PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Before you post it: WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO BRING IN MCCARRON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I’m just judging him on how he looks in this picture, and while I really do admire his dedication to his religious beliefs, he still looks corny as hell, here. There’s absolutely nothing about him that makes you think “he’s the future of the franchise.”

A QB's Tattoos are the new Brady's body language.

A QB's Tattoos are the new Brady's body language.
Yeah, I’ll admit that I’m probably passing unfair judgment, but I just don’t see anything when assessing him or his talents.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that anyone is seriously discussing the 5th round backup QB of the Bengals like he’s the next up and coming thing. Then again, WTF do I know? He could go on to win the MVP next year.

I liked him coming out of college because I think he has the 'it' factor, sum of his parts greater than the whole, etc. In the right system I think he could be counted on to make good decisions which was the basis upon which Brady became the GOAT. Cause he sure wasn't the goat for the first few years, just a good QB who could have some outstanding games here and there but wouldn't do dumb **** or crumble in the clutch.

I noticed this headline on the sidebar: "Bengals won't be disciplined for improperly placing A.J. McCarron on NFI list in 2014." Because, Commissioner Goodell stated, "They are not the Patriots."

He'll do to tie to.

GO BAMA!

Alabama large.jpg

Couldn't even beat out Andy Dalton and people(Cleveland?) want to pay him 15m a year??? :confused:

Any QB brought here will either be drafted or come knowing he has zero chance of being named starter. So the free agents aspiring to start won’t consider New England- to say nothing about the money matters.

Maybe Jim Sorgi is available. :D

I don't want McCarron. I am okay with Hoyer as the back up next year and drafting the next (hopefully) Jimmy G. in the draft. Then we will have someone ready to go, when Brady is ready to go.

I don't want McCarron. I am okay with Hoyer as the back up next year and drafting the next (hopefully) Jimmy G. in the draft. Then we will have someone ready to go, when Brady is ready to go.

Jimmy shoulda been kept. I know it’s not possible and I’m on board with the trade but I still hate it.

Jimmy shoulda been kept. I know it’s not possible and I’m on board with the trade but I still hate it.
Impossible for Pats to carry two starting QBs at starting QB money. I am okay with it. Frankly, I am cheered by the Pats' ability (BB and McD maybe?) to identify the next good QB and their ability to develop him. Jimmy G. looks to be the most successful, but they also drafted Hoyer, Brisette, Cassell, and Mallett, all of whom have been starters in the NFL. Here's to hoping they identify the next Jimmy G. and bring him in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back