PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick needs to go postal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer B

In the Starting Line-Up
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Ok, the headline for the thread is maybe going to far, but the league set up the Patriots and enough is enough.

Belichick has been in the NFL for about 40 years. He must know "where the bodies are buried." He probably has enough dirt on various teams/members of the league to 'cause a huge sh*t storm. If the league is ok with setting up a sting operation on it's biggest team, then throwing chum in the water for the sharks (media) for the whole lead up to the Super Bowl, and then hiring a lackey (Ted F**kn Wells) to create an agenda driven report, then f**k Goodell and the league office. Fight is on.

In my mind, Brady may very well of had those guys let some air out. But this didn't need to become a federal investigation. Goodell should have phoned Kraft and said if this is going on it needs to stop. He then should have had the league test all balls before the game and at half time, if there was any funny business the league could have done an immediate internal investigation and lay down a fine if they had proof of any wrong doing. But Goodell made this out to be the crime of the century. F**k him.

Rogers over inflates his balls. No one cared. Vikings are caught heating their balls on the sidelines. No one cared. Chargers caught using stickum. No one cared. Falcons pump fake noise in their stadium. No one cared. Brown GM texting friggin plays to the coach. No one cared. All of these were barely mentioned in the media and at worst received a fine and at best no punishment at all. Patriots may deflate a ball. Create a sting, a 103 day report, and a media circus. Sharks are out for blood again.

Belichick, Kraft, and Brady might as well go public and release the hounds. Call Wells a league stooge. Call Goodell an stumbling, bumbling, complete fool. Call it like it is, publicly declare it was a sting operation and Goodell is incompetent to lead the league. Let out information to the media on all the stuff that's been buried away for years.

There endeth my rant

The best thing for BB is to publicly follow his boss's lead and do the best he can to defend his player.

I'm sure if Donald Yee called BB and asked for a little help, he'd get about 1000 pages worth or dirt.

9u2kv5.jpg

Doing anything that resembles something that Ryan Grigson / Eric Mangini has done or would do is a mistake in my book. Just because Belichick / Kraft could go postal. Gotta take the long view and do what's best for the team.

Rise above, ignore the noise. Best thing for the Patriots to do, and the worst for everyone else in the league, is for them to win games.

Frankly, I'm waiting for BB and TFB to announce their joint retirement, and we are all going to be left crying on the dock as they sail away on BB's boat.

On a more serious note, the only response I expect from BB is one of the following:

We're on to training camp.
We're on to Pittsburgh.
That's a league matter on which I have no comment.
You'll have to ask the league.

Doing anything that resembles something that Ryan Grigson / Eric Mangini has done or would do is a mistake in my book. Just because Belichick / Kraft could go postal. Gotta take the long view and do what's best for the team.

Rise above, ignore the noise. Best thing for the Patriots to do, and the worst for everyone else in the league, is for them to win games.

We did that with Spygate. It didn't work. The Pats went quiet and look what happened, they were called cheaters by the media and fans for years all the way up to the present day. The Championships were all openly questioned. If Belichick had come out and showed various other teams doing it the backlash against the Pats wouldn't have been close to what it has been. I just don't want to see Brady's accomplishments questioned over this b.s for the rest of his career and beyond. Fight it now and try to turn it around on the league.

PFT posted this a while back but hopefully BB can finally do this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...on-spikes-talib-allegations-against-patriots/

The involvement of the Patriots serves only to complicate matters for the league. As legend has it, the Spygate-related information given to the NFL by the Patriots that was destroyed by the league office consisted of evidence of cheating not only by the Patriots but also by multiple other teams in multiple other ways. As the folklore also goes, Patriots coach Bill Belichick vowed to go public with chapter-and-verse detail about cheating throughout the league if the league were to mess with the Patriots again.

To be clear, it’s not known that Belichick delivered to the league office proof of cheating by other teams, but that would help explain the league’s curious decision to quickly destroy the evidence. It’s also not known that Belichick threatened/promised to blow the whistle on league-wide cheating issues, but it would make plenty of sense for any team disciplined for violating the injury-reporting rules to be strongly tempted to point out that other teams routinely do the same things, or worse.

The only thing BB needs to do is win Super Bowl 50. Brady mvp. Gronk spikes the Lombardi.

somebody needs to ask goodell if this is what he really wants.........given that the pats are more creative and more effective overall than any other team in the league, do they really want the league to become a bunch of backstabbers.....something tells me the pats would be most effective at that if that was where it winds up.....basically have your own gestapo at every game chasing down every broken rule

Or BB could just go on a mission to produce plays that forces the league to change rules on a weekly basis

The only thing BB needs to do is win Super Bowl 50. Brady mvp. Gronk spikes the Lombardi.
Next season I want Tom Brady to run to the nearest NFL logo (or Colts logo) on the field and spike the ball on it. Then give us another one of these...

nGnNy.jpg

Hmm. Maybe not the best thread to bring up this point, but it made me wonder about something:

I've read that Belichick is the only head coach that isn't part of the NFLCA (equivalent of the NFLPA for coaches). Does that have any impact on his options or what might be in his contract? Obviously there wouldn't be any language that would permit him to do something like this, but I'm wondering what it means for things like any punishment he or the team might receive or his ability to appeal it. If Belichick decides to fight the league, is that any different than another coach doing the same?

I was thinking about a possible Belichick response and all I hope is that he comes out & strongly defends Brady and exposes how ridiculously overblown this is.

Sadly, no one seems to care about the gamesmanship that I'm sure goes on routinely with all the other teams in the league because no one has enjoyed the success the Patriots have. Most other fanbases are seething with jealousy and they've had to listen about our glorious dynasty for years in the news. Imagine their joy when the TV people start saying that the Pats were cheaters all along. They don't care if it's fair or accurate, it makes them feel "better" because they're all ****ed up. They're not going to give 2 sh*ts about what the other teams are doing.

That said, I don't think anything short of a Sandusky level scandal will bring down Goodell. I'd love to see it happen. That creep must have vices (and Lord knows he has enemies).

The closest we will ever get to how Bill really feels is with Linda Holliday's retweets and favorites yesterday on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes