PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone have trouble watching other games?

TB12TheGoat

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I can't watch other NFL games or any college games because I can only watch high quality football aka the Patriots. My friends think I'm a **** when I tell them this and refuse to go watch the other games with them, but I just can't subject myself to low quality football

Granted there are plenty of crap games out there, but there are some good ones as well. NFC East games are usually pretty good however not so much this year , anything NFC South (this year) was fun to watch, and watching teams like Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Seattle, should always be worth watching.

Browns vs. Colts - would rather watch paint dry

no.....football is fun to watch and drink to

the pats themselves look like ****heads for sizeable stretches of games

I am having zero trouble watching other games. Right after the patriots game ends, or in the lead up to it, i go do something else, eat food, have a good time, then when its time for the patriots game, i sit down, relax and watch football.

I'm at the point where I can't watch other NFL games or any college games because I can only watch high quality football aka the Patriots. My friends think I'm a **** when I tell them this and refuse to go watch the other games with them, but I just can't subject myself to low quality football

I find the older i get the less interest i have in any althletic event. I will watch and/or go to Michigan games and Patriots games but thats about it. I was a Lions fan for 60 years and barely pay attention to them anymore. I don't watch other games more that a few minutes while channel surfing.

No. Football is awesome.

I enjoy the other games more sometimes because I am not as stressed about the outcomes, except maybe if the game is the Steelers and they are winning.

I like football more the older I get actually.

Yeah, Oklahoma/Georgia was no fun at all to watch.

I live in Puerto Rico. After Maria came through it was impossible to watch any football or even find out any info on the games.

Finally on week 5 I found a Chili's was operating on generator power about 20 minutes from me. Joy! I couldn't wait. I jump in my car, belly up to the bar and order a cold beer (a real treat). To my disappointment they didn't have Sunday Ticket. Oh well, what are my local broadcast options?

Jets&Browns and Bills@Bengals.

You have got to be kidding me.

Even after having football withdrawal it was still tough to get excited watching these matchups.

I was more interested in upates of other games. So I know what you are saying.

I just watch other games while working out at the gym. Try to root for Tamper while I'm down here. Talk radio folks were bemoaning his poor decision making and penchant for turnovers. The little I watched, he was in a position to at least get a FG, ran around to escape the rush and threw the ball across the field into the EZ where 3 opponents covering his wideout made a pick. Heard later that my Bucs won though.

Better get used to low quality football because this won't last much longer and will never happen again in your lifetime.
yeah better suck it up, theres only lil more than month of football left

I'm not surprised. Based on the way you whine like a ***** in the Patriots GDT about what you consider to be high quality football, I can't even imagine what you'd be like watching some of these other scrub teams.

I'm on the left coast so rooting for the 49ers as my temp sideteam has been an easy move.

I enjoy watching the games, even the ones with **** tier play, because in some ways those games with two crap ass teams playing are more zany and silly.

You've become a football snob, friend.

I've never been able to watch college. I find it inherently boring. I do find myself having trouble sitting through non Pats games unless its a hated rival or has some interesting story behind it. Watching Denver or Baltimore get stomped by someone is always great. Watching Detroit play Tampa Bay, less so and I probably wouldn't watch anyway. Red zone becomes a godsend in that regard.

Important (playoff) games I'll always watch.

To me the beauty of football is the competition. People are so wrapped up in fantasy football now that they can’t watch a good game between 2 equal teams don’t have big fantasy stars.
If the best 200 players in the nfl had never been born or chose to play a different sport, nobody would know the difference. Because it would still be 32 teans if the best players you can find competing in the greatest game ever with the cream rising to the top.
Hell there are probably a couple hundred guys now who are talented enough that they could be in the NFL but chose to do something else. And we are basically limiting the pool to the USA. Players have already begun retiring in their prime due to concussion risks.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back