PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB's mother passed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences, Coach. Thinking of you and your family.

Condolences for coach Belichick. She got to see her son win 8 Superbowls as HC or DC, go to 12 Superbowls as an assistant or HC, and become the greatest coach in NFL history. Hope the players win it for coach on Sunday.

IMO, Josh is probably running things as of yesterday and today....

With COVID-19, there aren't wakes/funerals anymore....so I figure BB will make his way down to Annapolis...and let Josh run things in Foxboro this week. And likely rejoin the team for the flight to Seattle on Saturday. I don't think there's anything BB can't do on Zoom anyway...other than watch practice reps....

And RIP, Mrs. B.

98 is a life well lived....I hope to live 3/4 of that.....(knocks on wood)

Yup, I find sadness to be less the older the person is. 98 is a well lived life for sure. It sucks when they go earlier, like my Dad passed a little over a month ago at 77. That feels a little early for me but literally nothing can be done to change that.

Regardless, condolences to the Belichick family and friends.

Always sad no matter the age. My condolences to the Belichick family.

I'm going out on a limb : arrangements will be made to coincide with what works best for BB's football.

With all respect and kindness intended, a 98 year old with an only child doesn't usually have too many people to accommodate for arrangements. Plus Covid.

My condolences to the Belichick family. The grand kids are on the coaching staff too.

Last edited:
Belichick's dad died the night before a game in 2005, he coached that game and the game after.

That's because BB's mom was around to take care of the arrangements.

This is another thing entirely. There is a LOT more to do when it's the last parent who passes. And that's even with a will.

That being said, I'm sure that BB and his family have been preparing for this and they will overcome.

RIP, Mrs. Belichick. You raised a helluva son..

With all respect and kindness intended, a 98 year old with an only child doesn't usually have too many people to accommodate for arrangements. Plus Covid.

My condolences to the Belichick family. The grand kids are on the coaching staff too.

The only problem with this thought process is that it's ignoring the Steve Belichick legacy at Navy. If you truly think that there won't be too many people to accommodate, you're not thinking clearly. This woman was there by her husband's side through his entire coaching career. Guarantee that there will be a HUGE Navy presence. Just like there was for Steve when he passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes