PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Austin Collie out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll all now see about what the fuss was in the draft forum over Blair White.

NFL.com news: Colts lose Collie, Clark for indefinite period with hand injuries

Sorry if this was already posted, I checked and didn't see it.

The Colts are taking a beating this year. It will be interesting to see how they come out of it. Collie had been huge for Manning this year.

manning has been coddled with great receivers ever since he's been in the league. polian hooked him up with reggie wayne, clark, harrison, collie, garcon. now he's left with wayne, garcon, blair white and tamme. i'd like to see how much he can pad his stats with these guys. i am telling you all manning does is throw to wide open guys. he's not that great in throwing in traffic.

Manning is a great quarterback. Trying to deny that is pure homerism. I'm sure he'll be more than fine with what they have at receiver, but it greatly affects their offense.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This will be the weakest group of targets Manning's had to throw to since 2001 or 2002.

Now we finally get to see how great Peyton Manning actually is.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This will be the weakest group of targets Manning's had to throw to since 2001 or 2002.

Now we finally get to see how great Peyton Manning actually is.

That's unfair to Manning. I don't care how good his receivers have been, while that was of great help in terms of amassing statistics, you just have to use your eyes to see the greatness in him.

That's unfair to Manning. I don't care how good his receivers have been, while that was of great help in terms of amassing statistics, you just have to use your eyes to see the greatness in him.

Well, that and all the rule changes Polian pushed through to help him. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I believe that Manning is likely the best passer in NFL history. But he has never been, and I believe he never will be, a better quarterback than Brady.

Last edited:
manning has been coddled with great receivers ever since he's been in the league. polian hooked him up with reggie wayne, clark, harrison, collie, garcon. now he's left with wayne, garcon, blair white and tamme. i'd like to see how much he can pad his stats with these guys. i am telling you all manning does is throw to wide open guys. he's not that great in throwing in traffic.

I don't think many people saw greatness in Garcon and Collie coming into the league. That said, it is amazing how wide open these guys get. Now, is that scheme? Manning's line-of-scrimmage adjustments?

I said this before: The one down side to these Colts injuries is that, if the Colts even win their division Manning will be a shoo-in for MVP. The fawning will go to a whole new level.

I don't think many people saw greatness in Garcon and Collie coming into the league. That said, it is amazing how wide open these guys get. Now, is that scheme? Manning's line-of-scrimmage adjustments?

I said this before: The one down side to these Colts injuries is that, if the Colts even win their division Manning will be a shoo-in for MVP. The fawning will go to a whole new level.

Manning is already the default MVP; in other words, they just give it to Manning unless they can make a clear case for someone else.

why is he a great QB? because of his yards thrown and TDs - that's what others cite when discussing manning. his receivers help him out A LOT. when they had marvin harrison, teams would double him and leave open dallas clarke across the middle or reggie wayne.

If we beat Indy we won't get any credit for it now. The media will say that if not for injuries Manning would have easily won that game and he is playing amazing with no talent around him, something no QB has ever done (TFB says hi). They will then give him the MVP when they make it as a wild card.

Eh, chicken vs. egg. Do you really think that Garcon and Collie would be all that good on another team with another QB? I don't- Manning makes decent receivers look better than they are, kinda like Brady does. Wayne, Harrison, and Clark were all legitimately top-tier receivers, but the other guys?

Last edited:
Well, that and all the rule changes Polian pushed through to help him. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, I believe that Manning is likely the best passer in NFL history. But he has never been, and I believe he never will be, a better quarterback than Brady.

Brady's a better passer and a better quarterback, but that doesn't mean that Manning isn't pretty damn good in his own right. You can be significantly worse than Brady and still be a top-10 all time QB.

Manning's the second best QB in the league, and he's among the top 20 NFL QBs of all time. That being said, he's missing a lot of his targets now and, along with Collie, his binky (Clark) is lost for the season. The Colts still have to face:

Texans
Eagles
Patriots
Titans (twice)
Chargers
Cowboys
Jaguars
Bengals
Raiders

With the Patriots/Jets in the AFCE, and the Ravens/Steelers in the AFCN, the Colts could find themselves missing the playoffs this year.

Last edited:
Eh, chicken vs. egg. Do you really think that Garcon and Collie would be all that good on another team with another QB? I don't- Manning makes decent receivers look better than they are, kinda like Brady does. Wayne, Harrison, and Clark were all legitimately top-tier receivers, but the other guys?

garcon and collie would not be putting up numbers if it weren't for them playing behind clarke and wayne. it's the same argument people have about welker being left open when they double teamed moss.

Last edited:
garcon and collie would not be putting up numbers if it weren't for them playing behind clarke and wayne. it's the same argument people have about welker being left open when they double teamed moss.

You could argue Manning still has the better receiving core still even without Clark or Collie.

Fantasy tip: Add Garcon now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference