PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Chargers satisfied to be here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I will admit that I haven't read or heard every statement coming out of the Chargers players and coaches. However, the statements that I have read and heard do not sound like a team determined and focused on winning the SB.

Don't get me wrong, I think that they very much want to win this game. But I don't sense the determination that I sense from the Patriots. In fact the Chargers sould like a team who's big win of the year was last week and are satisfied with that. This is not a put down of the Chargers. This is not disrespecting them. It's just an observation that could be right or wrong.

Anyone else have the same observation?

I will admit that I haven't read or heard every statement coming out of the Chargers players and coaches. However, the statements that I have read and heard do not sound like a team determined and focused on winning the SB.

Don't get me wrong, I think that they very much want to win this game. But I don't sense the determination that I sense from the Patriots. In fact the Chargers sould like a team who's big win of the year was last week and are satisfied with that. This is not a put down of the Chargers. This is not disrespecting them. It's just an observation that could be right or wrong.

The Bolts are completely focused on winning Sunday on your home field. Everything else is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Their reactions at winning the two playoff games are not unlike the reactions of Patriot players in 2001 after they made the playoffs and won playoff games.

No I think you've just been influenced by teh chager trolls who keep saying they don't care if they lose because they have nothing to lose and are just glad to have made it this far.

No I think you've just been influenced by teh chager trolls who keep saying they don't care if they lose because they have nothing to lose and are just glad to have made it this far.

Agreed. I have no doubt that the Chargers players are singularly focused on winning. No little kid gets home from his Pop Warner game and lays in bed dreaming about someday advancing to the AFC Championship game.

I'm sure they're happy to come as far as they have, but I'm sure they want it just as much as our guys do.

I can't really see how any Charger could be 'satisfied' with an AFCCG appearance. Would any of them admit, even to themselves, "gee, I really think it's ok if we lose this game because I'm happy of our progress"? I don't think so, but I guess you never know.

The Bolts are completely focused on winning Sunday on your home field. Everything else is irrelevant.

For the opportunity to dance on our logo?...I think not

You know what would be totally classy? Shawne Merriman mocking the person who mocked the lights out dance. I think my head would explode.

You know what would be totally classy? Shawne Merriman mocking the person who mocked the lights out dance. I think my head would explode.

Colvin is on IR.

For the opportunity to walk off your homefield heading to the SuperBowl. There will be no need to mock the Pats after your team has been delivered the greatest single saddest blow ever.

We will dance in San Diego instead.

Last edited:
For the opportunity to walk off your homefield heading to the SuperBowl. There will be no need to mock the Pats after they have been delivered the greatest single blow ever.

We will dance in San Diego instead.

Very classy response! You didn't bite at all, I'm impressed;)

yeah, I doubt the Chargers want to win the SB.

they are probably happy just to make the cross-country trip to a frigid windy stadium, that's basically just as good :confused:

No need to mock you guys or your fans after the Chargers win. Only fools do that. Although, you might see Philip jawing at some of your fans....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes