Belichick On Coin-Flip Questions "There Was No Confusion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Belichick On Coin-Flip Questions "There Was No Confusion"

Ian Logue

When asked after the game if there was any confusion on the call, Belichick scoffed at the notion after having been questioned about the topic earlier in his press conference.

Continue reading...

There obviously was confusion if you listen to the tape.

Fire the bum. We should've scooped up Rex when he was available. :D

Its the Jets in NY. Goodell probably had that "I just pooped!" baby grin and arm swim going when they scored.

Nonstory, Pats weren't going to receive.

Sigh. Another WTF moment for BB. That's two this year (the other one being that on-side kick against Philly), which is unusual. Dear BB - you are overthinking things because of all the injuries. Just play it straight and you'll be better off, as will all of your fans. I can only imagine the gameday thread upon that coin flip (out) call.

I get the logic (Fitzpatrick was spooked after that fumble and the Jets had done nothing on O since; if we hold them to a 3-and-out, or just a FG, we have a better chance of going the other way and winning), I just don't agree with it. WE were the last ones to march down the field and score. WE had the momentum - why give it back to the Jets? BB needs to reset his "calculator" and factor momentum into it more.

There obviously was confusion if you listen to the tape.

To clarify, there certainly was confusion, but I think they later noted that the confusion was not whether to kick, but it was whether or not they got to choose the side of the field, too.

To clarify, there certainly was confusion, but I think they later noted that the confusion was not whether to kick, but it was whether or not they got to choose the side of the field, too.

Slater should have deferred the choice to NJ.

Then he could choose the direction to kick.

Slater should have deferred the choice to NJ.

Then he could choose the direction to kick.

Very true, unless he was afraid the Jets would choose 'to kick'. But I think we all agree the odds of that were pretty low, so your plan would have worked.

The only reason that this is an issue at all is because the Jets drove down and scored a TD in a few minutes,

Choosing the correct direction wouldn't have won this game anyways.

That's what I thought too.

The weather looked balmy and not windy at all. Was anyone there?

Losing Richards on the first play in OT was huge.

That's what I thought too.

The weather looked balmy and not windy at all. Was anyone there?
My friend was and said it wasn't windy. Not sure how Metlife is constructed but sounds like it was not a factor.

The game was NY 17 - NE 3 in the 3rd quarter and NE came back to tie.

Mind control is a powerful tool. Stop listening to the media's attempt to "analyze" what happened and stop listening to excuses made up by Belichick and Slater. Listen to the audio of the coin flip before they tried to turn off the mic.

When Slater realized that the ref said the Patriots had won the coin toss, he got confused and then tried to elect to receive. They never wanted to kick the ball, its an excuse and a cover up. I will see if an unedited copy of the vid is on YouTube.

Even Brandon Marshall isn't buying the story. In those conditions, Belichick wouldn't have had an advantage, so we should stop fooling ourselves and smell the folgers in our cups.

Slater messed up and and spoke too soon when he said "we'll kick that way."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick