PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Austin Collie out

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you have a quote from George Orwell and Rex Ryan in the same signature?

It's like the good, the bad, and the ugly. Only in this case Rexy takes up the bad and the ugly.

People really dont think Manning has something to do with making his recievers pretty good. Wasnt there and edlemen >collie debate
Last year. Collie is 5th in yards and 2nd in td's. Just saw this...rather impressive.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This will be the weakest group of targets Manning's had to throw to since 2001 or 2002.

Now we finally get to see how great Peyton Manning actually is.

Very good point, i remember our 06 season when we had wide-eyed Caldwell, chad jackson 'n others "weak group of targets".. Brady still got us to the AFCCG. Lets see how manning does!

... he's missing a lot of his targets now and, along with Collie, his binky (Clark) is lost for the season. The Colts still have to face:

Texans
Eagles
Patriots
Titans (twice)
Chargers
Cowboys
Jaguars
Bengals
Raiders

With the Patriots/Jets in the AFCE, and the Ravens/Steelers in the AFCN, the Colts could find themselves missing the playoffs this year.

The potential for new levels of schadenfreude here are very exciting.:rocker:

manning has been coddled with great receivers ever since he's been in the league. polian hooked him up with reggie wayne, clark, harrison, collie, garcon. now he's left with wayne, garcon, blair white and tamme. i'd like to see how much he can pad his stats with these guys. i am telling you all manning does is throw to wide open guys. he's not that great in throwing in traffic.

You must be at least half joking, right? Always surrounded by great receivers like Collie and Garcon? Garcon played division III football and was completely overlooked by the rest of the NFL just like Collie. All Polian does is find receivers that fit well with Manning's system and the Manning makes them great. How many unproven recievers do the Colts have to bring in and have perform exceptionally before you're convinced?

You must be at least half joking, right? Always surrounded by great receivers like Collie and Garcon? Garcon played division III football and was completely overlooked by the rest of the NFL just like Collie. All Polian does is find receivers that fit well with Manning's system and the Manning makes them great. How many unproven recievers do the Colts have to bring in and have perform exceptionally before you're convinced?

Garçon and Collie are good players, I don't care where they were drafted. They aren't great by any stretch, but they are competent receivers. Of course, having Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark on the field tends to open things up for them a little bit. It's not every offense that can have guys like Garçon and Collie as the 3rd/4th options. You act like they are the Colts top receivers, which is simply untrue. Aside from them Manning also has two potential hall of famers to throw to.

And I say this as one of the biggest Peyton Manning fans you'll find on this board. I think the guy is just great, and while I wouldn't take him over Brady, he is easily one of the five best QBs in league history. That being said, while it's certain that he makes everyone around him better, it's also undeniable that he's always had a lot of talent to work with throughout his career.

Last edited:
I never said Garcon or Collie were top receivers, in fact that was my (apparently vague) point. I would never include either of them as someone you could "coddle" a QB with, as the other poster said. I think Manning is the only QB Collie could play for and be the #4 receiver in the NFL

On a related note, I'm going to go get some coddle now, greatest soup ever invented.

Last edited:
Collie could play for Brady and be the 4th rated receiver. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results