PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 DRAFT QB THREAD

I want both logan woodside and lauletta. Get it done!

Please god no Lauletta . He has one of the weakest deep balls I have ever seen. Cooks would have have no success in an offense QBed by Lauletta.

Please god no Lauletta . He has one of the weakest deep balls I have ever seen. Cooks would have have no success in an offense QBed by Lauletta.

Have you seen Woodside's deep ball on the run? Those bad boys are on frozen ropes.

Have you seen Woodside's deep ball on the run? Those bad boys are on frozen ropes.

I watched him a bunch live and always liked him. Then for months I'm hearing how weak his arm on Twitter. It's not a cannon but he has plenty of arm for what type of O he'll run.

Described him as a classic "bigger school, little taller" guy who would have been AN easy Top 50 pick if so.

Pretty sad but abundantly clear.

That Wonderlic score for Lamar Jackson tho...

That Wonderlic score for Lamar Jackson tho...
Keep thinking he'll be there at 31 more and more

It's up to BB if he thinks he's the future

Interesting fit

My only knocks are that he's raw, accuracy issues, and his frame is light

Otherwise he runs like something we've never seen, smarter runner than Vick with good arm strength and very mature

Keep thinking he'll be there at 31 more and more

It's up to BB if he thinks he's the future

Interesting fit

My only knocks are that he's raw, accuracy issues, and his frame is light

Otherwise he runs like something we've never seen, smarter runner than Vick with good arm strength and very mature

If they think he's going to be the next Watson, I can be talked into it. Watson scored a 20.

If they think he's going to be the next Watson, I can be talked into it. Watson scored a 20.
I think Watson was a much better passer coming out and had a real QB stature

Yeah but they'll have time to try and mold Jackson since Brady is still playing at a peak level. Gun to my head, I don't think Jackson will ever be as polished a pocket passer as Watson became, but you never know.

Both are 6'2 215-217.

I also have to disagree about Watson being a better passer coming out.

He was great last year. Esp as a rookie. Houston helped him out tho. Watching their games he was getting the ball out very quick. Lots of quick, one read stuff. Very encouraging for a rookie & if I'm a Texan fan I'm pumped but it wasn't that diff than what he did in college.

Last edited:
Yeah but they'll have time to try and mold Jackson since Brady is still playing at a peak level. Gun to my head, I don't think Jackson will ever be as polished a pocket passer as Watson became, but you never know.

I loved what Watson did last year but his flaws were still there. OB didn't throw out his playbook by any means but it was very similar to what he did at Clemson. Not a knock. I didn't see a diff player from Clemson to Houston tho. Again Not a knock, I guess I expected or had faith Watson could do that.

Anyway I think Jackson is a little further along. I'd love to see what his numbers would be if he played w Clemsons cast of all stars?

Marino scored a 15?

Jackson routinely shows good touch & placement. Poise & Toughness. He plays the position w nuace & hes a baby.

A lot of Lamar Jackson's issues come from his base when he's throwing at times. At times his feet are very very close together. Get that sorted with him over the next two years and he could be one hell of a player, if an NFL team is smart they won't start Jackson until this is near enough 100% sorted.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back