PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AV - Took only 45 mins to take indy offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Per Tomase. Am I an idiot for even mentioning this?
sorry for lack of link.

That's because he was so excited tgo to "a winning organization" :confused: :rolleyes:

it should also be noted that this is an in formative article, written by Tomase.

Nothing quite as sound as a well thought out decision!

Marv Levy said:
You either make (the kick) or you don’t. It’s not like analyzing a tackle, where you say he didn’t move his feet quickly, or slide properly. A kicker is easy to measure
Weird quote from Mahv. You either make the tackle or you don't.

You know, as much as I loved and worshipped Adam, this stuff is getting kind of old, IMO. I wish that they could have worked something out, I wish that he was here. I think that we would be a better team with him than without him. But none of these articles lamenting his loss, will turn back the clock and bring him back. Many believe that we will regret losing him, and we might.
But what's done is done. The Patriots will still be here and they will line up every Sunday and play football with or without him.

We are not the only team this offseason to lose key players. How come they aren't on Indy's arse for letting Edgerrin James walk? How come they aren't on the Steeler's arse for losing Randel El? What have they done to replace the players that they lost? Who did Indy sign to replace James, and who did they sign to replace Thornton? Wasn't he one of their starting LBs? Who has replaced Randel El for the Steelers?
Look around the league, there are quite a few teams who have lost key players on their roster.

Aren't any of these so called writers interested in what the Patriots are going to do going forward? Why are we still sitting here with $20 million in cap space and doing nothing to replace the players that we lost?
I want to hear about what the Patriots are going to do now. Who they might draft. Who they might sign. Who has visited with us. Judging by the lack of movement in free agency, it would appear that this year's draft is going to be more important than I originally thought. How about some draft coverage Boston Media?
:)

DefenseRules said:
How about some draft coverage Boston Media?
:)
There is a thread about Borges free flowing thoughts, give him credit for creating mental and emotional drafts! :rolleyes:

Boy if it took him 45 min, he was really torn as to which team he would play for...

CrazyDave said:
Per Tomase. Am I an idiot for even mentioning this?
sorry for lack of link.

In fairness to Adam V., who is pure class, this will help prolong his career. He won't miss indoors.

well

Tom Curran last night on NEST said that he had a long interview with AV, and that indy made it very easy for him to choose them, while NE didn't. After indy's offer, AV's agent called the pats to basically say "the deal is done, unless you got another big offer"! He is supposed to have an article in the projo today about his interview, but i haven't seen it yet!

Bostonian1962 said:
In fairness to Adam V., who is pure class, this will help prolong his career. He won't miss indoors.

Not to mention when comparing a deal that offers you nothing beyond an opportunity to remain somewhere on a year to year basis vs. a deal that essentially guarantees you $9.5M+ over the next 4 years - it doesn't take that long to run the numbers.

If Adam's situation was a Wonderlic question the answer is a no-brainer. ;)

BelichickFan said:
Weird quote from Mahv. You either make the tackle or you don't.

Marv was talking about analyzing an offensive tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back