PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arian Foster retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't getting any more playing time anyway since Ajayi has now emerged as a force for the Fins.

The Dolphins clearly aren't making the playoffs either, so he probably saw the writing on the wall.

Texans paid him at the wrong time.

Happy retirement Arian. Great player in his prime, glad we didn't sign him this offseason.

Ditto Matt Forte, who's averaging 3.5 YPC and has caught only 18 passes so far.

Staying the course at RB seemed foolish in the offseason to many, but watching Blount hammer away at defenses and knowing Dion is right around the corner now looks like the correct call.

Remember when people wanted him over Blount?

Dolphins' Arian Foster announces his NFL retirement says:
How much of an impact did Foster make in his prime? Among all players with a minimum of 1,000 touches since 2010, per NFL Research, he finishes his career ranked first in yards from scrimmage per game (115.2) and 100-yard rushing games (31) and is tied for the lead in touchdowns from scrimmage (65). His 84.7 rushing yards per game rank second during that span.
Not bad for a UDFA, but the 'per game' stats are one way of downplaying his very unfortunate injury history.

Think he was on his way out and about to get cut. Maybe thats what the "thank you for letting me leave with dignity" part was about. Justva thought idk anything about his contract.

Anyway, he was really fun to watch for a while there in houston. I just LOVE those backs that are as deadly in the passing game as they in the running, makes for aome great football watching.

Well, he had a helluva run from 2010-2012 + 2014. Just couldn't stay healthy. He was kind of this generation's Priest Holmes.

Does Priest Holmes have any outside shot at the hall?

Another vegan athlete bites the dust. Eat some lean protein every once and a while. Ask Kap

Good player, better teammate. I wish him well in his future endeavors.

Remember when people wanted him over Blount?

I totally wanted him.

I wasn't in the cut Blount camp as I didn't think Foster was a 200 carry guy anymore but I figured he had 100 carries and 20 or so catches in him.

His body just crashed and burned

Good player, better teammate. I wish him well in his future endeavors.
Guy was a philosophy major and a writer of poetry.. Not too many of those in the NFL.... Wish him well....

Injury prone but had some great years. Once the guy in front of you goes back to back 200 yd games kind of makes this decision easy. Still puts Miami in a sort of tough spot depth wise, was never a fan of the mid season retirement. You signed up for a year stick it out.

Wonder if the Texans will retire his letterman jacket.

With what Jay Ajayi has been doing, there was no way he was going to consistently see the field again this year anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes