PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick not give Tom enough credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BB knows what we all know. Brady is the GOAT.

Think about this for a second: from the entire Patriots offense, over the last 17 years, who makes the hall of fame? Not Pats HOF but the NFL HOF. Brady and Gronk? Who else?
First round?
Randy Moss.
Adam Vinatieri

Recently, I do think there is one QB he'd rather have and that is why he didn't say that again. It's been BB's standard go to line when Brady has an amazing performance or wins a game of this significance.

Bottom line is BB wants his legacy to include Brady, yes, but his ego also wants his legacy to not be all about Brady. But... it's too late. Brady and BB are intertwined for ever and BB is never coaching a team with out TB12 as his starting QB because it could "COULD" expose him. We all know his record as a HC with the Browns and his record with the Pat w/o Brady is .500 (19-19). Not exactly GOAT numbers!

Deep down this kills him. He resents Brady for it. I also believe it was why he threw him smack down under the bus during Deflategate. BB wanted to damage Brady's reputation.

Please Don't kill me - that has always been MHO and I have never budged from it! Deflategate Presser is when Brady lost BB and BB lost Brady. I also believe that Kraft made BB come out with that impromptu presser the infamous 'Mona Lisa Veto' to make up for the damage he caused Brady a week prior!

Are you talking about Michael Bishop?

First round?
Randy Moss.
Adam Vinatieri

Yeah, I will give you Moss but Adam does not count - only talking offense! :)

What about Cory Dillon? Top 20 in yards.

Brady has earned his place in the history books, among the Immortals. Not just NFL immortals, but guys like Jordan and Ali and Nicklaus and a handful of others.

In a sense it's impossible for Belichick to ever give Brady "enough credit," so I have no trouble with spreading it around a little more evenly.

Brady doesn't need any more validation from Belichick. I think his teammates are the only ones he probably still craves about in that regard.

This is one of those times I wish I could ignore a thread without having to click on it

Yeah, I will give you Moss but Adam does not count - only talking offense! :)

What about Cory Dillon? Top 20 in yards.
I thought about that when I put down #4...and, technically, you're right, he's ST not Offense. But, I think the guy who puts up all those points kind of falls in a grey area.

Corey Dillon...probably one of a handful who might make it after the first round.

C
Bill Belichick surprisingly unimpressed with his QB, downplays Tom Brady hand injury

I don't necessarily feel this way.. But When asked about Dola (who was totally awesome) Belichick does seem to fawn all over him on and on (as much as Belichick ever could anyway)

And when asked about Tom's dealing with the tough hand situation, though he admits "Tom is a tough guy we all know that", he really does kind of belittle it.

That in and of itself is no big deal to me, its his way, except that he really did just fawn all over Dola, eventually stating that if you looked in the dictionary for "football player" there would be a picture of Dola..

Sincerely wondering what folks think..
Considering how you read into brady's "We will see" to "He is not playing", I dont think I will personally wont give too much credence into what you are wondering.

Also: did anyone else notice how he knocked over the AFC Champions hat at the start of the postgame interview? :D
How about Bills complete lack of interest in the Lamar Hunt trophy? He held it for about 2 seconds and didn’t even look at it before handing it away to someone else like a hot potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents