PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best memories of attending a Pats game?

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've got two... how about you?

1. My first game ever... my Dad (God rest his soul) took me to see them in 1977, playing the Bills.

OJ had just gotten injured... we thought we'd see a win GUARANTEED. That's when the immortal Roland Hooks ( :oops: ) decided to run for 155 yards. And Grogan did one of his 9 for 30 games with countless picks. Pats lost, 24-14. We were up in the nosebleeds, sitting in front of about ten Bills fans chanting, "Let's go, Buffalo! Let's go, Buffalo!" They were psyched. :)

2. My last game (to this point)... won club seat tickets for charity to the 2003 Miami game... the snow game. What a wild scene. Took my dad, my cousin, and a friend... Dad stayed inside the club the whole game and had a blast. We sat outside, cheered our lungs out, and threw snow... especially during this. :)

4vd7bp.gif

Just a few. Sam Gash saying hi to me when I was a kid at old Foxboro stadium. That blizzard rolling through at half time of the Patriots Jaguars game I think in 2003. That Titans playoff game in 2003 where they had the warnings on the Jumbotron about frostbite because it was so cold. Watching Lagarette Blount go off against the Bills in 2013 in the pouring 36 degree rain while the whole stadium sung CCR's "Have You Ever Seen the Rain".

I was at that 2018 game vs the Chiefs and remember thinking that the Chiefs looked like they could be legit. Crazy to think that was only two seasons ago.

Jimmy Johnson jumping up and down, losing his ****, in a 4:05 December game in the late 90's......bunch of us went, somehow our tickets were in a family section....so we snuck beers in (we were very inconspicuous and well behaved).....it was cold, girl i was dating at the time had a blanket, bunch of friends.....i think two of the couples from that day ended up married.......i did not.....haha

In person: Super Bowl in Atlanta. Not the best game, but had a reunion with a huge group of childhood friends form MA in Atlanta. Awesome weekend.

Not an in person game - But my dad passed away shortly after the 28-3 come back against the Falcons. I was able to watch the game with him in the hospital decked out in our Pats gear. Better than any in-person game for me. No one will ever be able to take that memory from me. I think about that night a lot.

Monday Night game against the Jete.

45-3.

We kept yelling "Shutup, Jets!"

It was a shame that team laid down against them a few weeks later.
Maybe a better choice would be the Denver game where they were down 24-0 at halftime.

The divisional game against Tebow and The Donks was fun.

I remember a Marino vs Bledsoe game down in Miami my friends grandfather took us too. I have always been a Patriots fan but as a kid I absolutely love Dan Marino. Maybe it was Ace Ventura or maybe just because he was ahead of his time as far as throwing the ball but I was thrilled to watch him and Bledsoe play as a kid.

96 AFC Championship vs Jags. Freezing but nobody cared. I've never heard the place as loud as when Otis returned that fumble. Even had a power outage. Good times.

Jambalaya! lol

Jimmy Johnson jumping up and down, losing his ****, in a 4:05 December game in the late 90's......bunch of us went, somehow our tickets were in a family section....so we snuck beers in (we were very inconspicuous and well behaved).....it was cold, girl i was dating at the time had a blanket, bunch of friends.....i think two of the couples from that day ended up married.......i did not.....haha
I was at that one too! I absolutely lost my mind, yelling "Eff you Jimmy" as loud as I could. I am going to wager we were very close to one another, we had family section season tickets as well.

I don't know if I can say my favorite memory of all the years we attended games, but I will try. In no particular order:
  • One particular game in the old building, this guy comes down our row, gets to me and says "you're in my seat" and the entire section starts telling him no. He gives me a quizzical look and says "how do they know?" and I reply that we are here every week. I tell him "This is Jimmy, he has a bakery in such in such town, his wife just had a kid. This is so and so, this is such and such. That guy down there? He's going to b*tch that we aren't making enough noise and then sneak out at halftime. Down a little further... that's Rocky. (He looked like Stallone.) I sent the guy to the appropriate seat the next section over.
  • Opening night in the new building. We are singing along with "We Are the Champions" and the play starts, the song ends but we keep singing. The entire lower bowl picks it up, finishing the entire verse before erupting in cheers at our good fortune.
  • The Snow Bowl. Never got cold.
  • The first banner unveiling. And the second, and the third, fourth and fifth. I missed the sixth.
  • Attending Super Bowl 36. A few things come to mind. Walking out behind the goal posts, looking down and seeing the team, getting choked up at the fact that we are at the Super Bowl. U2's performance. Screaming at the top of my lungs "And it's good for a Patriot...." and having two sections yell FIRST DOWN!Seeing Adam come out for the kick, he was so small... we were 10 rows from the top... and thinking there was no way he could do it. All the chitty Red Sox negative blood pumping thru out veins, released in one cathartic moment.
  • The night Mo Lewis about killed Drew. Tom Brady jogs out, I turned to my Dad and said "Let's see how this guy does." He ended up pretty good I guess.
There's so many more, but that's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

Haven't been to as many as some here but my favorite I've been to is probably the Christmas Eve Massacre in 2016; 41-3 over the Jest. Given that the Brady-BB Pats had a losing record at Foxboro whenever I showed up (7-8 at the time), I was happy to watch a blowout and one that put the Pats at .500 for me when I go.

