PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best memories of attending a Pats game?

AFC Championship Game January 22, 2012
New England 23 - Baltimore 20

My season tickets are front row in section 126. About dead even with the goalpost, visitor's side, South End Zone.

Directly in front of me, unobstructed line of sight, Sterling Moore knocks the ball out of Lee Evans hands who for some reason jumped in the air 4 inches to let the ball hit him in the stomach. Before he could tap both feet down, Moore strips the ball out. Goes to review. TD reversed! Next play, Moore breaks up a pass to Dennis Pitta at the 2.

Then we watch the Ravens be indecisive... they must have been debating FG to force overtime versus going for the win... Harbaugh makes the decision with under 20 seconds on 40 second clock and the FG unit hurries onto the field. I think they were expecting the Patriots to call timeout to ice the kicker. Belichick didn't call timeout and Cundiff hooked it about as bad as you can hook it.

We were stunned. And we were going to the Super Bowl! Big rollercoaster of emotions.

AFC Divisional Game - January 10, 2015
New England 35 - Baltimore 31

After the touchdown to LaFell, dropped in the basket to take 35-31 lead late. Zolak gets them to play Josie by the Outfield. Everyone was singing and singling loud. When the defense came out to defend the Ravens last drive, Gillette Stadium was literally shaking. I was standing on concrete in the lower bowl and the building was shaking.

Cam back from 14-points back twice. Trick plays. Double pass. Shane Vereen declares himself ineligible. Brady runs in a touchdown. What a game!

Saturday Night 8 PM Divisional Round Jan. 10, 2004
New England 17 Tennessee Titans 14 (McNair/George)

Let's just say it was very cold. Back in 2004, my tickets were in the nosebleeds. It was 4 degrees. Wind chill was -10.

Someone brought a metal barrel and lots of scrap lumber to the tailgate and we clustered around the barrel fire. I dressed in at least 5 layers. Was wearing a Thermacare Heat Wrap around my middle. There was barely a square inch of visible skin.

Nobody sat down for the entire game, even in section 305 row 21. You had to yell and scream and stamp your feet just to stay alive.

Early touchdown bomb, Brady to Bethel Johnson. Fans stayed for the whole game and were loud all the way through.

I have been so lucky to attend so many Pats games but I think my favorite will always be Super Bowl 36 in the Superdome in NO, our first Super Bowl win. My husband and I decided to go sort of on a whim (we had 2 young kids at the time and had to get Nana to babysit) and by the time we got tickets (they cost $810 each, which we thought was outrageous!) we couldn't even get a flight into NO from New England. We had to fly to Birmingham AL the night before, and take a short flight from there to NO the next morning, the day of the game. Then, after the game we had to drive from NO back to Birmingham, AL to get a flight home. Our seats were in the 2nd to last row of the Superdome, and it was so steep you felt like you would fall onto the field from a great height if you slipped. We got there so early we were almost the only fans there. We saw BB sitting on the bench with his hands behind his head just taking it all in and looking so relaxed. We were like, "Oh my God, he has a plan, and we are going to win!" I wore a Ty Law jersey that was size XXX (the only authentic jersey my husband could find at the store the day we left - I still wear it to this day) and he was the star of the game. He picked off Kurt Warner right in front of us and ran it in for a TD. Then we won! We actually won! The Patsies! The joke of the NFL! It was all so improbable and so glorious. I was crying in the stands as time ran out. Even though we had to drive back to Birmingham in the dead of night we were wide awake and celebrating! We went to a Waffle House somewhere in the middle of nowhere, still in our game jerseys, and the whole place was talking to us about the game. It was so awesome.

I have been so lucky to attend so many Pats games but I think my favorite will always be Super Bowl 36 in the Superdome in NO, our first Super Bowl win. My husband and I decided to go sort of on a whim (we had 2 young kids at the time and had to get Nana to babysit) and by the time we got tickets (they cost $810 each, which we thought was outrageous!) we couldn't even get a flight into NO from New England. We had to fly to Birmingham AL the night before, and take a short flight from there to NO the next morning, the day of the game. Then, after the game we had to drive from NO back to Birmingham, AL to get a flight home. Our seats were in the 2nd to last row of the Superdome, and it was so steep you felt like you would fall onto the field from a great height if you slipped. We got there so early we were almost the only fans there. We saw BB sitting on the bench with his hands behind his head just taking it all in and looking so relaxed. We were like, "Oh my God, he has a plan, and we are going to win!" I wore a Ty Law jersey that was size XXX (the only authentic jersey my husband could find at the store the day we left - I still wear it to this day) and he was the star of the game. He picked off Kurt Warner right in front of us and ran it in for a TD. Then we won! We actually won! The Patsies! The joke of the NFL! It was all so improbable and so glorious. I was crying in the stands as time ran out. Even though we had to drive back to Birmingham in the dead of night we were wide awake and celebrating! We went to a Waffle House somewhere in the middle of nowhere, still in our game jerseys, and the whole place was talking to us about the game. It was so awesome.
I'd put 10 winners on this if I could. :)

I went to the Greenbay/Patriots game in 2018 November. Was pretty cold but the energy from the fans and overall game was awesome.

