PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone see PTI? What did Childress say to BB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RP gets credited with an assist on the old school shakespearean joke. I shoulda picked a more contemporary reference, like General Cornrow Wallace and his signature bird call.

Peace out (CrrrrCrrrrrr!)

PFnV

RayClay said:
I hope you're just stretching to make a point. Otherwise you're really revealing an appalling ignorance of football history.

Yes, I suppose that was a small stretch, but I don't believe that BP has had much of an influence on BB in the grand scheme of BB's career. I could be wrong of course. It would be interesting to hear BB list his top 20 influences. I for one would be surprised if BP were mentioned. Even if he were it doesn't make any sense to include BB on a BP tree just because of their relationship at the Giants, it was never a mentor-protegee relationship as one would expect with a "coaching tree"-type relationship. They co-existed and were an excellent tandem, but BP was not educating BB any more than BB was educating BP.

None of this discussion should, however, be cause for your accusation of an appalling ignorance. That said I find the topic fascinating so if you have anything of substance to contribute, I remain genuinely interested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick