PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BB on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB blamed McDaniels, could not believe he did not go to the hurry up offense... only kidding, did sound somewhat more blah than usual. Should be an interesting Pro Bowl.

listening to the brady one now, does anyone have a link to the BB?

BB should force LT to play every play of the Pro Bowl and call a rushing play up the middle everytime, therefore he would be classy by playing the self proclaimed classy player LT as much as possible.

Imagine what it's like to put your heart and soul into something and then have it torn away from you. Then have to go out and face questions from the press.

You must feel as if you just want to scream instead of answering questions.

I heard the very lsat 30 seconds of the WEEI thing and he sounded as if he wants to be here for the long term.

until McDaniels is ready to take over:singing:

I am GLAD we have a coach who doesn't like to Lose!
Never be satisfied with 2nd place

Agree with you. BB is much like MJ, Lance, Tiger. They all hate to loss. The Pats future is in good hands, God willing. Go Pats:rocker:

And when asked about the Klecko TD, he said we really blew the coverage on the one.

When asked about the Caldwell dropped, he said the was one of about 50 plays that went wrong.

Although he sounded very depressed and I didn't think they were going to get much out of him, it turned into a very interesting interview.

"Schottenheimer did lose to the Patriots, maybe the greatest football dynasty ever. ... He lost to a quarterback that has passed Joe Montana as the best all-time, and he lost to a coach in Bill Belichick that is better in big games than any NFL coach ever. Maybe better in big games than any coach in any sport."

1. Not the greatest football dynasty ever.

2. Tom Brady not the best of all-time (at least not yet).

3. BB is possibly the greatest big game coach of all time, however, I still need to see more. For a team to win a Super Bowl and not lose one of their coordinators is rare, to win three Super Bowls while not losing either one is unheard of. Let's see how BB does without Parcell's coaches (Weiss & Romeo).
In addition, Let's see how BB does in these "big games" without a hall of fame quarterback.

1. Not the greatest football dynasty ever.
in the salary cap area, yes it is.

2. Tom Brady not the best of all-time (at least not yet).
your opinion ..a lot disagree with it.

3. BB is possibly the greatest big game coach of all time, however, I still need to see more. For a team to win a Super Bowl and not lose one of their coordinators is rare, to win three Super Bowls while not losing either one is unheard of. Let's see how BB does without Parcell's coaches (Weiss & Romeo).
In addition, Let's see how BB does in these "big games" without a hall of fame quarterback.
\

BB showed us what he can do in big games already( remember that SB against the Rams?), he has nothing to prove...was that same inane demand( can he win with out his QB?) asked of Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll,and Lombardi?..or is it only a double Standards for the Pats only?

in the salary cap area, yes it is.

your opinion ..a lot disagree with it.

\

BB showed us what he can do in big games already( remember that SB against the Rams?), he has nothing to prove...was that same inane demand( can he win with out his QB?) asked of Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll,and Lombardi?..or is it only a double Standards for the Pats only?

The salary cap era? What's that 20 years? Ok, they are the greatest dynasty in the past 20 years.

It's funny, I've used the same argument against Walsh when people have overpraised him. The guy had Joe Montana.

A few years ago, people were saying some of the same things about Shanahan, then Elway retired.

I'm not saying BB isn't the greatest big game coach ever, I'm just pointing out the other side of the coin. A lot of people don't realize the significance and how lucky and rare it was to be able to keep the coaching staff intact for three all Super Bowl runs. To me, he hasn't looked like a genius over the past two post seasons, in fact, the "defensive genius" let up 32 second half points on Sunday.

Sounds fair to me.I wouldnt want the HC chipper and in a good mood after losing any game,frankly,let alone a playoff game.

The salary cap era? What's that 20 years? Ok, they are the greatest dynasty in the past 20 years.

It's funny, I've used the same argument against Walsh when people have overpraised him. The guy had Joe Montana.

A few years ago, people were saying some of the same things about Shanahan, then Elway retired.

I'm not saying BB isn't the greatest big game coach ever, I'm just pointing out the other side of the coin. A lot of people don't realize the significance and how lucky and rare it was to be able to keep the coaching staff intact for three all Super Bowl runs. To me, he hasn't looked like a genius over the past two post seasons, in fact, the "defensive genius" let up 32 second half points on Sunday.
Yeah, but Walsh had the foresight to get Steve Young, who kept it going, maybe not exactly at dynasty level, but the team got the fifth super bowl out of it. Of course, Big (little?) Daddy Eddie DeBartolo spent $$$ like it was going out of style. And, of course, Walsh drafted the brilliant Joe M., and isn't drafting part of the head coaching job? ;)

the Dynasty is one of the greatest BECAUSE of the salary cap restrictions. No other dynasty had to deal with parity and salary cap and maintain such level of excellence.
and who found Joe Montana? doesn't that count for anything?
who had the guts to make a 6th round pick the second string QB , then even make the gutsier call of handing him the reigns?

every single dynasty had a QB and a great coach, those are the things that sustained success, as long as the Pats have Brady and BB, and as long as the organization keeps making smart decisions , this thing will keep going.

the defensive genius didn't allow 32 points, his scheme didn't have the personnel to execute it, it's not an excuse, but a reality that the defensive unit was exhausted, sick, and gassed out, the same coach that schemed to stop the greatest show on turf was the same man on the sidelines on Sun. He is still on of the greatest football minds of this generation, and the fact that his teams achieved what they achieved in the past 2 years in face of all the changes and the injuries is a testament of his genius.

Last edited:
the Dynasty is one of the greatest BECAUSE of the salary cap restrictions. No other dynasty had to deal with parity and salary cap and maintain such level of excellence.

and who found Joe Montana? doesn't that count for anything?
who had the guts to make a 6th round pick the second string QB , then even make the gutsier call of handing him the reigns?

every single dynasty had a QB and a great coach, those are the things that sustained success, as long as the Pats have Brady and BB, and as long as the organization keeps making smart decisions , this thing will keep going.

the defensive genius didn't allow 32 points, his scheme didn't have the personnel to execute it, it's not an excuse, but a reality that the defensive unit was exhausted, sick, and gassed out, the same coach that schemed to stop the greatest show on turf was the same man on the sidelines on Sun. He is still on of the greatest football minds of this generation, and the fact that his teams achieved what they achieved in the past 2 years in face of all the changes and the injuries is a testament of his genius.

I'm not disagreeing with much of what you said, in fact, your right, it's not fair to blame BB for the 32 points.

One point that nobody ever brings up about winning in the "non salary cap era" is this, while it was easier to keep your team intact back then, it was also easier for your opponents to keep their teams intact too. A guy like Montana might have won a few more Super Bowls if the Redskins, Giants, Bears, etc... had to deal with a salary cap. It's a double edge sword. The cap weakens you, but it also weakens your opponents.

I think that he is hurting a lot. That was as tough a los as I, for one, have ever had to endure, and I am sure it is even worse for him. It was evident in his short, quick comments at the end of the game, when interviewed, and it was very evident in his facial expressions, too.

In all the years that I have watched, and listened to Bill Belichick, I believe that this was, perhaps, the most difficult loss he has ever been part of. I feel bad for him, cause he gives so much.

I agree, haven't ever heard him like that before..............I would bet he's in the war room now getting ready for next year:D

I agree, haven't ever heard him like that before..............I would bet he's in the war room now getting ready for next year:D
Man I sure hope so....for whatever reason, given all the recent success and considering the 42 previous years of misery...THIS loss continues to gnaw away at my insides and actually hurts more and more every day Patriot haters rejoice as this one really does hurt - we should have won this game.

Want some more good news??? Should Indy win - then we probably get to open - in Indy and suffer the indignity of watching them raise their stinkin banner - GO BEARS - PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe