BB Best GM in NFL.. again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
An opinion piece that BB is once again the best GM in football, I agree. Letting his LT walk two years in a row, a fairly novel approach to Free Agency and team building. Then there is all the hardware...

Now if he could only be nicer to the press and treat them with kid gloves as they ask idiotic questions, he might just be perfect...

Goal Line Stand: NFL's Best GMs 2019 - Fantasy Columns

How did Bill Belichick celebrate his sixth Super Bowl victory as head coach? By letting his left tackle and top pass rusher walk in free agency. Neither time nor winning have softened Belichick’s heart. He continues to do the things no other coach or general manager will do

I always liked his response. “Someday we will be able to sit down and talk about all that but right now, we’re on to 2019

I have this image in my head of him, several years from now. It's 2030 and he's coming home from his retirement press conference. He sits down in his recliner, finally ready to let go of the moment and reflect on his career and the legacy he built. Then suddenly lets out a huge, "F*CK! We could have been 19-0 in 2007..."

Felger and Mazz were going off on BB yesterday because Brady is not in passing camp throwing to new targets......their argument was that it doesn't matter that he wins superbowls, that's just wrong

there's one in every crowd....in this case, two

It’s amazing how successful the team has been even with a streak of relatively poor drafts in recent years. Even when he misses in the draft he has found some UDFA’s who play/played well and found some 2nd or 3rd tier free agents to fill out the roster. I know a lot of it is Bill’s coaching and Brady covering up some of the draft misses but even then still it’s impressive.

BB the GM trying help BB the HC.

Felger and Mazz were going off on BB yesterday because Brady is not in passing camp throwing to new targets......their argument was that it doesn't matter that he wins superbowls, that's just wrong

there's one in every crowd....in this case, two

I love the idea that Brady led an offense that -- even with a 13 point Super Bowl performance -- averaged over 30 points per game in the postseason, with Julian Edelman, James White, and the last gasp of Rob Gronkowski as his only consistent weapons, without having gone through OTA's. Yet when it happens again this year, suddenly NOW it's going to be a problem again?

It’s amazing how successful the team has been even with a streak of relatively poor drafts in recent years. Even when he misses in the draft he has found some UDFA’s who play/played well and found some 2nd or 3rd tier free agents to fill out the roster. I know a lot of it is Bill’s coaching and Brady covering up some of the draft misses but even then still it’s impressive.

15 of 22 starters last year were pats draft picks......and one was a UDFA..........I'd say they've done pretty well

I love the idea that Brady led an offense that -- even with a 13 point Super Bowl performance -- averaged over 30 points per game in the postseason, with Julian Edelman, James White, and the last gasp of Rob Gronkowski as his only consistent weapons, without having gone through OTA's. Yet when it happens again this year, suddenly NOW it's going to be a problem again?

I think they're just pumping their show by being against everything......it will be the Bruins turn today

15 of 22 starters last year were pats draft picks......and one was a UDFA..........I'd say they've done pretty well
The 2017 draft produced one solid role player.
The 2016 draft produced one starter and 2 backup/rotational players.
The 2015 draft produced 2 studs (one now gone) an underwhelming starter and a special teamer.
The 2014 draft produced a great role player, a short time starter and a couple backups.

Not terrible drafting but definitely a few underwhelming in a few years.

The 2017 draft produced one solid role player.
The 2016 draft produced one starter and 2 backup/rotational players.
The 2015 draft produced 2 studs (one now gone) an underwhelming starter and a special teamer.
The 2014 draft produced a great role player, a short time starter and a couple backups.

Not terrible drafting but definitely a few underwhelming in a few years.

this does nothing to refute my point.....there was only one playoff team with more drafted starters than the pats......the bottom line is the bottom line......case closed

this does nothing to refute my point.....there was only one playoff team with more drafted starters than the pats......the bottom line is the bottom line......case closed
Ok you win. Congrats. Your trophy will be mailed to you.

I didn't win.....I'm just right
tenor.gif

White kind of disappeared after halftime in kc tho , wonder what happened there. He beasted against sd and first half of kc.

But yeah fortunately those 3 were enough to carry the passing game, 30 ppg is impressive for any offense in the playoffs where offenses tend to be more grounded.

White kind of disappeared after halftime in kc tho , wonder what happened there. He beasted against sd and first half of kc.

But yeah fortunately those 3 were enough to carry the passing game, 30 ppg is impressive for any offense in the playoffs where offenses tend to be more grounded.

My guess without going back to re-watch would be KC started to focus on him more. But regardless, my overall point was that 2018/19 was far from Brady's best and deepest crop of weapons, and yet he put up numbers just a tick lower than his MVP 2017 season and obviously did alright overall in the playoffs. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt on offseason programs.

I have this image in my head of him, several years from now. It's 2030 and he's coming home from his retirement press conference. He sits down in his recliner, finally ready to let go of the moment and reflect on his career and the legacy he built. Then suddenly lets out a huge, "F*CK! We could have been 19-0 in 2007..."

I bet he never talks about it. I also bet we’re going 19-0 this year! Going to the bowl and there’s nothing any one can do to stop us.. not even Austin Powers! Mug aaa muh ha ha

I also eagerly await his book...he's gonna write a book or have it written by someone else... He's too much of a football historian to not to, IMO. Cannot wait for him to air all the dirty laundry about the league.....

Cannot wait for him to air all the dirty laundry about the league.....
Hope I live long enough for this as I've been waiting for 12 years and aging fast.

Was there any doubt?

Congrats Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes