PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best Article Andy Hart Has Ever Written In His Life.

O'Brien tries to be the "edgy, hates everything" role and it's just not working.
She is so bad. She is one of those "everything is black or white" types that speaks in absolutes. That combined with the fact she doesn't really know anything about the team outside of 3-4 years ago and she constantly seems to trash Brady and the fans opinions. She makes the show hard to listen to sometimes.

I agree with « trying to win ». Anything else leads to problems. That includes - far too often - either NOT getting the player you were aiming for or that player doesn’t amount to much.

I hope NE turns it around in a few seasons. Even this year, lumps and all, a few young players have shown promise. I hope they have an excellent 2021, building towards something.

She is so bad. She is one of those "everything is black or white" types that speaks in absolutes. That combined with the fact she doesn't really know anything about the team outside of 3-4 years ago and she constantly seems to trash Brady and the fans opinions. She makes the show hard to listen to sometimes.
She needs to go. Full stop.

It's why Cam is the choice. He gives 150% and spends the most time of any player or staff in the building each and every day.
Shouldn't we see improvement then instead of regression?

I think Josh spends 150% of his time thinking of plays that don't require Cam passing the ball

I also think some of the extreme time Cam spends at Gillette is in front of the mirror getting the "look" just right

1608316878560.png

I took the article as less an attack on Stidham's work ethic and more in support of the idea the team will never play him just to see what they have (if it gives them less of a chance to win).

But remember this picture taken before Cam got there?

2f0dac21.jpg

Seemed a little too close to this popular Brady meme.

1q7n9w.jpg

And mimicking Brady before even taking a snap as a starter, or acting like the heir apparent, was waaaaaay too presumptuous. Maybe Stidham's attitude is the problem.

“The future is, he’s worried about winning the next game,” Lombardi told OMF on WEEI last week of Belichick. “He’s going to make sure he tries to become 9-7, which is the best record he can be.” BB will always bypass short gains for outright winning. Case in point, Welker's comment about the Jet's coach. BB benched Welker in the first quarter to dissatisfaction of some.
erm

Shouldn't we see improvement then instead of regression?

I think Josh spends 150% of his time thinking of plays that don't require Cam passing the ball

I also think some of the extreme time Cam spends at Gillette is in front of the mirror getting the "look" just right

View attachment 29470
What he’s saying is that Cam is giving 100%, is Mr. Exemplary in practice and in the locker room, and has performed the best during practice, knows the most during team meetings, and looks the best during side sessions.

Yet he still sucks, which is why he’s regressing; he just seems to not be able to perform well enough in the games anymore. What does that say about Stidham? It says he looks worse than Cam in all those other moments, and they’re not going to just throw their arms up and see how he performs in the games just because. They’ll let him start if they think he’s earned it. He hasn’t. That’s clear as day.

Of the 3 QBs on the roster right now, I think the only one who has a chance of being on the 2021 regular season roster is Cam. And I hope that doesn’t happen unless he’s the backup.

@Jlaff , in what context did Stiddy take that picture....seems weird like he's tone deaf...

I took the article as less an attack on Stidham's work ethic and more in support of the idea the team will never play him just to see what they have (if it gives them less of a chance to win).

But remember this picture taken before Cam got there?

2f0dac21.jpg

Seemed a little too close to this popular Brady meme.

1q7n9w.jpg

And mimicking Brady before even taking a snap as a starter, or acting like the heir apparent, was waaaaaay too presumptuous. Maybe Stidham's attitude is the problem.
I always thought this pic was a Photoshop.

He really posed for this?

Holy F... I can only imagine what BB reaction was when he (or if he) saw this.

Eh. Culture is formed by winning. You need talent to win.
This is the first season in 20 years that Bill took hard left away from culture with all his excuse making.

Eh. Culture is formed by winning. You need talent to win.
This is the first season in 20 years that Bill took hard left away from culture with all his excuse making.
Culture ain't what you and I hear, it's what is said behind those closed doors and who believes in it behind those doors. Belichick knows that better than anyone else.

I don't miss Fred Kirsch or the Hart/Perillo impersonation of Statler and Waldorf from The Muppets. They drove me nuts

That's a pretty funny comparison, but a bit befuddled why this article is good. It tells us nothing and it makes no sense. If you had told me BB would think Cam Newton or any of these selfish, primadonna type "look at me" QBs that have come through the NFL, like a Mayfield or the types of QBs that think they are better than they are and love to read the press clippings for attention, that kind of player is absolutely NOT a fit for our culture here. That's a Jets player or maybe Seattle or a place like that. One of these loud mouthed teams....Dallas, Philly, etc. Maybe NOs.. Batlimore.....Teams that think they are better than they are and run their mouth a lot.

That's Cam Newton to me in Carolina his whole career, the Superman garbage, etc, etc, etc. I am still stunned BB signed him and even more stunned at, what appears to fake rhetoric BB is going out of his way to spin during a pandemic, where it comes off like it's being done by design.

Because Newton is 100% the opposite of Pats culture. BB likes high IQ, tough, consistent and productive players. Newton is NONE of that. At the first sign of a bad pattern happening with any player, BB addresses it with a demotion, benching, or he cuts the guy. Whenever the player wanted to make it about himself, that player was gone, so Newton never represented a Pats player. I live in NC so I know PLENTY of Panthers fans who saw what I saw. For years. He makes 1 flashy, nice play for 10 bad ones. Over and over and over.

What could have Stidham have possibly done from January until after the 4th of July with a whole missed offseason to be seen as someone who ascended to fast to being blocked or hidden away by Cam Newton?

What we need is real info, which I can try to get my hands on, because articles like this are useless especially from arrogant Hart who is in love with himself and has no resume beyond patriots.com and had his best years when he was in high school, most likely. lmao

Regardless, it may be back to Jimmy next year anyway. If it's not some odd way to motivate Stidham and he is not the guy, my money is on JimmyG coming back because SF only has 22 mil under the cap and needs to pay Fred Warner at LB, or they're screwed. Lynch has done a very poor job with the money, He's drafted well and the JimmyG trade certainly was strong for the (even though BB's yield is very impressive), so that's a strong possibility.

Of course this begs the question why Jason Kelce is featured as someone who is talking about winning culture. Isn't having fun more important for Eagles players?
Another GREAT question. That's one of the last teams in the NFL I would cite as having a culture of winning. Their coach won the SB and then wrote a book about himself. And, don't get me started on the other blowhards on that team. They've been reading their press clippings for 2 years from the SB from 3 seasons ago, right from the owner down to Howie Roseman and the head coach. They don't know what winning culture is there.

Yes. Have to go all out to grow and compete all the time.

It's why Cam is the choice. He gives 150% and spends the most time of any player or staff in the building each and every day. Culture and long view. Stidham is probably home at 6 every day to his new wife.
I love the rationale that the guy who stays late is the guy who starts. Let's just forget about ability. Let's forget about performance. And, of course, assume that every minute staying late is productive and makes you a better player. Can't just be to impress the boss. And, what's even worse, to give a damn about you family.

Culture is important, but we are unlikely to have a winning season this year with our culture and there’s no guarantee of a winning season next year with our culture. At the end of the day you need a lot of things to win in the NFL, and talent is right at the top.

Not sure if I agree completely. How many uber talented teams have the Pats beaten over the years? I'll take the Pats culture + talent over a superiorly talented team.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back