PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick may be out to prove he is still the best coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll be fine. We hit some major speed bumps last year but we had our share of adversity. I think the Seymour trade though good for the long run left a deep rift in the locker room all year. Thomas was a year long distraction as well. I think we draft a real hard nose RB in the second like a Toby Gerhardt, perhaps get Jermaine Gresham or Kindle/Graham in the 1st and the rest is all gravy. A lot of this year will depend on the year two guys stepping up. We're going to need big years out of Butler, Chung, Vollmer, Edelman and Brace. We'll also need great years from the likes of Mayo and Meriweather who now along with Wilfork need to be the heart of this defense. I feel like this is really going to be a boom or bust year where we find out what direction this team will be heading for the next 3 or 4 seasons.

Stellar Picks ICB. Would like that Draft but we need some more pieces.
DW Toys

or they could be thinking that with a potential lockout in 2011, and a sold out stadium in 2010, that spending money on bonuses now is foolish......their income for 2010 is pretty much guaranteed...they have nothing to lose by not being very good next year.

and if there happens to be no lockout in 2011, they will be in great position to spend.....even though they won't......I mean, its not like they are going to have to worry about resigning their draft picks from 2006 and 2007 (meriweather is the only one)

win 3 SB's and then milk that sucker for every dime...as long as the stadium is full and they are getting what they are getting for tickets, the party continues

as for 3 or 4 rookie starters, how many teams have succeeded with that method?
as for 3 or 4 rookie starters, how many teams have succeeded with that method?[/QUOTE] Good points.
DW Toys

Belichick may want to win another superbowl too

Try topping that for nutjob theories!!!

OK, here's one:

(A) The Patriots are planning to get Tebow, so that when BB's current contract expires, he can retire, and . . .

(B) Urban Meyer takes over as HC of the NEP.

I think this "wins." :p

I'm smart enough to know that BB et al are a Hell of a lot smarter than me, so I'll defer to them on this one.

just a side note....from 2004 to 2008, the pats have the lowest percentage in the NFL in terms of draft picks still with the team
That's pretty bad. The reason why they have so many holes right now.
that stat's been put out here before and no doubt has some merit, but it's also been pointed out by many that the Pats teams from 03--08 were among the strongest in the history of the league, so making the team wasn't all that easy; plus, the pats weren't picking at the top of the draft most of the time in those years.
2003 and 2004 were their strongest teams but the rebuilding should've begun in 2005 not 2008.
To quote BB: "Stats are for losers."
I agree but this is one of the only stats that actually matter. If you can't draft, you won't have a good team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick