PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan gets paid

Good move. Ryan is a winner and there's not many franchise QBs out there. Glad he got the playoff monkey off his back.

Good move. Ryan is a winner and there's not many franchise QBs out there. Glad he got the playoff monkey off his back.

Agreed. They really looked like the strongest team in the NFC last season, and a lot of it had to do with him and some of the amazing weapons he has at his disposal in the passing game. Smart move by Dimitroff.

Good for Ryan. In terms of the "Brady mold" of winning games, staying humble and quiet (on camera anyway), Ryan is my second favorite QB in the NFL. Well deserved.

Good for Ryan. In terms of the "Brady mold" of winning games, staying humble and quiet (on camera anyway), Ryan is my second favorite QB in the NFL. Well deserved.

I have a feeling if he wasn't from BC the comments here wouldn't be so high. What is his playoff record again? Because his 900 home winning % means about as much as Brady's 16 wins in 2007.

Good luck to that team in a cold weather super bowl next year.

Ryan gets a lot of love here because of the BC connection but tbh. I don't think he's as good of a QB as some of you think he is.

Dome: Check
Great Regular seasons teams with a troubling playoff record: Check
Team builds completely around him from day 1 providing him with plenty of weapons: Check

starting to sound familiar?

Def have to pay him he's a good qb, but not so sure I'd trust him with a playoff game on the line. He's kinda Romoish in the playoffs. To be fair, he should have been in the super bowl if not for niners getting away with an obvious pass interference. Seems to be a good kid so good for him.

I like Matt Ryan but ......100 mil for a QB with one playoff win in 5 years...

OK, I suppose it's simply a result of the QB driven league.

Brady is now the 13th/14th highest paid QB in the league.....

To be fair, he should have been in the super bowl if not for niners getting away with an obvious pass interference.

To be completely fair, they still needed to put the ball in the ends zone if they got the call. No guarantee of that, especially against that defense.

I like Ryan; he moves well in the pocket and is an accurate passer. But he's had a set of weapons that just about every other QB in the league would give their left nut to work with. I guess the Falcons brass can look on the bright side: if he'd won it all, he'd have cost them another $16 million.

Great pay day.... I love when competitive teams ...use tons of cap space a on qb...that way...they will sux in many other areas.... :)

Ryan is no more than hype. I would fuss about him being overpaid, but after hearing about;

* Rodgers
* Flacco, especially Flacco
* Romo
* Manning (No more than an average QB last year)

Any QB should get paid. In fact, Kaepernick should get one million dollars more than Rodgers because he actually defeated him in the NFCC.

This sort of garbage just makes me appreciate Brady a whole lot more.

Ryan is no more than hype. I would fuss about him being overpaid, but after hearing about;

* Rodgers
* Romo

Any QB should get paid. In fact, Kaepernick should get one million dollars more than Rodgers because he actually defeated him in the NFCC.

I can guarantee, if the 9ers win the superbowl next year and Kaep plays like he did last year he will be payed more than Rodgers. Its the nature of the NFl today. Prove you can win games and take your team to the playoffs? 100 million dollars. Win a championship? Highest paid player in football history.

* Rodgers
* Romo

Well I disagree with Ryan. Matt Ryan doesn't have an MVP award or a Ring, but he's proven he can lead the Falcons, a team in total disarray after the Vick scandal, and had an excellent year. Who else deserves this money? Quarterbacks who can get you to the playoffs are insanely important...

Rodgers is the best QB in the league, and at his age, is the only one worthy every penny, and more. He got a below-market deal.

Flacco is overrated but he had an amazing postseason. Full credit to him for that, Brady has never had as amazing a postseason as that.

Romo doesn't deserve his contract. He can play great for stretches, but he sucks. The Cowboys are screwed tying themselves to him as their franchise guy.

When Brady is gone we as Pats fans are going to realize how valuable a QB who can take you to the playoffs every year really is, and will want to throw a ton of money at him.

Stop comparing these guys to Brady. They are all younger and are expected to lead their franchises for 6-7+ years, each of them. They are worth it in today's NFL and market.

Quarterbacks who can get you to the playoffs are insanely important...

Quarterbacks that can actually win some games in the playoffs are more important...

Regular season ain't important, ask the giants

Quarterbacks that can actually win some games in the playoffs are more important...

Regular season ain't important, ask the giants

Lots of variables affect winning those playoff games. I can't believe some of us around here could question this, our very own QB has had his share of bad playoff losses after excellent regular seasons. It's Brady's biggest criticism today.

But the bottom line is you just gotta pay the guy if he proves he can put you in that position year after year. He's worth too much in today's league. What happens once you get to the tournament depends a whole lot on chance and non-QB factors.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back