PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Atlanta sports talk media is really messed up now

SouthernPatriot

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Several weeks ago as they were looking for wins, most were thinking that playing the Patriots was a win. Rookie QB, with a weak arm that hasn't really "lead" the team. Now you have to remember that this media hates Mac because he is a Bama Man and Bama owns the Georgia Bulldogs.

Anyway, today they are scrambling! Thursday night has gone from a win, to most likely a loss, and hopefully not a beat down! I am so happy to be going to the game as a Patriots fan! I will be there with one of my longtime friends from the Boston area who bought me a ticket since I have converted. He is a life long Pats and Sox fan.

GO PATS!!!!

The Braves win must feel good. But I wonder if Braves fans and Falcons fans are slightly different segments. Maybe not.

The state might care about the Braves the least. It’s Georgia Bulldogs then a big gap and then their 3 pro teams. And frankly their soccer team might have the most passionate fan base in the state.

The Braves win must feel good. But I wonder if Braves fans and Falcons fans are slightly different segments. Maybe not.
They are. The Braves are the regional baseball team for most of the South-nc sc ga ala ms especially. The Falcons are not and never have been. The Saints and Panthers are both bigger regionally than the Falcons.

They are. The Braves are the regional baseball team for most of the South-nc sc ga ala ms especially. The Falcons are not and never have been. The Saints and Panthers are both bigger regionally than the Falcons.

So the region is generally happy then about the Braves ring and a much smaller segment cares about the Falcons. Probably like a NE or Red Sox following compared to a smaller Bruins crowd.

Happy Monday! :haha:

arthur-angie-falcons-loss.jpg

The state might care about the Braves the least. It’s Georgia Bulldogs then a big gap and then their 3 pro teams. And frankly their soccer team might have the most passionate fan base in the state.
There is a pretty big gap between Falcon fans and Bulldog and Braves fans. The faithful Falcons fans tend to be more fans that live within the city of Atlanta and Bulldog and Brave fans tend to live in the Metro area and through out the state.

I will disagree about people caring less about the Braves. True, while the city of Atlanta fans might not caring as much, the metro area fans care a great deal! We had over 2 million people show up at the parade and all the school systems were closed.

Soccer has a great base of fans, but it is not universal. Atlanta is a very diverse city, we have a very strong Latino population, Asian population, Black population, and whites. It seems each segment gravitates toward a certain sport.

Several weeks ago as they were looking for wins, most were thinking that playing the Patriots was a win. Rookie QB, with a weak arm that hasn't really "lead" the team. Now you have to remember that this media hates Mac because he is a Bama Man and Bama owns the Georgia Bulldogs.

Anyway, today they are scrambling! Thursday night has gone from a win, to most likely a loss, and hopefully not a beat down! I am so happy to be going to the game as a Patriots fan! I will be there with one of my longtime friends from the Boston area who bought me a ticket since I have converted. He is a life long Pats and Sox fan.

GO PATS!!!!
I’m taking my 10YO son also. Went from “do we even want to go because this team sucks” to “Damn this could be a really fun season” in a month’s time.

So the region is generally happy then about the Braves ring and a much smaller segment cares about the Falcons. Probably like a NE or Red Sox following compared to a smaller Bruins crowd.
The Braves were probably the most watched mlb team in the entire usa through the 90's. TBS aired every game and the Braves were really good. Plus Florida is the only other Southern state with a mlb team. But i doubt theres many Falcons fans in the South outside of Ga. Saints have La. Ms. and even a chunk of Ga. Panthers have both NC and SC plus a chunk of Ga.- Charlotte,NC is not far from Atlanta and Panthers have had more success over last 20 years. But the biggest reason might be UGA- I'd wager Ga. has a lot more UGA fans than Falcons fans

The Braves were probably the most watched mlb team in the entire usa through the 90's. TBS aired every game and the Braves were really good. Plus Florida is the only other Southern state with a mlb team. But i doubt theres many Falcons fans in the South outside of Ga. Saints have La. Ms. and even a chunk of Ga. Panthers have both NC and SC plus a chunk of Ga.- Charlotte,NC is not far from Atlanta and Panthers have had more success over last 20 years. But the biggest reason might be UGA- I'd wager Ga. has a lot more UGA fans than Falcons fans

I respected Maddux (perfect control) and Smoltz (clutch). A lot of analogies with a great accuracy guys in Maddux/Mac-Jones being way better than guys who can just pitch it 100mph or throw a football 70 yards with no touch.

I respected Maddux (perfect control) and Smoltz (clutch). A lot of analogies with a great accuracy guys in Maddux/Mac-Jones being way better than guys who can just pitch it 100mph or throw a football 70 yards with no touch.
Of all those great pitchers we had during that run in the 90's Maddux was The Man. He couldn't over power guys, but he could paint the corners like no one else. He was so freaking accurate is was a joy to watch him pitch and watch guys at the plate just shake their head when he struck them out!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back