PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick's Decision to Move Brady Thread

So, we're still butt hurt about what happened in the summer of 2018?

Is five years not enough time to process what happened?
You realize people in this region obsessed over Babe Ruth for about 5/6ths of a century, right?

Clear as day it was a massive mistake by Bill and Bob not to give Brady the Brees 2 yr $50m. Not just because we had no replacement for him but the fact the greatest player ever was allowed to leave and now will always have another team associated with him. Bob and Bill ****ed up, plain and simple.
Most of Bill's players, if any, don't get to finish on their own terms. And yet, I heard talk that some former players were hoping that Bill would get to end his career on his terms. If that's true it's odd.

You realize people in this region obsessed over Babe Ruth for about 5/6ths of a century, right?
At least the Red Socks got something in return. The Pats didn't.

One of the little known facts about the Ruth trade was that one of the other people traded to NY was a front office type who would institute the spend to win system that served the Yankmes so well over the years.

Sure…. Tom retires, Arians steps down, Brady instantly comes out of retirement.

Delusion… in a word.
Did you think Brady and BB hated each other by the end of their time here?

Did you think Brady and BB hated each other by the end of their time here?
This post you’re responding to is really old. I’ve gotten into Brady conversations with you before and you believe in magical unicorns. I’m not getting into a protracted BB versus Brady conversation with a zealot like you today… I’d rather rub jalapeños in my eyes. I get it… Tom isn’t human, he never erred in his life, he craps golden nuggets.

This post you’re responding to is really old. I’ve gotten into Brady conversations with you before and you believe is magical unicorns. I’m not getting into a protracted BB versus Brady conversation with a zealot like you today… I’d rather rub jalapeños in my eyes. I get it… Tom isn’t human, he never erred in his life, he craps golden nuggets.
All I asked is if you believed they hated each other for a period of time at the end of the dynasty? Because all of their public appearances, theres no sign of that. Same with Brady and Arians. Just checking

All I asked is if you believed they hated each other for a period of time at the end of the dynasty? Because all of their public appearances, theres no sign of that. Same with Brady and Arians. Just checking
Brady’s retired, Ian can probably close this echo chamber or archive it, and hopefully the manically obsessed who relentlessly contributed to it can move on with their lives.

This post you’re responding to is really old. I’ve gotten into Brady conversations with you before and you believe in magical unicorns. I’m not getting into a protracted BB versus Brady conversation with a zealot like you today… I’d rather rub jalapeños in my eyes. I get it… Tom isn’t human, he never erred in his life, he craps golden nuggets.
You're finally seeing things clearly. Took you long enough. :)

It's never been BB vs Brady to me as much as coach vs player. I'll take a top player over a top coach any day of the week, no matter who they are.

Brady’s retired, Ian can probably close this echo chamber or archive it, and hopefully the manically obsessed who relentlessly contributed to it can move on with their lives.
Didnt realize the date of the thread when I clicked on it, but he was retired when it started and you posted on it...Dont see why thats stopping you now?

You're finally seeing things clearly. Took you long enough. :)

It's never been BB vs Brady to me as much as coach vs player. I'll take a top player over a top coach any day of the week, no matter who they are.
Top coaches find and develop top players… they don’t just appear on Gillette’s doorstep.

Didnt realize the date of the thread when I clicked on it, but he was retired when it started and you posted on it...Dont see why thats stopping you now?
He’s retired.

Move on with your life.

I'd much rather be here discussing Blunder Bill's antics than talking about drafting players that I've never seen or heard of before. And it's not like Bill opens up to the fans or makes any big splashes that would give us opportunities to talk about the current players. And we know for damn sure that the current players won't open up to us out of fear.

Those same sentences repeated in the main forum could cause heads to explode. Luckily, Ian sees that there are fans here who might still want to talk about the greatest player in the history of the game and he gave them a place to do it.

He’s retired.

Move on with your life.
My mistake sir, he was also retired when you were talking about him getting Arians fired. You know, if we care about consistency, if not then good day!

Last edited:
Curse of Tom Brady on Boston sports is real. He began the championships he ended the championships.

Curse of Tom Brady on Boston sports is real. He began the championships he ended the championships.
Every once in a while I do the math on Bill's record with Brady and without him. It really is startling how average Bill's teams were and how few playoffs they made without Brady, even with decent defenses. And yet, Bill and the IBWTers think it was about him and not Tom.

These are the totals for Bill and Tom for regular season, playoffs and SB's won.
43-45 year old Brady w/o Bill is 32-18, 5-2, 1 SB
Belichick w/o Brady on Pats is 44-44, 0-1, 0 SB
Belichick while with Browns is 36-44, 1-1, 0 SB
Belichick's total without Brady is 80-88, 1-2, 0 SB
Anyone who sees those results and thinks that Belichick was the key to the Pats success and not Brady has got to be blind. The numbers don't lie.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back