PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick takes headset at combine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh **** rewinding now

Is it me or does it seem like there's so much respect (or fear) that results in awkward moments because everyone is just waiting for what belichick is going to say or do next and no one wants to piss him off.

Is it me or does it seem like there's so much respect (or fear) that results in awkward moments because everyone is just waiting for what belichick is going to say or do next and no one wants to piss him off.

Much more respect. When the smartest man in the game's history walks onto a set, everyone bows down (except those BB considers equal like Willie, Randy, etc). Love when he does this stuff.

Belichick got it wrong when he said Willie made the short yardage stop "right here on this field." It was the old Colts stadium.

The man is human after all!! :D

BvHM5kECMAETj9e.jpg

It's good to be the king. :)

Funny. I was just sitting in a bar in the Indy airport...having an annual trip here and having belatedly gotten (free) tickets for some of the combine events. At the bar some guy and woman started chatting about about the combine events etc. when the guy (didn't hear the connection) brought up how tall Peyton Manning was compared to some the defensive lineman (who were running sprints on the tv). The woman adds how wonderful he was. Then out of the blue my favourite bartender in the Midwest says,"Well, if you ask a bartender friend of mine who's waited on him, he's not so nice after 1 drink. In fact, he says Tom Brady is way nicer than PM, and you wouldn't think that given everything you hear." The two dopes just looked at him. I wasn't wearing any Pats garb but man did I double down on his tip.

In my hotel were the Jags, Jets, Bears and Rams scouts, coaches and GMs. No sign of any Pats people. I was hoping to chat with BB before things got serious. I'm glad I was here on business and stayed to partake of the free activities. The only obnoxious thing I did was say "Garappolo" to John Fox on my way to breakfast yesterday morning.

THAT is a great video, and made my day. Thanks for posting that. :cool:

Can somebody refresh my memory about Vrabel and the fake timeout??????

thanks in advance...
EDIT-nvm found it

Tony Dungy, stop winning, beat the Patriots fair. (Not related to enforcment of pass interference.)
>>>>Two years ago, Bill Belichick sent a proposal to the NFL competition committee looking to make it illegal to call consecutive timeouts and have violators incur a penalty for the infraction.

The committee, according to Belichick, never recommended the change to the league and the rule remained as it was. A player could call a second consecutive timeout before a play was run after the first, but the officials were not to award it.

Then Mike Vrabel came along and used the back-to-back timeout ploy to distract opposing kickers against the Colts and Cardinals. Indy’s Mike Vanderjagt then missed a game-tying 48-yard field goal try in the waning seconds and Arizona’s Neil Rackers missed from 58 when Vrabel distracted him with a timeout signal immediately coming off a Patriots timeout.>>>>

The 58 yarder [Archive] - Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

>>>
TEMPE, Ariz. -- One of the more interesting moments of the Patriots' 23-12 win over the Cardinals yesterday occurred near the end of the first half when kicker Neil Rackers was about to attempt a 58-yard field goal.

The Patriots called a timeout to freeze Rackers.

As the sides lined up, the official announced that the teams had no more timeouts, but that didn't stop Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel from signaling an exaggerated timeout as the ball was being snapped, appearing to distract Rackers, who misfired on the kick. Rackers had made field goals of 51 and 52 yards earlier in the second quarter, and his career long was 54. But with the wind at his back at Sun Devil Stadium, a 58-yarder was plausible.>>>

Last edited:
I didn't even know about the 2nd timeout thing. That's awesome.

Funny. I was just sitting in a bar in the Indy airport...having an annual trip here and having belatedly gotten (free) tickets for some of the combine events. At the bar some guy and woman started chatting about about the combine events etc. when the guy (didn't hear the connection) brought up how tall Peyton Manning was compared to some the defensive lineman (who were running sprints on the tv). The woman adds how wonderful he was. Then out of the blue my favourite bartender in the Midwest says,"Well, if you ask a bartender friend of mine who's waited on him, he's not so nice after 1 drink. In fact, he says Tom Brady is way nicer than PM, and you wouldn't think that given everything you hear." The two dopes just looked at him. I wasn't wearing any Pats garb but man did I double down on his tip.

In my hotel were the Jags, Jets, Bears and Rams scouts, coaches and GMs. No sign of any Pats people. I was hoping to chat with BB before things got serious. I'm glad I was here on business and stayed to partake of the free activities. The only obnoxious thing I did was say "Garappolo" to John Fox on my way to breakfast yesterday morning.

This is great. Would love to know more about Peyton being an angry drunk. Of course, Brady drinks are few and far between as we know.

Sounds like this story when Jay Glazer almost got into a fight with Pink Head:

Here's a crazy story about how Peyton Manning almost fought Jay Glazer at the Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes