Attention: Brady Detractors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATippett56

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Take this:

10 Things We Learned: Rakish Week 10 edition | Cold Hard Football Facts

3. It’d be tough to be much better than Tom Brady was on Sunday night.

In a battle of rock vs. hard place, Brady was the rock, and now the Jets are in a hard place (oh yeah, that’s some good writing for ya, folks).

Facing the prospect of a third straight loss, a tough road game, the top spot in the division and the best pass defense in football, Brady said “That all you got?” With an assist from the New England D (three turnovers),

Brady’s 118.4 rating against the Jets in New York still has to rank in the top 10 regular-season performances of his career – and it went beyond the numbers. The Jets’ front was ferocious, winning the battles against the New England line, but Brady found the time he needed and made the most of it.

With seven of the softest games imaginable left on the schedule, he and the Patriots could easily earn the AFC’s top seed despite the two-game skid, and an 11th straight AFC East title (two were shared) seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.

So pretty much, people were saying that he needed to play better, he played better and the Pats won. :D

People who believe anything less than that Brady is God's gift to the Patriots don't deserve a thread. :rocker:

I'll admit that I've been a critic of Brady after a few games here and there (Jets playoff game last year for one and a couple this year here and there) but it's been more based on his performance and my sometimes unrealistically lofty expectations. What has not changed is that over the past 4 years, he has clearly solidified himself as by any measure, one of the top 5 QBs of all-time.

In terms of Boston Sports Legends, he might be a shade below Bill Russell and Ted Williams but his is right there with Larry Bird and Bobby Orr IMO.

Last edited:
Brady is having the best red-zone performance of his career this year. Alot has to do with Gronk and Hernandez I guess but boy has Brady been clutch in that area.

Brady > Ted Williams. How many championships did Ted Williams bring us? The guy was also a huge prick

Not some long time Boston fan of all sports or anything, but I'd have to say that the only athlete even rivaling Brady at this point for Boston sports would have to be Bird. Brady is simply the man.

Younger fans say Brady sucks cuz he has failed for the last two years to win a playoff game. That's a long time.

The number one indicator for our loss is Brady turning the ball over- be it by interception or by fumble. I will pick us to win every time if he does not hand it over to the other team.

The number one indicator for our loss is Brady turning the ball over- be it by interception or by fumble. I will pick us to win every time if he does not hand it over to the other team.
He needs to be a game manager like Trent Dilfer and rely on our steller defense and dominant ground game to win the Super Bowl.................yes, im being sarcastic.

He needs to be a game manager like Trent Dilfer and rely on our steller defense and dominant ground game to win the Super Bowl.................yes, im being sarcastic.

No, he just needs to play like he is Tom Brady, the greatest quarterback of all time.

No, he just needs to play like he is Tom Brady, the greatest quarterback of all time.

Brady was coming off pretty much the most ridiculous run of consistently great QB play the NFL had ever seen. He'll have his stinkers now and again, every QB does.

Wow thanks for the 'water is wet' thread here Tip.

BTW what was the CHFF take on the Giant game?? ;)

Brady is the best qb in NFL..no question.

Maybe it was all the trade Brady and fire Belichick posts here that finally got the slouch off the couch, and he actually went out and practiced and studied film for once.

Brady > Ted Williams. How many championships did Ted Williams bring us? The guy was also a huge prick
Bill Russell and Larry Bird were a couple of walking bundles of sunshine, too...

I actually thought TB was a bit off early, threw some balls which definitely could have been picked. He got better as the game progressed.

One thing I really liked seeing was his focus downfield as rushers harassed him, something that's been missing quite often since 2008. That 3rd down completion to Welker where he looked left, then right, then left again before the throw, all in about 1.5 seconds with a blitzer swatting at his legs, was a thing of beauty.

All that being said, I think Rogers is playing better than anyone in the league, right now. We'll see if he and the Packers can keep it up for a whole season.

Are you a teenager?

Russell, Orr and Williams say hi.

Not some long time Boston fan of all sports or anything, but I'd have to say that the only athlete even rivaling Brady at this point for Boston sports would have to be Bird. Brady is simply the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes