PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

B.G.C. 2019 NFL Draft/Patriot-Type Players Thread

Great list. Nate Brooks is intriguing.

Cole Holcomb had one of the best pro days I've ever seen. Dedrick Young II and Drew Lewis weren't too far behind, either. I believe the Patriots have scouted or met with all of them (maybe not official visits, but scouts @ games, if I recall). It seems like we're actively looking for an athletic late round linebacker. We could use some speed on the field in today's game.

upload_2019-4-23_15-38-44.png

Cole Holcomb had one of the best pro days I've ever seen. Dedrick Young II and Drew Lewis weren't too far behind, either. I believe the Patriots have scouted or met with all of them (maybe not official visits, but scouts @ games, if I recall). It seems like we're actively looking for an athletic late round linebacker. We could use some speed on the field in today's game.

View attachment 23194

Has this guy played special teams at all? At worst with that profile he's like a developmental linebacker and special teamer.

Has this guy played special teams at all? At worst with that profile he's like a developmental linebacker and special teamer.

Unsure. I'll have to dig further. He has all the tools, though. He had over 300 tackles in his career, and I like how willing he is to take on blocks. I'm willing to bet on players like that.

View attachment 23194

NFL.com's Lance Zierlein likes him as as STs ace/developmental LB anytime after the end of the 5th round:
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Cole Holcomb | NFL.com

View attachment 23194

Hard pass on Dedrick young. For all the advantages he has athletically he loses it due to his poor instincts.

Now Antonio Reed is a guy I wouldn’t mind taking a flier on as an UDFA.

Unsure. I'll have to dig further. He has all the tools, though. He had over 300 tackles in his career, and I like how willing he is to take on blocks. I'm willing to bet on players like that.

Dang, I had just randomly stuck Holcomb at the end of my contest entry and now you post this! ;) Yes, he has tons of special teams experience and the hair-on-fire attitude to match. And unlike a lot of the pro day phenoms, there are signs that he's actually good at football.

More QB info

So take Lindstrom/other guard prospect and move Thuney to tackle?
Thuney's arms (32-1/4" at combine) preclude him from ever becoming a realistic option at either OT position. Lindstrom would be the better candidate to cross-train at Swing Tackle than Thuney would be. I just don't know if I could pull the lever for him at 32 if AJ Brown and/or Dexter Lawrence are still available.

So take Lindstrom/other guard prospect and move Thuney to tackle?

You'd only move Thuney to tackle if Wynn wasn't up to the task.. And then, you move Wynn inside..

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back