PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are Patriots in on Robert Griffin III trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RGIII is the most obvious example I know of a player being ruined by an idiotic coach/owner. When he got hurt and left the game, anyone who's ever blown a knee KNEW that he needed to sit and get an MRI immediately. I was screaming at the TV, and more so when he went back into the game.

Absolutely criminal. People mention that he "played scared" after that injury - yup, because he thought he could trust the leg 9under the dose of game-time adrenalin) and he couldn't. That stays with a guy.

He would have been a very good QB under the right coach and with proper ownership, instead of in that Washington meat market. Can he be rehabbed? Never to the previous potential, I expect, but the talent was certainly there - I watched him at Baylor running flat out to the left, pull up and throw a 40-yard bullet back to the right in one of his last college games (when everyone was arguing RGIII or Luck for #1. Aaron Rodgers could make that throw...I'm trying to think of anyone else.

ps. These are the kinds of quotes that make me shake my head: (Hoyer) seems like a nice guy, the kind that finishes last though. The best that can be said of him: "He might not be disastrous."

Hoyer's been in the NFL since 2009. He has a net worth of $17 million.

Dude, that ain't finishing last. Some perspective, please.

RGIII looked pretty good during his first year and was inured in the playoffs.
(He even had some of the quality that I crave :) )
The Patriot coaching staff could straighten him out but I doubt we will see it.

Coaches might be able to get more from him, if they had a year. But, I'm not sure he can learn the system. Especially since he hasn't learned to go down and not fight for an extra year -- which is what keeps him on the IR.

He has/had more potential than Hoyer, but Hoyer understands our system and offers more to the Patriots. If the Pats had to rely on either for more than 2 (regular season) games, it wouldn't go well for the Patriots season.

as with almost any player, sure if the price is right.

Having good back up QB is prudent move with 40'+ year old as starter. JG was a luxury insurance policy that hardly got used. Upgrade needed.:cool:
Bridgewater and Griffin are literally nothing alike except in one thing. I'll leave you to figure out what that thing is.

I don't know if Griffin offers an upgrade on Hoyer. It'd be an interesting redemption story. He certainly had all the talent in the world. Started playing scared after that first big injury though and that's a tough thing to overcome, sometimes impossible. I don't really know why the Patriots would be interested. Bridgewater, a younger pocket passer, that I could see. Maybe next year.

Same height, same career passer rating .... o_Oo_O

Here we go with a late QB addition having to fit a "system" again. The Pats are more than capable of developing an offense around his skill set and installing more as time goes by. RG3 can throw every pass on the field. The challenge and responsibility lies with the coaches to put him in a position to succeed.

Never said or implied system, merely queried how long would it take for a new QB to come to NE and learn the subtleties of this Offense, it is more complex than most. That coupled with a QB that is high maintenance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back