMU

Jeremy Ruckert - 6'5/250 - OSU

Greg Dulcich - 6'4/240 - UCLA

Charlie Kolar - 6'6/260 - Iowa St

Isaiah Likely - 6'4/245 - Coastal Carolina

Jake Ferguson - 6'5/245 - Wisconsin

Grant Calcaterra - 6'5/250 - SMU

Tier 3
Cole Turner - 6'6/240 - Nevada

Trae Barry - 6'6/245 - BC

James Mitchell - 6'3/255 - VA Tech

Peyton Hendershot - 6'4/250 - Indiana

Lucas Krull - 6'6/260 - Pittsburgh

Derrick Deese Jr - 6'4/235 - San Jose St

Gerrit Prince - 6'5/240 - UAB

Cade Otton - 6'5/250 - Washington

Tier 4
Teagan Quitoriano - 6'6/260 - Oregon St

Cade Brewer - 6'4/250 - Texas

Austin Allen - 6'9/255 - Nebraska

Nick Muse - 6'4/250 - South Carolina

Jake Tonges - 6'5/240 - California

Braden Galloway - 6'4/240 - Clemson

Connor Heyward - 6'/230 - MSU

Sean Dykes - 6'2/225 - Memphis

Not a good TE class

Calcaterra is my favorite prospect

Also like Ruckert and Fotheringham from Utah as well as Galloway who may have retired

Ferguson and a few others are interesting

I am a huge fan of likely. If he runs well, he will be a playmaker in the nfl,

Not a strong TE class. My favorite at the moment is Gerrit Prince. He stands out to me as possibly the best receiver at TE in the draft. Good speed and hands. There may be other decent inline blockers out there, but I was strictly looking for receiving talent.

Apparently Jalen Wydermeyer has had a horrific Pro day. Lance Zierlin reckons he's going to be an UDFA now.

Quite the fall for someone who was being projected as a 2nd rounder

5:03 40, for a pass catching move TE. Yikes.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, a TE people more assumed was not athletic… I’d flip him and Wydemeyer’s spots fast.

Meanwhile, a TE people more assumed was not athletic… I’d flip him and Wydemeyer’s spots fast.

Kolar has been on my short list for top tier TE's for 2-3 years now, for his class. I'm pretty sure him and Ruckert are going top 75. None are ranked just in the neighborhood where I think they belong but Wydemeyer just shot a dud none really expected.

@miloofcroton mentioned him and he is in my tier 3 but Gerrit Prince is a name to remember. Pats went to multiple UAB practices last year. Price too. IMG_20220325_031640.jpg

You can see Prince's athleticism, agility and rec ability stand out. He's able to work the seam and deep MOF. You can give him touches in the flat and underneath for yac. He's able to stop and start without hesitation at 240. Quick, pretty nimble. Quicker > fast but has enough speed for chunks of yards. He understand his limits and switches up his tempo, strides etc to max out what he has. Big time effort in the run game. He'll never be a "killer" like Mayock would say but he's tough and isn't afraid to contribute. He won't stand a chance against real NFL trench players but he can work over DB's and stalk block down field. If he could improve on his blocking and get a little stronger, a little faster he could be a great flex hybrid. RD 5-udfa depending on your opinion.

https://twitter.com/PriceCheck3/status/1500927478474612736?t=7O-bP1iPqZttxsQxxnS2Nw&s=19

Which is the bigger need, a TE or a back in the mold of Burkhead? I’ve been thinking more of the latter this off-season but for the later parts of the draft if the pieces before have fallen into place then an upgrade to Asiasi, etc. would be great.

They absolutely need a better in-line blocker in the mix than they seem to have. Maybe that’s how they see Fumagalli? I’d rather they didn’t spend draft capital on someone who is redundant with Smith or Henry

Allen from Nebraska is a big tight end we should sign as an UDFA.

Which is the bigger need, a TE or a back in the mold of Burkhead? I’ve been thinking more of the latter this off-season but for the later parts of the draft if the pieces before have fallen into place then an upgrade to Asiasi, etc. would be great.

They absolutely need a better in-line blocker in the mix than they seem to have. Maybe that’s how they see Fumagalli? I’d rather they didn’t spend draft capital on someone who is redundant with Smith or Henry
This is a good question. You could throw backup QB in there too imo.

I think James Cook is a 2nd RD RB and maybe ours? Remember we love guys that can come in right away and fill a role. Murky with White but we definitely need a future replacement. Last year we were relying on Bolden who did a great job but still. We need to get younger there.

I wouldn't mind McBride or Ruckert. Both can contribute right away. I know Miami will be looking for a big time blocking TE as well.

I really want the Pats to take Jelani Woods. I think he’s gonna be a matchup nightmare for any LB or even DB that has to cover him. He’s basically a big WR, who plays TE. A pretty good blocker as well. I know TE isn’t really a need, but man, I could see him being one of the best TEs in football in a couple of years.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back