Of course, I have to mention my first game...1991, Oilers came to town and we somehow won. Eleven year old me thought maybe we had a chance to be good that year...:whistle:

I have been on the waitlist for a couple years now after moving back home and now with a 9 month old I am hoping within the next few years I get the opportunity to get season tickets. I would love to take my kid when he gets old enough.

AFCCG in 2007 and 2011 were the best memories.

Truth is, I've only had horrid experiences in the 1980s and 1990s. I only went to 6 or 7 games in that period but I once contracted pneumonia after a game in the freezing rain against Dallas in 1987. Rode the T back to Boston soaking wet in a shiver. Every time I'd go to a game it would be miserable. And back then I just didn't know to combat the elements like I do now. By the freezing 2007 AFCG, I was wearing under armour, ski outfit, hand and feet warmers.

AFCCG in 2007 and 2011 were the best memories.

Truth is, I've only had horrid experiences in the 1980s and 1990s. I only went to 6 or 7 games in that period but I once contracted pneumonia after a game in the freezing rain against Dallas in 1987. Rode the T back to Boston soaking wet in a shiver. Every time I'd go to a game it would be miserable. And back then I just didn't know to combat the elements like I do now. By the freezing 2007 AFCG, I was wearing under armour, ski outfit, hand and feet warmers.
That was a cold f’ing day

I go back to Harvard Stadium (Houston Oilers) Fenway Park (Denver with Billy Joe, SD with Lance Allworth), etc. Since age has buried the memories I'll start more recently.

Flutie vs Bears: A year after the 40something to 3 SB rout Da Bears come to Sullivan. Picked up cheap good view sideline seats in the parking lot before kickoff. Opening play Flutie 80 yard TD bomb to Irving Fryar. The payback was on!
Flutie games rocked. Coach hated him. Never once lost a game in Foxboro.
Jete routed 45-3: Freezing night game at Gillette. Nonstop stomping of Jete. Good thing I didn't know about January.
Loss to Jete Week 2, 2001: Post 9/11 game emotional. Jets flyover. Andruzzi's brother & NYFD at halftime. 5-11 team prior season.
Drew having lost to Bungles week one who were awful, tosses a game killer right into Jete LB with no Patriots around. Typical Bledsoe. Then we strip sack Testaverde recovering the fumble and then WTF? the BS refs invoke something called the Tuck Rule which nobody had heard of to give the ball and victory back to the Jete. Mo Lewis rocked and some backup came in the last series. Season OVAH just 2 games in.

I was at that one too! I absolutely lost my mind, yelling "Eff you Jimmy" as loud as I could. I am going to wager we were very close to one another, we had family section season tickets as well.

I don't know if I can say my favorite memory of all the years we attended games, but I will try. In no particular order:
  • One particular game in the old building, this guy comes down our row, gets to me and says "you're in my seat" and the entire section starts telling him no. He gives me a quizzical look and says "how do they know?" and I reply that we are here every week. I tell him "This is Jimmy, he has a bakery in such in such town, his wife just had a kid. This is so and so, this is such and such. That guy down there? He's going to b*tch that we aren't making enough noise and then sneak out at halftime. Down a little further... that's Rocky. (He looked like Stallone.) I sent the guy to the appropriate seat the next section over.
  • Opening night in the new building. We are singing along with "We Are the Champions" and the play starts, the song ends but we keep singing. The entire lower bowl picks it up, finishing the entire verse before erupting in cheers at our good fortune.
  • The Snow Bowl. Never got cold.
  • The first banner unveiling. And the second, and the third, fourth and fifth. I missed the sixth.
  • Attending Super Bowl 36. A few things come to mind. Walking out behind the goal posts, looking down and seeing the team, getting choked up at the fact that we are at the Super Bowl. U2's performance. Screaming at the top of my lungs "And it's good for a Patriot...." and having two sections yell FIRST DOWN!Seeing Adam come out for the kick, he was so small... we were 10 rows from the top... and thinking there was no way he could do it. All the chitty Red Sox negative blood pumping thru out veins, released in one cathartic moment.
  • The night Mo Lewis about killed Drew. Tom Brady jogs out, I turned to my Dad and said "Let's see how this guy does." He ended up pretty good I guess.
There's so many more, but that's what comes to mind off the top of my head.

I want to say we were Dolphins sidelines, lefthand endzone, low corner.......I think we got seats from a ticket service, and didn't realize it was a family section......it was cold......looking back it was actually a november 4:05 start, not december

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back