PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

~ Ascension of a JuggerNaut ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir are the lunatic fringe. First, you cant be down on the early 90s 9ers! There was only 1 game watching a year before the playoffs and only 1 game in the playoffs worth watching from 91-94....9ers vs boys. The boys won 2 before Debartolo started leaving bags of money around circumventing the "salary cap". OK, enough with the 9ers.

This post is SOOOO bad, the only thing I can relate it to is the LeFraud speech:"not 2 or 3 or 4 titles"....sound familiar?? Off the grid INDEED! :bricks:

Wow. You talk about the Lunatic Fringe and then post something like this? Bad form.

Thanks for the hyper espresso super fan lift.
A gentleman two blocks from my house proudly displays a large GIANTS flag that reflexavly brings up a load of bile that takes a good while to get rid of.

Possiblility? Yes, with lady luck kissing our collective football butts.
Need I point to the miraculous reception by an unconscious David Patton or that our starting QB was knocked out for most of the season twice in the last super decade.

Hope you're right, Go PATS!

Too bad there is 31 other teams that actually want to win as well....:bricks:

I agree with your asessment of Bradys potential longevity and enjoyed your description of Favre.

But weren't you about to jump off a bridge in the middle of the draft and extremely critical of BB's selections before doing a 180, proclaiming it genius, and now predicting a perfect season and 3 superbowls?

If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

But I agree that the assembled talent is remarkable. What I find amazing is that you could field a starting lineup of patriots comparable talent-wise to half the leagues current starting lineups for about $18-25 million.

Yes, you are mistaken, my good man.

Thanks for showing the objectivity to allow for that possibility. :cool:

I was ~ and am ~ extremely critical of the Mallett Pick.

But I was one of the FIRST guys who applauded the Vereen Pick.

And I loudly CELEBRATED the Solder Pick, from the very moment it was made.

All in all, I have LOVED this Draft Class, from the very first, and have said so many times.

So, yeah: You definitely have me mixed up with someone else.

You may be thinking of Brother Ken, who ~ if MY faulty memory is right!! ~ changed his mind completely ~ the "180" you describe ~ and, characteristically, had the integrity to say so.

Wow. You talk about the Lunatic Fringe and then post something like this? Bad form.

Brother Jeff calling anyone else ~ even me!! ~ the "Lunatic Fringe" hits a 99 on the Irony Scale!!
jester.gif

The modern Dynasties faltered becuase they lost their starting QB, and no matter how great our draft classes are, if you don't have a Beast at QB, you don't have a chance for consistent excellence.

The modern Dynasties faltered becuase they lost their starting QB, and no matter how great our draft classes are, if you don't have a Beast at QB, you don't have a chance for consistent excellence.

Yup. Our run ends with #12

The modern Dynasties faltered because they lost their starting QB

WHAT???

My friend, you could NOT be more completely wrong:

1 ~ The Packers won 5 Championships with Bart Starr as QB under Coach Lombardi, but then collapsed when Lombardi retired...even though Starr remained the starter for the next 3 years.

2 ~ The Steelers won 4 Super Bowls with Terry Bradshaw as QB, but the team slipped into mediocrity in 1980, even though he remained the starter for the next 3 years.

3 ~ The Miners won 4 Super Bowls with Joe Montana and another one with Steve Young, but toiled for 4 full years with Young after 1994, without making it, again.

4 ~ The CowBoys won 3 Super Bowls with Aikman under center, the slid into mediocrity over the next 5 years, under his leadership.

You're 0 for 4, my friend.

General Tom Brady is the greatest in the Game.

And when all is said and done, I believe he will be the overwhelming choice for Greatest of All Time, despite coexisting in the same Universe as his hero, Joe Montana.

But the most irreplaceable part of this Dynasty is Bill The Great.

And as long as we have him, we will be in the thick of it.

Is it just me or does this guy's (or girl's) posts annoy the bejesus out of anyone else?

with all the italics, font changes, squiggly lines, and mindless ranting reminiscent of that guy standing in copley with the sign board talking about how god is going to smite all of us...

is there a block user option on this board? After a full season of these ridiculous posts last year im not quite sure I want to do it again.

Dude you have 100 post in 2 years! Settle down.

OTG's style is def different to put it mildly; but he's someone i consider a great contributer here especially in the draft forum. I find his posts to be a nice change of pace from the norm around here myself. Different strokes for different folks I guess but we are all rooting for the same team here.

OTG's style is def different to put it mildly; but he's someone i consider a great contributer here especially in the draft forum. I find his posts to be a nice change of pace from the norm around here myself. Different strokes for different folks I guess but we are all rooting for the same team here.

Off the Grid is an indispensable part of this board. Is he insane? Quite possibly. But the lyrical language running fluently from his fingertips is worth a little insanity. This place would be boring as hell without a guy like OTG around to keep it interesting and if you are willing to actually read his posts he is quite knowledgeable.

His posts are always a pleasure to read and I'm glad he's OUR homer. Bromance rant over.

(No Homo).

WHAT???

1 ~ The Packers won 5 Championships with Bart Starr as QB under Coach Lombardi, but then collapsed when Lombardi retired...even though Starr remained the starter for the next 3 years.

2 ~ The Steelers won 4 Super Bowls with Terry Bradshaw as QB, but the team slipped into mediocrity in 1980, even though he remained the starter for the next 3 years.

3 ~ The Miners won 4 Super Bowls with Joe Montana and another one with Steve Young, but toiled for 4 full years with Young after 1994, without making it, again.

4 ~ The CowBoys won 3 Super Bowls with Aikman under center, the slid into mediocrity over the next 5 years, under his leadership.

And when all is said and done, I believe he will be the overwhelming choice for Greatest of All Time, despite coexisting in the same Universe as his hero, Joe Montana.

Amen, Brother Grid!

BB makes sure the TEAM is fundamentally sound, without a sound team a HoF QB won’t get the job done, WITH a solid team a ok QB can take them a long way but a GREAT QB can make history!

Off the Grid is an indispensable part of this board. Is he insane? Quite possibly. But the lyrical language running fluently from his fingertips is worth a little insanity. This place would be boring as hell without a guy like OTG around to keep it interesting and if you are willing to actually read his posts he is quite knowledgeable.

His posts are always a pleasure to read and I'm glad he's OUR homer. Bromance rant over.

(No Homo).

May The Gods of Your Choices BLESS you, gentlemen.

Particular thanks to your eloquence praise, Brother Scrizz. :D

Seriously, gents. Meant a LOT. :cool:

You guys are drunk if your think your going to convince me that we can be a DYNASTY without a top notch QB.

WHAT???

I'll believe it when it see it...if we lose a goat at QB how do you expect us to replace that?

Amen, Brother Grid!

BB makes sure the TEAM is fundamentally sound, without a sound team a HoF QB won’t get the job done, WITH a solid team a ok QB can take them a long way but a GREAT QB can make history!

Well SAID, man.

And thanks. :cool:

Wow, a bold prediction. I like your optimistic style :)

You guys are drunk if your think your going to convince me that we can be a DYNASTY without a top notch QB.

If you think WE give a rat's @$$ whether you're convinced or not, SOMEBODY's drunk!!
jester.gif

Offthegrid...will we be running the revolutionary 11-TE set after Brady retires?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back