PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 DL THREAD

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'l look at & breakdown as many DL'm & P.T.P.'s as I can here. (Prob keep these going & finish reports around end of May)

First up everyone's favorite Vita Vea.

Kendrick Norton breakdown, please. :)

Kendrick Norton breakdown, please. :)

TL:DR

Positives
Young guy, 97 baby. Real Natural strength. Big boy that spills out his uni. Very hard to move once he plants & anchors down. Fighter type. Good job at using length he has. Love seeing him long arm & walk his man back. He'll swat & punch to stay to clean. I could see him being moved around a bit.

Like Settle, Shelton, he has that bad weight. Not as bad as those two but it's there.
Looks like strictly rotation at first. Again like Settle play disappears. Not bc of effort, just big dudes.

I gotta early 3rd on Settle & Mid 3rd on Norton.

Glad to see someone else on the Math Bomb train. If you haven't download the RAS tool, you're missing out. In the meantime, if you want me to post any of the score cards, I have the tool running pretty much 24/7 on my desktop. ;)

Glad to see someone else on the Math Bomb train. If you haven't download the RAS tool, you're missing out. In the meantime, if you want me to post any of the score cards, I have the tool running pretty much 24/7 on my desktop. ;)

Yea I've been a fan for a while now. He does great work & it' huge for me bc I don't have to look for #'s.

Get the ones I need from him & plug em in.

plus I love seeing what 6-7 people think n he's one.

you can post away. Esp all D positions, OL. Those positions are a bit more important to me w/ #'s.

Big fan. He's already 25, after a couple years off football, which is problem for some. I don't mind his age, because I think it's more likely that he'll have more maturity than a 21 year old.

Just for you @manxman2601 ;)

Tried to go off several sources for workout numbers. If these hold up, this is a really, really good result. Insanely long arms. The weirdest thing is his short shuttle. His 3-cone is so good for his size that I'd expect a SS around the 4.4 range. That would literally put him at 10.00 with the best aggregate numbers for a DT, mostly because of his blistering fast 10 yard split and excellent explosion for his size. He could legitimately play DE (I'll post without the SS, since it's an outlier for an athlete who looks extremely fluid on the field and in workouts). In fact, I'm going to compare him physically to Cameron Jordan. He didn't have the college production, but there are moments when they look really similar on the field.

DT:

upload_2018-4-16_21-3-11.png

DE:

upload_2018-4-16_21-6-13.png

Cameron Jordan, a draft binkie long, long ago:

upload_2018-4-16_21-9-37.png

Taylor doesn't move like a DT at all. He looks like an oversized linebacker out there:

Agree on Shepard. Age is a bummer but I love his body & the way he moves. Very smooth, compact, everything is firing together.

If I'm an attacking 34, 43 under I might go top 60 on him if I really love him.

Taylor has been with Texans & buffalo, I believe? could be wrong but I know he' been busy

What’s your take on Reginald McKenzie ? His stats are not very impressive, but in the draftbreakdown video highlights he is consistently dominating the O line.

Just for you @manxman2601 ;)

Tried to go off several sources for workout numbers. If these hold up, this is a really, really good result. Insanely long arms. The weirdest thing is his short shuttle. His 3-cone is so good for his size that I'd expect a SS around the 4.4 range. That would literally put him at 10.00 with the best aggregate numbers for a DT, mostly because of his blistering fast 10 yard split and excellent explosion for his size. He could legitimately play DE (I'll post without the SS, since it's an outlier for an athlete who looks extremely fluid on the field and in workouts). In fact, I'm going to compare him physically to Cameron Jordan. He didn't have the college production, but there are moments when they look really similar on the field.

DT:

View attachment 20112

DE:

View attachment 20113

Cameron Jordan, a draft binkie long, long ago:

View attachment 20114

Taylor doesn't move like a DT at all. He looks like an oversized linebacker out there:

Very nice. His movement skills in that brief video I posted were really impressive.

What’s your take on Reginald McKenzie ? His stats are not very impressive, but in the draftbreakdown video highlights he is consistently dominating the O line.

Small sample size. Looks like another Norton, Settle type where he's focused & dangerous in that short A-B area after his burst. Big Boy, lots of mass to eat up blocks. Fighter type. In that Norton range.

Tim Settle

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back