PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 NFL DRAFT/PATRIOT-TYPE THREAD

One of my favorites. Thought he was HOF material coming out and he lives up to it every Sunday.

Check out @Draft_Brian's Tweet:

EQB is a very interesting guy. Lived in Paris when he was young, visits Germany where is mother lives and speaks 3 different languages. Smart kid.

Looks legit 6'5/190. Would like to see him around 205-210. I like his hands. Strong. Tries and does a good job of catching everything away from him. I'd like to see improve his strengths. I think that's where his game is bc of his size. Great catch, sees the big hit coming and holds onto the ball for a big TD. That's his game, Catch Radius, 3rd/red zone. He's not the most sudden guy. Wont shake his man but if he gets going has enough speed n wiggle to slip past a defender or 2 and do some damage.

I have a feeling that # increases or at least stays the same. I think Tate breaks out big time and tears up the season. This dude has so much potential.

Josh Sweat is a very interesting guy. Extremely talented but his knees are going to scare some teams. ACL and dislocated in high school. Meniscus in college.

He's a freaky dude

Very nice closing speed here☝️

Very nice burst but also stays low. Wins with leverage and long arms OL.

That whole FSU team is loaded but has a few guys ready for breakout seasons.

Last edited:
Here's another guy that will get a ton of love. And another guy who is poised for a real breakout year. His ceiling is pretty high. Just from watching him, his athleticism is off the charts. Smooth, nice hips. Seems to have legit read & attack mentality. Can literally move him almost anywhere. If he can stay healthy hes in for a huge year.

Great read by Mosq. Pity Landry out of reach. Gustin has my heart.
Looking forward to Hughes discovery..

PS
don't worry, we're following, just keep up the good work

Thank you! You Too!

Love to hear anything about Hughes if you watched him, even a lil bit?

I confess I didn't know his name before Mosq wrote about him.

1) This team just amazes me each time I look at the depth chart and the WR position, imo, is the best we've ever had. Cooks is going to impress a lot of people that aren't that familiar with him. Hawkins is incredible depth behind a perfect blend for Brady. Moss is my all time fav player but this WR Corp is so legit it's not fair. Add in Gronk, who physically looks like himself and you have an uncoverable offense along with the RB's which I'll talk about later.

2)Jones is a real binky. Love this guy like Flowers! He's so competitive and despite his 3Cone, I've always thought he was smooth and sticky enough in coverage. Putting him in the slot, imo, plays to his strengths big time. His speed is legit, so he can stay with guys like Cooks who might line in there and has great speed. I live his feet, which prob make up for a lil stiffness. So quick and bouncy. Add in his fight and athleticism and you have a lot to work with.
I absolutely love out secondary. So spoiled. This ****in team. I love the Butler/Gilmore combo. I have 0 worries and think they'll play off each other wonderful. Jonathan Jones would be the perfect piece to add in the slot with those 2.

3) Pats leading the way again. In have to say I love our UDFA'S the past few years.

4) I love our RB'S but really want to see Lewis on this team. I've been on board with limited snaps for a while and wanted him held out last year until week 8-10 to get ready for the playoffs. I don't think Gronk needs a drastic cut but think he needs to be watched as well.

Anyway back to the backs. Like the WR Corp its a perfect blend for this team. M.G. ,Burk, White, Lewis is the best group we've seen in a while. I think both WR/RB have been upgraded big time.

5) I want those flip flops now. And ****in A WE WANT 6. Back 2 Back for 6 would make 31 teams and fans puke at once. Again.

6) I really love our Defense and like the Offense, it won't hit us how good they really are until we see them in action. The versatility is insane! The ENTIRE defense is bonkers.

I'm slurping here bc it's not common place to have this many binkys on one team. Flowers and Rivers are gunna cause so many headaches.

Ealy and Flowers are really important pieces but if Rivers can do his thing on the edge we're talking next level for this defense. Yea hes a rook and snaps will be limited but his impact, his game, even small samples will have the biggest to this veteran team.

7) I though last year the oline would be top 10-12ish. I don't want to get into exact rankings but I think its safe to say they were a strength. I think they get stronger this year and we see lil improvements individually but I think our running game will be slightly better overall.

"Beat the hands, beat the man"!

Some highlights

☝️☝️☝️ look at those calves

Last edited:
Been saying a healthy Chubb is top tier and I think he might offer more consistency in the NFL. Obviously draft positioning/order is important but I think if Chubb stays healthy teams might prefer him, later, than Barkley.

Barkley is a special back tho. Just might need a lil help at the next level in terms of offensive fit, keeping the chains moving etc

Last edited:
So much ****in hype

Two guys to watch. I'm sure most have heard of Azeem but Bierria has some real game in him.

Biggest thing I'm looking for besides their individual improvements is how the team functions and the level of play on D.

They lost a ton of talent over the past 2 years but that D performed each year. Can these two light the spark and still improve?

Last edited:

He was given pre-snap responsibilities, has the ability to put the ball in tight spaces on different levels and has escapability. Transferred to Gambling from Ole Miss bc of playing time, I really dont think he fit with what the staff wanted but the main reason was the health of his mom. Who suffered a stroke and other health complications.

While watching Williams this year Kincade stuck out big time but confess I had no idea about his background or what year he was until a few days ago when I really started to look.

Last edited:
DR Class is pretty sweet this year.

Jones has a great first step and really transformed his body. Put on 40lbs the past few years and last year added some "good weight" while maintaining his 31 Vert. Can't wait to see him this year. Def a guy to watch out for

Last edited:
Check out @colecubelic's Tweet:

Man this guy is a football player. Great thick lower body. Love his motor.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back