PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bettor places $1.5M on Rams straight-up (won on $1M Eagles bet last year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fcking hate hate hate these fcking stories before the game. Is this guy right every time?

I'm not worried about it. No truly great gambler would ever drop 7 figures on a single bet. One of the first rules of being a pro sports better is bank roll management. You only bet a small percent of your total net worth. You never put yourself in position to lose 1 bet and have it take a big bite out of you.

The person making this bet is clearly a rich amateur. The pros jumped on it early or are looking to snipe juicy prop bets.

CBS has will be broadcasting the SB for the 7th time since 2000. In that time only one NFC team has won the SB (Saints). 1/6. It should also be pointed out that the Patriots are 3-0 (04,14, & 16) in even numbered SB years under Brady & BB. They are 0-3 (07,11,& 17) in odd numbered SB years under said duo. They've also won their last three SB's when they are the "Road" team. Does it mean anything? Absolutely not. But this bet isn't a sign of anything either.

Has anyone here ever plaved a 6 figure bet leave alone a 7 figure bet? I dont think I could even place a 1 Million dollar bet now on the Pats V Atlanta, and they won the game...

Has anyone here ever plaved a 6 figure bet leave alone a 7 figure bet? I dont think I could even place a 1 Million dollar bet now on the Pats V Atlanta, and they won the game...
It would add a whole new dimension to your nervous system.

I was listening to a lot of VSIN yesterday and they're saying the biggest chance is that the books lose a little money tomorrow BUT their dream scenario is a New England win by 1 or 2 points. If the game fits in that small window, the houses will clean up big time.

People who are taking NE are overwhelmingly laying the 2' whereas people taking LA are overwhelmingly taking the money line at+120 to +140. As of yesterday, more money had been placed on NE but they are predicting late LA money.

Money laundering.

Bettor is giving back what he/she won last year and then some.
That's how gambling works (and the stock market for me).
Winning breeds overconfidence.

This person is not betting on the Rams, he/she is betting against the Patriots.
Not a sound financial philosophy.
Probably an owner pissing away some of Daddy's pocket change:
irsay18n-1-web.jpg

BSPN and other A-holes do it all the time.
Picking against the Pats hoping this will be the 1 out of 8 chance they can look like a genius.
Also not a sound philosophy.
If you had bet the Pats every game for the last 18 years, you would have won at what, an 80% clip?

How obscene is that?
To potentially piss away 1.5 mil for entertainment purposes.
They could select one employee a year and set them up to retire comfortably for life.

Dont worry you guys, I put $100 on the Pat's giving points, we're golden, I never lose these big bets.

I like this, more bulletin board material for the Pats. Remember, Edelman told them to do this.

If you had bet the Pats every game for the last 18 years, you would have won at what, an 80% clip?

Heard a show on the radio where a bookie said that if you had bet on the Pats every game since 2001, you'd have cleaned up, since they have covered the spread 59% of the time

The sharps spent the opening days betting the Pats. The general public is who dumps money into it at the end.
Why would the sharps not wait till they got the last bit of information ?

If you put that much money on the Pats and half of that into the referee, that would be a great investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe