PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Belichick apologizes to media

Kudos to Bill. Right thing to do. Post game presser was unprofessional and embarrassing. Like he said, it's not the reporters fault that he got outcoached.

Same goes for Brady when he acts like a child after losing games. These guys are the Goats in their respective roles. I get they hate to lose and are passionate about it but they also get paid 10s of millions to do their jobs. They need to be more professional about how they handle losses.

He has tried to paint a more approachable picture of himself. It's a relatively recent trend and this is just the latest example.

Any guesses on the motive are just guesses. With his career winding down and how intensely he cares about football history, I wouldn't be surprised he's just mending relationships. Those are the guys who will write about his legacy and his impact on the sport.

One chilling thought: For all we know this is his farewell tour.

I feel like there’s a good chance someone close to him said “Look, the narrative around this team and you has really changed lately and then you had to go and act like that again and you‘re going to start a whole new wave of ******** and criticism that we simply do not need. Is this how you wanna be remembered when they’re voting coach of the year?”

I feel like there’s a good chance someone close to him said “Look, the narrative around this team and you has really changed lately and then you had to go and act like that again and you‘re going to start a whole new wave of ******** and criticism that we simply do not need. Is this how you wanna be remembered when they’re voting coach of the year?”
I want to believe that there's only one thing he thinks about winning.

I want to believe that there's only one thing he thinks about winning.
I believe he does but I also think he is capable of seeing that this wasn’t actually a whole lot of effort. And like it or not, he cares about his legacy, he’s said as much. All men of ego care.

Linda is not only picking his clothes now, she's trying to make him be nice to the press.

Kudos to Bill. Right thing to do. Post game presser was unprofessional and embarrassing. Like he said, it's not the reporters fault that he got outcoached.

Same goes for Brady when he acts like a child after losing games. These guys are the Goats in their respective roles. I get they hate to lose and are passionate about it but they also get paid 10s of millions to do their jobs. They need to be more professional about how they handle losses.
This is one of the many reason the Pats were/are hated. When they win, they want all cameras on them. When they lose, they run away.

This is one of the many reason the Pats were/are hated. When they win, they want all cameras on them. When they lose, they run away.
Yep. The other 31 teams offer comprehensive answers to every question posed by the media with respect, patience and a big smile after a loss.

They hate us because we've been kicking the leagues ass for 20 years

RE: the bolded … what ??

And like RW said above, yeah, as if the 31 other teams don’t bask in the glory after wins or give lousy answers after losses. Lol.

The ONLY reason the Patriots are disliked to the extent they are is because they’ve been extraordinarily successful for a long period of time. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Yep. The other 31 teams offer comprehensive answers to every question posed by the media with respect, patience and a big smile after a loss.

They hate us because we've been kicking the leagues ass for 20 years
RE: the bolded … what ??

And like RW said above, yeah, like the 31 other teams don’t bask in the glory after wins or give lousy answers after losses. Lol.

The ONLY reason the Patriots are disliked to the extent they are is because they’re been extraordinarily successful for a long period of time. End of discussion.
That wasn't what I was referring to.

What are you referring to?
Brady more so than Bill loves it when he's on the winning side eagerly running out to midfield with all the cameras on him to shake the losing QB's hand. But when he loses, he sprints to the locker room. I can't remember what game it was were Brady finally got called out by a QB leaving him hanging midfield. I believe it was NIck Foles in Super Bowl 52.

Bill at times shakes hands and has words when he wins, shakes hands and runs away after a loss (or a Coach he hates whether he wins or loses).

It had nothing to do with press conferences which I don't care about.

When they win, they want all cameras on them. When they lose, they run away.
When the Patriots win, they point out that it's nice to win, that winning is hard, that it's one game, but there were also mistakes that have to be fixed for the next game.

When the Patriots lose, they point out that they need to coach better, play better, that it was disappointing, and that they have to get things fixed for the next game.

When the Patriots win, they point out that it's nice to win, that winning is hard, that it's one game, but there were also mistakes that have to be fixed for the next game.

When the Patriots lose, they point out that they need to coach better, play better, that it was disappointing, and that they have to get things fixed for the next game.
Not what I was referring to. See above.

Just how do you "want cameras focused on you"?

No team in all of sports is so laser-focused on ignoring the hype and ignoring the cameras, to an extreme.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back