I'd put 10 winners on this if I could. :)
Agreed! Hard to pick just one! I am reading through everyone's responses and keep saying, "Oh yeah! I forgot about that one. Great game." Keep them coming - it's fun to reminisce.

2007 Week 8 against the Redskins

By this point the 2007 offense had been ridiculously unstoppable. They completely toyed with the Redskins defense all night. The undefeated season was seemingly attainable at this stage of the season.

I remember watching that game in a bar in the San Fernando Valley called, "Yankee Doodle's". In those days, L.A. didn't have any pro football teams....so that bar would get a good mix of NFL fans. There were maybe 2-3 Patriots regulars there...but that day the bar was overrun by Redskins fans. I'd say we were outnumbered 25-5 that day PLUS the other fans/haters. So, the Pats are on the big screen....and the center of the bar is all Redskins fans. I am on one side...and on the other side is a cool Pats fan dude with the most sweet Pat Patriot sneakers (I have never been able to find one to purchase!!!)...I never caught his name, but there is a good chance he's a poster here. Anyhow, the Pats proceeded to kick ass....and the entire bar is like dead quiet...the Skins fans were shell shocked....even I was too... me and that dude kept exchanging glances of pure disbelief throughout the entire game.

I have never seen a football team dominate like that day since then....nobody else either....

Oh man...we really should have closed the deal.....DAMN IT!!!

1986 vs. Bengals: My first time attending live. Pats scored at least 20 points in every game that year...until they lose 31-7 against Cincy. Angry/bored/drunk fans decide to have a huge food fight. That was fun.

2005 vs. Miami: My brother surprised me with tix in a suite for the Flutie drop kick game. Merry Christmas to me.

2007 vs. Buffalo: After the TD bomb to Moss, my father turns to me and says, "I don't see anyone beating them."

2008 @ Oakland: Horrible cold and rainy day. Anger with the Tuck Rule 7 years later only provides so much fuel in those conditions. By halftime it was over and the fans quit. They openly turned on Jamarcus Russell who missed open guys badly. Best I've ever felt that rain soaked.

Regards,
Chris

This is one of my best memories for any game I've attended. I ended up with and still have sealed the end of the north goal post flag from the east post. That was a wild game, a wild finish and the memory of the goal posts being led out of the stadium is something I still picture today.

Great moment in Patriot's history - until, in typical drunk Schaeffer fashion, the fans paraded the goalpost out to Rt 1 and hit the power lines.

I remember watching that game in a bar in the San Fernando Valley called, "Yankee Doodle's". In those days, L.A. didn't have any pro football teams....so that bar would get a good mix of NFL fans. There were maybe 2-3 Patriots regulars there...but that day the bar was overrun by Redskins fans. I'd say we were outnumbered 25-5 that day PLUS the other fans/haters. So, the Pats are on the big screen....and the center of the bar is all Redskins fans. I am on one side...and on the other side is a cool Pats fan dude with the most sweet Pat Patriot sneakers (I have never been able to find one to purchase!!!)...I never caught his name, but there is a good chance he's a poster here. Anyhow, the Pats proceeded to kick ass....and the entire bar is like dead quiet...the Skins fans were shell shocked....even I was too... me and that dude kept exchanging glances of pure disbelief throughout the entire game.

I have never seen a football team dominate like that day since then....nobody else either....

Oh man...we really should have closed the deal.....DAMN IT!!!
Sounds like me in a bar for the Super Bowl with Atlanta in Illinois. I think I was the only Patriot's fan it the room (not that I cared). It was a terrible big screen, thus left at half and watched the rest at home. Though, wish I would have stayed and put up with the screen!!!

How about best game you did not attend, but watched on television?

That one is easy: Super Bowl 36.

I was watching the game on my couch with two then-young daughters (age 7 and 10 at that time). I think during the game they were simply happy dad was letting them stay up.

Based on four decades of Patriot history, my first miniscule moment of exultation when the FG went through immediately disappeared, because I assumed there must have been a second or two left on the official time clock (regardless what it read on TV). I had been so let down for so very long by the Patriots (and Red Sox, and to a lesser extent the Bruins) that I just assumed time was left - and that the Rams would somehow score. Either that or under all the confetti a yellow flag would be found, and their would be an illegal procedure or false start.

Finally after about two minutes my mind convinced me that there was no penalty flag, and there was no time left to play. I suddenly began jumping up and down as high as both legs could take me, repeatedly as often as I could while screaming at the top of my lungs. (Shocked I had no neighbor complaints; this was not in New England.)

At first both kids had huge smiles, joyously jumping up and down with me.

But then I did not stop.

They eventually retreated with semi-fake smiles, unsure of what they were witnessing while frantically looking around for mom, or any sane person to save them.

They are now in their mid - late twenties. Both are hard core die hard Patriot fans, even though neither ever lived in Massachusetts - or follow any other sports team.

Too many to post about. Having been an original season ticket holder I have lots of games to compare and having been to so many games there are too many personal memories as well as games and players' memories to share. I can't pick out my favorite. The one thing I know there will be many for the present and future game attendees as soon as fans are allowed back to see the Patriots play.

Go Patriots, the future is bright for this team. They were 7-9 with some of the best players sitting out because of COVID and with not much talent on the field. It won't take long to be back in the playoffs. I predict it will be next season.

Really tough to hone in on any one, but my god were the chills extreme hearing O Fortuna blasting at Gillette and Brady running onto field in 2016 in his first game back from the absolute bogus suspension.

I’m from NYC. Born in 1962, became a Pat’s fan in 1975. Went to several NE/NYJ games at Shea Stadium (family are Jet’s fans, had season tickets for a while). Went to my first Patriot’s game at Foxboro (Schaefer Stadium) on 9-9-1979. The Pats beat the Jets 56-3. It doesn’t get better than that. The Pats scored on EVERY drive I believe. It was the most amazing game I ever saw in person.

Later in life, I was in Boston during my 50th birthday weekend with family, and my mom Surprised me with tickets, and got to see the Pats beat Manning’s Broncos at Gillette Stadium. Another great memory.

How about best game you did not attend, but watched on television?

That one is easy: Super Bowl 36.

I was watching the game on my couch with two then-young daughters (age 7 and 10 at that time). I think during the game they were simply happy dad was letting them stay up.

Based on four decades of Patriot history, my first miniscule moment of exultation when the FG went through immediately disappeared, because I assumed there must have been a second or two left on the official time clock (regardless what it read on TV). I had been so let down for so very long by the Patriots (and Red Sox, and to a lesser extent the Bruins) that I just assumed time was left - and that the Rams would somehow score. Either that or under all the confetti a yellow flag would be found, and their would be an illegal procedure or false start.

Finally after about two minutes my mind convinced me that there was no penalty flag, and there was no time left to play. I suddenly began jumping up and down as high as both legs could take me, repeatedly as often as I could while screaming at the top of my lungs. (Shocked I had no neighbor complaints; this was not in New England.)

At first both kids had huge smiles, joyously jumping up and down with me.

But then I did not stop.

They eventually retreated with semi-fake smiles, unsure of what they were witnessing while frantically looking around for mom, or any sane person to save them.

They are now in their mid - late twenties. Both are hard core die hard Patriot fans, even though neither ever lived in Massachusetts - or follow any other sports team.
EVERYTHING Patriots changed completely with that final play. Patsies gone forevah!
It took me tens of seconds to believe it was actually over. Watched game at wife's sister's house downstairs in basement away from the crowd.

I’m from NYC. Born in 1962, became a Pat’s fan in 1975.

Later in life, I was in Boston during my 50th birthday weekend with family, and my mom Surprised me with tickets, and got to see the Pats beat Manning’s Broncos at Gillette Stadium. Another great memory.
2 november 2014 ?

2 november 2014 ?
That game, the 49ers game in 2012, and the Wildcard game against the Jags in 2005 were my best memories.

Ended up going to that Broncos game on a limb and bought tickets off stubhub that friday. When I got to the game, the gates opened and I lost/dropped my ticket. Lost my mind, ended up finding a stubhub rep near the stadium and got another one printed lol. Ended up missing most of the first quarter, by the time I got to my seats, Edelman had that punt return. Wild night and wild game

2014 Bengals, The “on to Cincinnati” game. Close second was 2018 Packers and seeing the Red Sox players and commissioner’s trophy and came out in a duck boat no less!

2014 Bengals, The “on to Cincinnati” game. Close second was 2018 Packers and seeing the Red Sox players and commissioner’s trophy and came out in a duck boat no less!
On to Cincinnati ... That's the only game I've seen at Gillette. At least I picked a good one.

It was the last year my dad had season tickets - Section 133, Row 15 (might have been 132/15).

Actually going to a game.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back