PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick not impressed with win over Buffalo. Team, Coaches, and Players aren't "consistent" enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Classic Belichick. I love that he never once mentioned Dobson in this answer:

Q: Was yesterday Aaron Dobson's best game since his rookie season?

BB: All the questions about any specific players, it's all going to be about the same thing. I thought we did a lot of things well as a team....[longish discussion of team].... So, any individual player, it's all going to come back to the same thing for each guy because everybody who played had things that they definitely could've done better that would've helped us, including me and the coaches. We did some good things – did enough to win and it's good to win – but there are a lot of things we can improve on and do better.

"It's good to win but...ah'...we got a long way to go" -- Belichick after absolutely annihilating someone.

Love it, Chip threw his boys under the bus. BB will never do that.

Chip is an idiot. I have to think that he was on drugs during the offseason because the moves that they made were borderline ******ed. He'll get fired after the season ends and will have nobody to blame but himself.

He's absolutely brutal in the postgame film sessions. . . . but he will never, ever throw a player under the bus in public.

Chip is an idiot. I have to think that he was on drugs during the offseason because the moves that they made were borderline ******ed. He'll get fired after the season ends and will have nobody to blame but himself.
Shady trade wasn't that bad, nobody is running behind that line but rest were highly questionable. I think he's a good coach but he's a terrible GM. He's like the NFL's Doc Rivers.

Shady trade wasn't that bad, nobody is running behind that line but rest were highly questionable. I think he's a good coach but he's a terrible GM. He's like the NFL's Doc Rivers.
Chip also made his oline worse this off-season so drugs still seem in play

Chip also made his oline worse this off-season so drugs still seem in play

And, let's be honest---the decision to get rid of a QB who had proven himself quite capable of running that system in exchange for Sam Bradford is the biggest head scratcher of all.

To me, that's the single biggest difference right there. He basically has no QB, or at least that's what the first 2 games have shown.

In German TV Vollmer gave an interview and he talked how the first thing BB did this off season was trying to get the SB victory out of their heads and that this is a new team and they have to work hard to get there again.

I think this team will end up as good as last years.

BB has two phrases that are important. The first, everyone knows is "Do your job". That is simple and effective. The second is that he always states that this is a players game. They need to have the responsibility. They are the only ones who dictate if the teams wins or loses.

When BB came to NEP, he was difficult for the media to understand.. now 15 years later he remains a mystery to most of them.. the media loves the Rex's, Pete's and Chip's because they play the media game better than Bill and patronize them.. the media falls into the same trap as many teams do.

This is the consistent message he has given since he came to this town.. and one of the many reasons why the Pats do so well..

There was a lot of material from the Buffalo game that he will use to improve this team for future games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents